ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ALFIE SOUNDTRACK Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 19th, 2004 06:49 PM
Madafaka Did someone buy today ALFIE'S soundtrack?
I'll be waiting for your commentaries!
October 19th, 2004 06:50 PM
Gazza It came out here yesterday. Ive ordered it, should be here tomorrow or so
October 19th, 2004 07:20 PM
BILL PERKS I BOUGHT IT AND ENJOYED IT..IF YA DONT LIKE OLD HABITS DIE HARD,DONT GET THE CD..ONLY 3 NEW SONGS BY JAGGER/STEWART PLUS A FEW INTERESTING INSTRUMENTALS.BLIND LEADING THE BLIND IS GOOD.THE JOSS STONE /JAGGER DUET IS VERY GOOD.SHE IS AN INCREDIBLE SINGER ..THIS IS A SOUNDTRACK AND IS WRITTEN TO FIT MOODS OF THE FILM..IF JAGGER DOES ANOTHER SOLO RECORD HE SHOULD DO IT ALL WITH STEWART.I THOUGHT MICK'S VOCALS WERE VERY GOOD.FIRE AWAY...
October 19th, 2004 07:22 PM
stewed & Keefed Thanks Bill
October 19th, 2004 09:06 PM
parmeda This was in an entertainment article in today's paper in Chicago. It might have been posted elsewhere, in another thread. I'm just too lazy to read through them all to check, lol.

FIRST YOU RIP ON HIS MOVIE, THEN YOU KISS HIS GIRLFRIEND?

October 19, 2004
Chicago SunTimes - SCURRILOUS Entertainment

Mick Jagger produced the soundtrack for the new Jude Law remake of the classic Michael Caine movie "Alfie". But Mick doesn't seem too pleased with it. The Daily Mirror quotes him telling somebody, "The music in the film is crap, I can't believe what they used."

This was at the after-party at the British premiere.

Also at the party, Jude Law's girlfriend Sienna Miller couldn't seem to keep her lips off of the old rock star.
October 19th, 2004 09:19 PM
souldoggie It's just amazing to me that after all these years...
That guy, Jagger, he's still at it. Writing and performing great songs.
The Stones should be so lucky to have a ballad on their new album that is as beautuful as the Alfie lead track. Time will tell.

Those born after the Some Girls LP was released are respectfully asked not to respond unless you agree with me. All others, have at it.
October 19th, 2004 10:10 PM
Soldatti I can't wait to buy the album, maybe is crap but looks good for me.
October 20th, 2004 01:52 AM
CHIEFMOON Got it, put it in the player at the store dug it all the way home on the bus.

Blind Leading the Blind is wonderful.
October 20th, 2004 06:47 AM
peterdv i too heard the cd 2 days ago at my friends place (haven't bought it myself but i will) and was very pleased with it too, i like it ..never tought i was gonna say this, but this one is a must have for Jagger fans , Old Habits, nice one..too bad the due with S Crow is not on the disc (well not the one my friend got ..) maybe on a single or whatever extra will come out of this soundtrack...would be nice to have ..so if anyone sees this and is willing to buy an extra ..don't stop (but please Europeans only )

cheers
Peter
October 20th, 2004 07:42 AM
BILL PERKS [quote]peterdv wrote:
i too heard the cd 2 days ago at my friends place (haven't bought it myself but i will) and was very pleased with it too, i like it ..never tought i was gonna say this, but this one is a must have for Jagger fans , Old Habits, nice one..too bad the due with S Crow is not on the disc (well not the one my friend got ..) maybe on a single or whatever extra will come out of this soundtrack...would be nice to have ..so if anyone sees this and is willing to buy an extra ..don't stop (but please Europeans only )

cheers
Peter
the duet with crow sounds as if crows vocals were done by phone,tacked on.you really arent missing anything.
October 20th, 2004 08:07 AM
montana hey peter, your friend is not the only one missing the duet with sheryl...i bought the cd yesterday and mine doesnt have it either...sux... when i arrived home and checked the uk and us release and saw it was on them...i was so pissed off.

I thought it was only the spanish release but as i read now then it's an european release...dunno why they did that!!

and i have seen the tracklist of the single and crow's version isnt on it. But there's a second version of the single, no tracklist on amazon yet... there's still a chance

lour
October 20th, 2004 12:45 PM
KeepRigid Mick plays some good harp on New York Hustle, and his vocals on Jack the Lad remind me of Heartbreaker on the `73 tour. More down to earth experimentation like this would've helped Goddess.

The studio version of Blind Leading the Blind is much better than the 'live' version. Mick's vocals aren't quite as 'shrill' with the instruments backing them. I also expect him to start singing 'little Indian Girl' at the start of the live version.

Let's Make It Up starts off with Mick's vocals sounding exactly like they did in Don't Call Me Up. After you get past that, I could see this one being on a Keith solo album- something about that cool Hammond vibe and simplistic chorus.

Overall, it's closer to Wandering Spirit than Goddess.
October 20th, 2004 12:48 PM
glencar I've ordered it & look forward to playing it over & over & over this weekend.
October 20th, 2004 01:39 PM
montana
quote:
Let's Make It Up starts off with Mick's vocals sounding exactly like they did in Don't Call Me Up.

I noticed that too! also Oh Nikky reminds me to Not fade away
October 20th, 2004 07:24 PM
Soldatti All the reviews are good, can't wait for get a copy of the damm thing.
October 20th, 2004 10:14 PM
Madafaka Yes, all the reviews seem to indicate that the disc is good. Another thing says the reviews in Amazon, because of it I preferred the opinion of you
October 20th, 2004 10:32 PM
Soldatti Yeah, the reviews in Amazon not are very good but they are all hard rockers. If you look Zeppelin reviews they are gods, no one bad record and song...
October 21st, 2004 01:12 PM
Monkey Woman "Alfie" soundtrack review from Rollingstone.com:

The 1966 movie Alfie boasted Burt Bacharach and Sonny Rollins, a songwriting and a tenor-sax god, respectively. So it figured that Alfie's new producers either would commission something special for their 2004 remake or look foolish. On this collection of songs and scores written and produced by Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart, nobody looks foolish. Their idea is that where Alfie originally played around with jazz in the background, now is the time for freshly minted Swinging London soul. Beautiful originals such as "Old Habits Die Hard" and "Let's Make It Up" soar, and Jagger sings them with a great tomcat tenacity. The Delta-voiced English teenager Joss Stone does the best work of her career to date here on "Wicked Time," a kinetic nod to hip-hop, and duetting with Jagger on the Mayfair/Muscle Shoals stunner "Lonely Without You (This Christmas)"; Stone's bluesy version of Bacharach's title standard climaxes the soundtrack. The Jagger-Stewart instrumentals, notably "Counting the Days," power along as commandingly as the songs. This is how to make a soundtrack.

JAMES HUNTER
(Posted Nov 11, 2004

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/_/id/6570213?rssfeed=cdreviews&rnd=1098378571582&has-player=true&version=6.0.11.847
October 21st, 2004 06:33 PM
Bob Tamp I really dig Blind Leading the Blind ( live acoustic version) alot. It's got a certain rawness to it that is really appealing.
October 21st, 2004 10:42 PM
Soldatti Another kiss ass' review of Rolling Stone...
October 22nd, 2004 10:03 PM
MP the duet with Cheryl is #15
October 23rd, 2004 12:32 AM
Bob Tamp # 15 on what chart?
October 23rd, 2004 05:14 AM
hotlicks I saw the film 'Alfie' last night, which was quite a good film. However, there were songs that were on the soundtrack which weren't on the official cd of the soundtrack. Can anyone help me as to what the songs were, as some of them were fucking amazing. The jagger stuff is pretty god as well, sounds back on track compared to the last solo stuff.
October 23rd, 2004 02:15 PM
gotdablouse "New York Hustle" is a really good grove and I wonder if that mean open tune guitar riff in the left channel at 1'27" is not our man Mick himself !
October 23rd, 2004 10:30 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
# 15 on what chart?

It's the song #15 on the CD.
October 24th, 2004 09:53 AM
JaggerLips Not bought it yet, will do I love Old Habits Die Hard.

Can't wait for the real Stones stuff though, wonder what Keith has come up with? Hopefully he has decided to lay off the slow songs, we want fast rocking anthems Keith don't do what Rod Stewart's been doing lately!
October 24th, 2004 07:11 PM
Madafaka Will this cd be edited in Argentina? I know that the movie will have the premiere on November 25 here.
October 24th, 2004 07:18 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Will this cd be edited in Argentina? I know that the movie will have the premiere on November 25 here.

No news still...
October 25th, 2004 08:17 PM
EQUI If someone as an FTP, I can upload the album... just tell me!!!
October 25th, 2004 10:06 PM
Soldatti
quote:
EQUI wrote:
If someone as an FTP, I can upload the album... just tell me!!!

Please can you send some songs here:
[email protected]

At least I want the three originals from Mick, I don't know if the album will be released here.
Page: 1 2