ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Time Waits for No-one Return to archive
October 22nd, 2004 07:45 AM
star star Does Keef play guitar on this song, or is it all MT, i cant seem to make a second guitar out? any feedback would be great... thanks guys
October 25th, 2004 06:28 PM
keith mcjagger
quote:
star star wrote:
Does Keef play guitar on this song, or is it all MT, i cant seem to make a second guitar out? any feedback would be great... thanks guys

i dont like that song..meh its ok, but it doesnt trump dance little sister.

o(^_^o) (o^_^)o o(^_^o) (o^_^)o dance lil sister dance!!!!
October 25th, 2004 07:41 PM
kath boy, i remember the days when feedback was a bad thing, especially when used in context with guitars!

that makes me very old, doesn't it????

oh dear........
October 25th, 2004 09:40 PM
gustavobala from site : www.timeisonourside.com

Composers: Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
Recording date: January & April-May 1974
Recording locations: Musicland Studios, Munich, West Germany; Rolling Stones Mobile Unit,
Mick Jagger's home, Newbury, England; & Island Recording Studios, London
Producers: The Glimmer Twins
Chief engineers: Keith Harwood & Andy Johns
Never performed onstage

Probable line-up:

Drums: Charlie Watts
Bass: Mick Taylor
12-string acoustic guitar: Mick Taylor
Electric guitars: Keith Richards & Mick Taylor
Lead electric guitar: Mick Taylor
Lead vocal: Mick Jagger
Backing vocals: Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
Piano: Nicky Hopkins
Synthesizer: Bill Wyman
Percussion (incl. maracas & tambourine):Ray Cooper

Yes, star crossed in pleasure, stream flows on by
Yes, as we're sated in leisure, we watch it fly, yes

(And) Time waits for no one (man)
And it (he) won't wait for me

Time can tear down a building or destroy a woman's face
Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste

And time waits for no one
No favors has he
Time waits for no one
And he won't wait for me

Men, they built hours to their passing, yes, to their fame everlasting
Here he comes chopping and reaping, hear him laugh at their cheating

Drink in your summer, gather your corn
The dreams of the night time will have vanished by dawn

No, no, no, not for me
No, not for me

TrackTalk

(Can You Hear the Music? and Time Waits for No One) were my particular riff but got taken up by others in the band. Those songs got turned into something I didn't even imagine. Whereas something like Angie turned out pretty much as I expected.

- Keith Richards, 1974-75

Well, I co-wrote that particular song but I didn't exactly like that record (It's Only Rock 'N Roll) much.

- Mick Taylor, 1993

The best one (on that album) - for a guitar solo, anyway - is Time Waits for No One, which is the first song we recorded for It's Only Rock 'N Roll. We hadn't seen each other for about 3 months, and it was done in one or two takes. We had done a bit of a layoff because we'd finished an American tour (sic), and everybody went to different parts of the globe and had a rest. I went to Brazil, which is possibly why there is a little Latin influence there.

- Mick Taylor, 1979
October 25th, 2004 09:43 PM
gustavobala MT wrong in the final:
he doesnt do american tour in june 75 - august 75

he comes to brazil in january 75, after album IORR!
October 25th, 2004 10:13 PM
Soldatti I thought that Jagger did the acoustic guitar.
October 27th, 2004 09:17 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
MT wrong in the final:
he doesnt do american tour in june 75 - august 75

he comes to brazil in january 75, after album IORR!

HE'S REFERRING TO THE 1973 TOUR ENDING- NOT 75...COULD IT BE POSSIBLE HE WENT BRAZIL FOR A VISIT DURING THE TIME HE'S SAYING?
October 27th, 2004 09:24 AM
gustavobala
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

HE'S REFERRING TO THE 1973 TOUR ENDING- NOT 75...COULD IT BE POSSIBLE HE WENT BRAZIL FOR A VISIT DURING THE TIME HE'S SAYING?

Bill, but the american tour was 72, and early 73(california, hawai, australia, n. zeland), in the finish of 73 they do EUROPEAN tour....

i don't know if he cames here in 73, i think NO, but i have photos in magazines when he cames here in january-75, he goes to amazonia, rio and gaves his acoustic guitar to a brazilian musician, they saids who is brown sugar guitar acoustic :/
October 27th, 2004 10:20 AM
Gazza The use of the word "(sic)" means there's a factual error in Taylor's statement which the person who wrote or edited the article has noticed to be incorrect.

He's saying they had just finished an American tour just before they recorded IORR, which was incorrect. It was a European tour. So if someone had gone to South America after the end of the tour, it would have been late 1973.

However, there were two sessions in Munich for the IORR album - one for two weeks in November 1973 and another in January 1974 and then overdubs in England in the spring of 1974. Taylor didnt attend the November session.
[Edited by Gazza]
October 27th, 2004 11:44 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The use of the word "(sic)" means there's a factual error in Taylor's statement which the person who wrote or edited the article has noticed to be incorrect.

He's saying they had just finished an American tour just before they recorded IORR, which was incorrect. It was a European tour. So if someone had gone to South America after the end of the tour, it would have been late 1973.

However, there were two sessions in Munich for the IORR album - one for two weeks in November 1973 and another in January 1974 and then overdubs in England in the spring of 1974. Taylor didnt attend the November session.
[Edited by Gazza]

well, i repeat, i think we doesn't cames here in 1973, i am sure that he cames here in 1975...

i think the drugs muddle his memory....lol

gazza, are you sure that he didn't the november sessions
(1�), i thought was january sessions(2�)

ronnie saids he was "sick", is true???

October 27th, 2004 09:28 PM
Soldatti Taylor plays on all the IORR songs, except maybe on the title track.
October 27th, 2004 09:38 PM
Gazza >gazza, are you sure that he didn't the november sessions
(1�), i thought was january sessions(2�)
ronnie saids he was "sick", is true???

Dont know the proper reason but thats the official story. And yeah, it was definitely the November 1973 session that Taylor missed. not the January one.

The bulk of the released songs come from the second session - with overdubs added later in some cases.