ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: fiji revolution (nsc) Return to archive
11-01-02 09:22 AM
stonedinaustralia hey feej what was it like when that guy named george overthrew the rambuka governemnt for awhile

he lived in australia for a time, as i'm sure you're aware

it must have been interesting times - which side where you on?

he was tried for treason and found guilty wasn't he... what's he doing now...selling real estate in the phillipines??

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
11-01-02 09:35 AM
Fiji Joe Rumor has it he now lives in Kansas and spends his days typing insipid posts on various message boards and smoking fatties...But that's just a rumor
11-01-02 09:42 AM
stonedinaustralia i can't wait for your next signature avatar - they're good -i can't decide which is more distasteful art or that kid in the bottle

what do you think?
11-01-02 09:49 AM
Fiji Joe Oh, you are referring to Rickles -- the Pickled Punk...He will be back I assure you..for now, however, Art has the stage
11-01-02 09:51 AM
stonedinaustralia is rickles from fiji too?

11-01-02 09:57 AM
Fiji Joe No Rickles is French...he's very rude, smokes his cigarettes like a sissy, and only appears in black and white...
11-01-02 10:00 AM
stonedinaustralia No wonder they put him in a jar.
11-01-02 10:07 AM
Maxlugar I'm a big fan of that little guy.

Is it a real partially aborted fetus?

He looks pretty upset by it.

11-01-02 10:08 AM
jb Stonesaustralia...are you guys excited knowing the Stones chose to start off the European leg of the tour in your nation?
11-01-02 10:10 AM
Fiji Joe Excited? I'm guessing he's somewhat confused. Considering Australia is not in Europe. Castouts, the whole lot of them.
11-01-02 10:19 AM
stonedinaustralia jb, i just wish they'd announce the dates so i can have something to work with...i'm trying to save the excitement for the show

feej, we're not all cast offs (don't believe the hype!)

what about you are you from the natives or one of the imported workers

11-01-02 10:23 AM
jb When was the last time they played Australia? Perth 73 is considered one of their best performances.
11-01-02 10:39 AM
stonedinaustralia perth '95 from memory

it seems that perth show '73 is considered among their greatest but just about everything they touched back then turned into gold

11-01-02 11:02 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

it seems that perth show '73 is considered among their greatest but just about everything they touched back then turned into gold

True, but Perth '73 has a unique vibe quite unlike America '72 or Europe '73, at least the shows I've heard therefrom. Perth is just so WILD sounding - it's almost like the '73 band playing a show from '78 or something. And I would LOVE for somebody to send me a Rolling Stones show where Keith Richards plays better guitar.

11-01-02 11:12 AM
Maxlugar Plus ping pong balls.

Ya gotta have ping pong balls.

11-01-02 11:13 AM
stonedinaustralia i'll have to get a copy of that so i can hear all of it (esp. TD which i haven't heard - i presume it's there)

from what i have heard of it and some of sydney '73 you're right nasty - they sound really realxed - just getting off on the show - not that "pressure" that they'd possibly feel on the more familiar turf of the u.s. or europe -

they came here as gods - on the crest of a magnificent wave the likes of which would never be seen again - there's a great i/view with k upon arrival here in '73 - as you may recall there was a bit of a hassle as to whether or not they'd let him into the country - in the i/view he's at his spaced out best playing it all down "we just musicians ... not revolutionaries"... in away it was so true in another way he was being a bit ingenuous -and everybody knew it - vintage stuff!!