ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Need help with English Return to archive
10-31-02 10:52 AM
Mathijs A Stones boot from Norfolk 1972 is called "Grass Widow", does any of you natice English speakers tell me what this means? As far as I know "grass communication" means snitching, but grass widow??

Mathijs
10-31-02 10:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot It's the window that you use to give your pot plants sunlight. Sort of like a "window garden". People in the city have these have these things called a "window box" that they grow things in, since they don't have a yard in which to plant things.
10-31-02 11:10 AM
Mathijs but that would be a grass window, and not a grass widow...?

Mathijs
10-31-02 11:25 AM
Sir Stonesalot I see my attempt at wordplay humor went out the grass window.

OK, seriously, here's the real deal. A grass widow is a cow.

Stay with me on this.

Here in the States we have the "football widow", the "hunting widow", the "drinking widow"...a woman who does not get to see her man much because of some sports season or whatever. During a Stones tour, my wife would be a "Stones widow".

Now cows spend lots of time eating grass. So when the cow is without her bull, it is a "grass widow", because the bull is off eating grass all the time.

OK, that's all bullshit(ba-rump-bump).

I think it's a typo. I've never heard of the saying "grass widow".
10-31-02 11:27 AM
Moonisup grass ain't that a different word for weed?
smoking some grass?
10-31-02 11:32 AM
RubyFriday When the husband is somewhere over the weekend or alone in holidays or elsewhere,then she is a grass widow.
10-31-02 11:32 AM
sirmoonie Steve McQueen's wife is a grass widow.
10-31-02 01:53 PM
Mathijs I worked for the Shell company in Israel and West-Africa for two years, and I had to keep filling in "grass widow" forms in order to get salary -so the explanation of "when somebody's off to work" sounds reasanable to me!

Mathijs
10-31-02 01:54 PM
steel driving hammer Hey Matjis just saw your site and I like it.

Thanks for the Open G stuff btw. It Means Alot.
10-31-02 02:50 PM
Jaxx are you sure it isn't a chick whose guy is so stoned he can't get it up?