ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: She Was Hot Return to archive
10-30-02 01:58 PM
Stones Does anyone know what version of the She Was hot song contains the extra lyrics that are heard in the video ? When Mick is on the bed he says -

There goes the telephone
Suddenly I feel alone ?
There's a warm voice on the line

Is this on the 7 " ?

I have never heard it on any of the cassettes or CD releases
10-30-02 02:24 PM
luxury1 Who the hell knows. But I sure do love that song and video.
10-30-02 02:25 PM
luxury1 Who the hell knows. But I sure do love that song and video.
10-30-02 02:46 PM
nankerphelge Now we know where the twins got it!

Oops here comes the bus
10-30-02 02:46 PM
nankerphelge Now we know where the twins got it!

Oops here comes the bus
10-30-02 02:50 PM
luxury1 Yeah?--so why were you the goon driving that bus?
10-30-02 02:55 PM
nankerphelge Ha - shows what you know -- where I came from, there were so many big heads they needed the full size bus! We short bus riders were the normal ones.

At least that's what my parents used to tell me.
10-30-02 02:59 PM
luxury1 didn't you recently report on that big ole melon head 'o yours?? Something about it getting stuck in a wall of sheetrock??
10-30-02 03:04 PM
nankerphelge That's why I am supposed to wear the helmet all the time...
10-30-02 03:11 PM
steel driving hammer The extra lyrics are on the video and on a boot simply called Chainsaw.

Oh no, don't saw off my leg, don't saw off my arm!

Great song btw.

Prolly the last of the great Boogie Stu.
10-30-02 03:26 PM
Maxlugar That rubber guitar Ronnie used sure had a nice sound on the solo.

He should use that one on CYHMK.

Uh huh!
10-30-02 03:50 PM
Stones Thanks Steel Driving Hammer. Does that boot have any finished songs on it, or is it all jams? I have seen it on ebay but don't want to buy it unless it has more than just jams.
10-30-02 04:05 PM
steel driving hammer The sound quality on Chainsaw is pretty good.
There's an 9 min version of She Was Hot and a great Too Tough and Must Be Hell.

Chainsaw - Undercover Outtakes Vol. II

1 CD RR 012

Contains 12 Undercover outtakes. Same tracks as on the rare bootleg LP Chainsaw Massacre (OBR 458 029) but without crackles plus Undercover Of The Night and She Was Hot and the instrumental track Golden Caddy (a.k.a. Brown Leaves) from The Pain Of Love (VGP 056). Exc. stereo soundboard quality.

http://www.iorr.org/cd/cd-02.htm#P985_41758

More if you have time,

http://www.iorr.org/cd/frame.htm

STONES.

10-30-02 04:16 PM
Mathijs It was reported that the version with the extra verse was released officially on the cassette version of Undercover. However, I have never seen or heard this cassette.

Mathijs
10-30-02 04:20 PM
Stones Thanks for the information
10-30-02 09:23 PM
BILL PERKS I PLAYED THE CASSETTE TO DEATH FOR 2 YEARS,NO VIDEO LYRICS ON MY TAPE.GRET LYRICS ON THE WHOLE RECORD,I WISH MICK WOULD MAKE THAT KIND OF EFFORT AGAIN
10-31-02 06:45 PM
stonesmik
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
It was reported that the version with the extra verse was released officially on the cassette version of Undercover. However, I have never seen or heard this cassette.

Mathijs

This is definitely not the case. The cassette has the same version of "She was hot" as the LP and the CD. But the cassette sports the longer version of "Wanna hold you" (1 verse more) which is also on the CD but not on the original LP.

The "She was hot" extra verse was only released in the video version.
11-01-02 04:28 AM
Mathijs Thanks for the info, I can stop my search for this cassette now!!

Mathijs
11-01-02 11:40 AM
KeepRigid
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
That rubber guitar Ronnie used sure had a nice sound on the solo.

Manny's Music once had a photo of that scene (with the guitar neck bending out of shape)...Ronnie had signed it, "I'll never fall for another one of these!"