ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why I was gone.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 21st, 2004 02:44 AM
Sir Stonesalot Lightning strikes twice sometimes. Although I have a hunch this was the same bolt.

One of you, a regular or lurker, matters not which, called my home and scared the shit out of my wife. This is not the first time...it happened a few years back at gasx3.

Now, this dumbass...I don't know any better way to put it than dumbass...thought they could cause friction between my wife and I by tipping her off to some threads here. They said I was having an affair. Said all kinds of stupid stuff.

Thing of it is, it didn't work. See, my wife and I actually communicate like adults. I may portray myself as the henpecked husband....but that is just a running gag...like Henny Youngman or Rodney Dangerfield. She knows that.

I cyber flirt with some of the RO ladies here. But that is all it would ever be...words on a message board...and my wife knows that too. She trusts me...and I've never given her any reason to doubt me or my vows to her. And I never will. I am a faithful husband, and always will be.

I have a pretty good idea who did this. I can't prove it, but I have a hunch. I'm pretty sure it was the same person who did it before. Don't bother asking me because unlike our President, I will not attack without hard evidence.

See, this is the problem with some weakminded people. They can't seperate cyberspace from reality. I'll tell you all, right now, don't believe everything you read. A very small part of me is in Sir Stonesalot. The rest is all a bunch of hooey. I post utter made up crap all the time....I invent stuff to evoke different reactions from you. What's real and what isn't? I'm not telling, but it's all part of my role as Sir Stonesalot. Even those of you who have met me....you met Sir Stonesalot. It's a fuckin' act. I'm role playing...acting...and I'm pretty fuckin' good at it. Good enough that most all of you believe stuff that I have posted that is pure fiction. And that is exactly the way I want it. Why? Because I can.

Sir Stonesalot provides me with the opportunity to be something I'm not...say things I never would say in real life. Unfortunately, there are fools out there who take all this shit very seriously. So serious that they decided that they had to try to disrupt my life in a very real way. Why? Some simple minded dolt decided that Sir Stonesalot had to be stopped. Stopped doing what? Entertaining people on an internet message board? And that is exactly what I look at as my role as Sir Stonesalot...entertaining. Remember, I'm acting. As an actor, my primary goal is to entertain and evoke reaction. I often take positions opposite my personal opinion for the sake of discussion and debate. I do these things to stir the pot. It's a big game to me.

Now, if you don't care for my brand of entertainment, and obviously some of you don't, that's fine. Feel free to ignore me, flame me, whatever. I really don't give a shit what you do here at the board. Key words in that sentence....at the board.

This little admission of mine may change the way you look at Sir Stonesalot. Fair enough. Some of you may even think I'm outta my tree for putting so much time and effort into developing an internet character. Well, I don't really care what you think. I have fun with it, what the fuck is it to you?

I took some time off from the board to do a couple of things.

I have a new phone number, and a new cell number. None of you will ever have it. The local police helped me get it. It has call tracing on it. I press a code, the callers info, even if it is marked private, will be forwarded to my pals at the local PD. So if you have any ideas of calling me again, be aware that you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

My wife and I have both changed our email addresses. I will no longer trade music here, or participate in any trees. Anyone who wishes to communicate with me off board can send me a PM. This human shit stain just cost all of you access to my music collection. You may thank him/her however you see fit.

I have a new security system at my house. I don't really have the money for it, but my families safety is worth putting off my Corvette a year or two.

I bought a Colt .45 auto. I'm pretty good with one of those. I recently shot 48 out of 50 on the police qualification course. I would not suggest visiting my house uninvited.

So, to the shit stain responsible for all this, congratulations on scaring the shit out of my wife. That is all you accomplished. Does that make your little needledick hard? It takes a real big person to attack from the shadows and involve innocent people. You know, I have real pity for you. How sad that you have to stoop to something so low over words posted on an internet message board. You must lead a very sad and lonely existence.

Some people here have made a joke about how serious I am. Now, after my admission, maybe you all understand how big a joke that really was. There is literally almost nothing serious about Sir Stonesalot. Well, on this point, I am deadly serious. This is no joke. I can, and will, protect my family and property. I don't think you want to find out exactly how serious I can be about that.

Aside from the above, there is one other thing I will never bullshit you about. Music. Everything else is a crap shoot.

Now, on with the show.
October 21st, 2004 03:24 AM
gypsy SS, thank you for explaining your absence. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I cannot believe someone did that to your wife. That pisses me off. Whomever it was should be embarrassed, ashamed, and scared.
Nobody on this board--that I am friends with--has even THOUGHT of RO as a place to "hook up" for an affair. I've made such great friends on this board--male and female. I know you have too, SS. So that sucks that you would have to back off because someone thinks you're too flirtateous. It's a fucking message board, not some singles board; and if anyone thinks otherwise, then they just don't GET it. Hell, we all flirt...it's human nature. Would any of us act on it when we meet for the RO gathering next year? NO! That's when we are ourselves...not our message board personas.
Whomever called SS's house--you are a TWAT, and you make Bono look cool.

[Edited by gypsy]
October 21st, 2004 03:41 AM
Jumacfly incredible story SS...hope you re ok, and a big fuck off to the cretino who did that...
people here that loves music miss you
October 21st, 2004 04:03 AM
IanBillen
Wow,
I can't believe the measures taken there. Was your wife and or you actually physically threatened or was it just all BS about you cheating?
Reguardless that person really needs to get a life.
Glad to see your back.
Ian
October 21st, 2004 04:03 AM
marko So whos tha bastard?Outta this board!
Well,the guy who i met at Philly airport aug.the 1st 2001,
was you,not sir stonesalot.And will do that again.
October 21st, 2004 04:18 AM
Jacques Hi SS
as Ju I think it's an unbelievable story.It's not stupid, it's nasty.
We had a such event in my company a few months ago, it was dodgy.
SS please don't use your gun.
We miss you
October 21st, 2004 04:38 AM
FotiniD Welcome back Sir Stonesalot! The world is a really messed up place, and I can't get my head to understand how would a person do something like that.. Really sick and twisted.

And saying you were having an affair on a message board? Jeeeez!
October 21st, 2004 04:49 AM
Gazza Great to see you back,mate!

Thanks for taking the time to mail me a few weeks ago about what had happened and I'm delighted you were able to sort things out.

To the lowlife bastard who tried to fuck your life up - I hope you rot in hell you worthless piece of shit. It still amazes me to think that there are people out there capable of doing that to people they dont even know in real life.
October 21st, 2004 04:57 AM
parmeda For crying out, miserable loud.
I just came in from work, trying to unwind, and I pop in and read this horrific story...

SS, I am so sorry that you and your family had to endure this type of cowardly shit. It makes me sick. Now, that you've explained your situation, I can understand your absence, and I can understand your actions that you've had to take because of it...and I don't blame you one damn bit.

I am furious FOR you! And what makes me even crazier is that beyond this message board...a place that most of us refer to as our 'playground'...I have had dealings with you in the past. You are, and you have always been, a complete gentleman. Period! How dare somebody fling this shit in your direction. I truly hope that you find out who it might be and that you follow through with your intentions. I can think of a few dozen people that would gladly hold the fucker down for you while you 'have at it'.

Put me on the record for calling dibs on the asshole's tongue...

This isn't funny. Even if it were meant to be a joke. There are some lines that you just don't cross. Whomever "you" are, if you had a dispute with SS, for whatever reason, you've crossed yourself into an area of no return...and one day, when you least expect it, it will come right back at you 10 ways to Sunday. You must be so proud of yourself, huh?

SS...you will always be a dear friend to me. You've never given me any reason to think otherwise. And if you feel like pullin' my chain at any given moment...you go ahead and yank! I can take your jokes...

I'm glad to see you're back.
You were missed.
Make me laugh.
October 21st, 2004 06:04 AM
Zack Holy shit, man. This should reinforce to all of us the divide between cyberspace and reality is not as big as we might think. I've always freely given out my addy and don't even use a handle. I've not understood why some people are reluctant to give out their address to trade. Now I do.
October 21st, 2004 06:23 AM
L&A Glad to see you back, SS ! We missed you.
Keep rocking
October 21st, 2004 06:49 AM
LadyJane This is most distubing and a major WAKE UP call for me. I feel very, very naive. Here I am posting pics of myself, freely admitting my vices, giving out details of my trips..

We DO forget, or at least I have, that ANYONE with an Internet connection can access this Board.

LJ is my screen persona. She and I have a lot of similarities but it is just that. A screen persona. I come here to get away from the major, major stresses in my life. I like to let my hair down, joke around and flirt a little. I think I conduct myself in a ladylike behavior, but realize now that everything is open for interpretation.

SS...I am so sorry for you and your wife. The spouses didn't sign up for this. You deserve better.

Whomever is responsible,,,you are a very sick and cowardly individual. You have crossed a line....and if your identity is ever revealed I trust you will be banned FOR LIFE from RO, and hope SS can take legal action against you. I also know that most of us ARE a family and families stick together, especially when things get ugly.

Part of me is very, very mad. A bigger part of me is very, very sad!

SS..you have a PM.

LJ.
October 21st, 2004 07:10 AM
Gazza >and if your identity is ever revealed I trust you will be banned FOR LIFE from RO,

for life - if not longer...!
October 21st, 2004 07:32 AM
nankerphelge Stoney, I am really sorry to hear this.
I remember the crap the first time it happened.

Great to hear though that you and your wife are able to understand each other about what RO is all about.

I hope you do get hard evidence on who it is, and if I can be of ANY assisstance in that regard, please let me know. I know you's a big boy and know the police there -- but as they say on the late-night commercials:

IF YOU HAVE A PHONE, YOU HAVE A SLIGHTLY DEMENTED DEVIL-HEADED LAWYER.

The power of the subpoena is not to be doubted.
You can reach out and touch someone!!

October 21st, 2004 07:43 AM
Factory Girl Stonesy, I'm so glad you're back!!! I'm very sorry you and the family have to go through this ordeal again!!

Your friend,

FG!
October 21st, 2004 08:13 AM
Nellcote Hey Buddy;

You've got all of our support. You've been a great friend of Rocks Off, we should find a way of keeping that alive. Stay on with the board, you are well thought of.
October 21st, 2004 08:22 AM
mac_daddy jesus, ss. that is horrible...

i am glad that all is straightened out, but the whole situation still blows...

take care, and shoot me a pm if you want to trade with someone you know...
October 21st, 2004 08:32 AM
beer That's downright creepy. This person should be fuckin outed on all Stones boards. this goes way beyond anything i thought could happen here.
I wondered why ya weren't around much anymore, geez, now i understand.
Hang in there SS.
October 21st, 2004 08:42 AM
Jumacfly and this person should be forced to hear the whole Justin Timberlake record with the "repeat" and "shuffle" buttons ok...
hang on SS
October 21st, 2004 09:22 AM
J.J.Flash "See, this is the problem with some weakminded people. They can't seperate cyberspace from reality. I'll tell you all, right now, don't believe everything you read. A very small part of me is in Sir Stonesalot. The rest is all a bunch of hooey. I post utter made up crap all the time....I invent stuff to evoke different reactions from you. What's real and what isn't? I'm not telling, but it's all part of my role as Sir Stonesalot. Even those of you who have met me....you met Sir Stonesalot. It's a fuckin' act. I'm role playing...acting...and I'm pretty fuckin' good at it. Good enough that most all of you believe stuff that I have posted that is pure fiction. And that is exactly the way I want it. Why? Because I can."

Oh Stonesy, like Alice Cooper? Sorry, just joking. I am really glad you are back. I would like to let you know that I really love reading your posts, the way you explain things and everything from you about music, this passion that runs through your veins. I really appreciate the way you stand your ideas.

Even after reading this explanation about your role, I believe many of your points came from your heart. As I said, your passion for the music. Unfortunately, we still haven't talked to each other as much as I would like. Once I even had told you that I thought you were ignoring me, and then you imediately cleared up things and told I was wrong.

A role or a real personna, make yourself sure that I don't think of RO Message Board without your points and comments SS. Keep that in mind my brother.

About the mess he/she made in your personal life (messing with your wife), I am really sorry to hear that. Glad you and the local cops took care of everything.

Take care my brother.
October 21st, 2004 12:51 PM
56DeSoto Man, that's creepy. I haven't been super active around the board here, but I want to join in in welcoming you back and hoping that that asshole gets their head dipped in a big steaming vat of Britney Spears music until their ears bleed.
October 21st, 2004 01:15 PM
Lazy Bones Can't say I'm surprised, SS. This world is full of messed up people that many times prefer to mess other people up before seeking desparately-needed treatment for themselves.

Unfortunately, you were a victim of such scum.

My property was 'violated/vandalized' in the middle of the night a few months back. I remember waking up instantly and thinking that if the poor bastard was in the house, he'd wish he wasn't! It's that adrenaline I can empathize with!

October 21st, 2004 01:19 PM
not bound to please Wow. I just checked in to see if Joey exploded due to lack of uncaking.

You are doing the right thing SS. I could never understand why people post pics and email addresses, let alone personal info. I also post far too much personal info for my own good - but I also post bs to make potential harassment more difficult. A good idea for everyone. I've been stalked in the real world - it isn't easy to deal with.

I wouldn't go so far to stop trading, but can understand you needing to take a break. Obviously this is just a lone sicko.

When I first had this guy contacting me, I told a friend I wasn't going to be open with people anymore - and she said not to change myself because of one person. Still - not fun to have someone show up and have to dodge them and be unnerved when you're trying to do your job and have a good time. I actually - after much struggle - decided to out the guy - and found that he has a history of this behaviour - so in a way I was very relieved.

I'm not sure if outing the person who did this to you and your wife is a good idea or not (even though I'm dying to know who it is!). You are dealing with a loose cannon. The stress of that and all the potential things that can happen can really affect you. I wonder if they get off on that power. Whatever the case - they are pathetic.

That said - as someone who knows and met "SS" in the "real" world before he ever posted - he is not his board persona. We all slip in and out of character. Plus he really is an actor.

October 21st, 2004 01:35 PM
gypsy Wait. So you're not really a puppet who can type?
What the fuck?!
October 21st, 2004 01:44 PM
BILL PERKS ONLY MY CYBER ID HATES JEWISH LAWYERS..
October 21st, 2004 01:47 PM
Joey " Wow. I just checked in to see if Joey exploded due to lack of uncaking. "

<--------- Lambchop ................................

Easy little fella -- I will handle this one .

Lambchop .....................................

Where in the Hell have you been these past few weeks ?!?! Do you have any idea how many Steak Dinners / Prime Rib Dinners / Rib Platters / Chateau Briand meals I have digested in the last few days alone ?!?! ... DO YOU ?!?!

Lambchop , when I get a hold of that little Avatar of yours it ain't gonna see Daylight for Months .

Now " GET OVER HERE " !!!! I said , " git " ..... " GIT !! Damnit !!!! "

*********** Lambchop now on haunches and has that " Deer - in - the - Headlights Look " ***************

" GIT !!!!!!!! " NOW !!!!!!!!! "

*********** Lamby now takes off running down 54th street whilst Joey is in hot pursuit ***************

******** Lamby runs past " Faces and Names Lounge " between 6th and 7th Avenue but ignores the patronage as she constantly looks behind her to see just how close Joey really is ......... ******************

*********** Joey catches up to Lamby on 8th Street , grabs her pathetic little Avatar , strips off all his clothes right in front of the gathering crowd and begins to fecal swab himself into a frothy , frenetic frenzy *************

Swabby !

October 21st, 2004 01:49 PM
Mikey SS -

We traded sometime back (the Willie Nelson show) and you are a true gentleman.

Glad to see you took action and hope you can put this behind you.
October 21st, 2004 01:51 PM
not bound to please
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Wait. So you're not really a puppet who can type?
What the fuck?!

That I really am...

October 21st, 2004 01:56 PM
exilestones@netscape Gald to see you're back. I can't imagine how this would start. You obvously know who it is. There must have been some dissagreement for everything rise to such a bitter level. WARN US!

You got a gun in case you need to shoot a jelly fish?

By writting your story you gave your enemy great satisfaction. Don't feed their ego. And tell us who it is.

Wish you the best!
October 21st, 2004 02:12 PM
gypsy By sharing his story, it serves to let us all know that we can't be as free and loose as we want...because there is some spineless idiot out there, just waiting to fuck up our personal lives.
I hope the idiot who did it has read this thread, and therefore, knows that he/she is not wanted here. Plus, it sounds as though SS knows who it is, and that will hopefully scare the jackass away.
Page: 1 2 3