ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ladies and gentleman question Return to archive
10-29-02 07:10 PM
sonicrock does anybody knows a bootleg with that soundtrack thanks everybody vinyl or cd don t care sonicrock
10-29-02 07:38 PM
SirMuddy Maybe you should go there...
and get what you'll need

ftp://boots:[email protected]/

Love is strong!
10-30-02 10:47 AM
jb SirMuddy, that was awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!
10-30-02 02:33 PM
sonicrock yeah thanks but that was my point is there a name for that bootleg??? other than ladies and gentleman but really really thanks anyway
10-30-02 02:36 PM
jb I thought it was either "Ft. Worth Express" and/or "A few hearts broken, a few strings busted"..
10-30-02 04:45 PM
sonicrock thanks jb
10-30-02 04:56 PM
SirMuddy Hi... Thanks for the thanks!
But this is not my sharing
I just link you
I don't know who's running Porterdavis...
Is it StonesDoug?
To find who's running it, maybe we should try there
[email protected]

BTW... it's not "Fort Worth Express" (Poor SNB) or "a few hearts broken" (Aud)...
The Sound is far better!
It's just the f/$%?ing best Ladies and gentlemen soundtrack available...
Maybe it's from "You can't do that" (VGP 034) ?
10-30-02 05:11 PM
justinkurian What's the date of this show? And where was it recorded? A big thanks in advance...
10-30-02 05:49 PM
fmk438j
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
What's the date of this show? And where was it recorded? A big thanks in advance...

It's from Huoston (25.6.72) and the 1st and 2nd shows at Fortworth (24.6.72).

This from zentgraf:

- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR) - Houston 25.6.72, 2nd show
- Bitch (MJ/KR) -Fort Worth 24.6.72, 2nd show
- Gimme Shelter (MJ/KR) - Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st show
- Dead Flowers (MJ/KR) - Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st show
- Happy (MJ/KR) - Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st show
- Tumbling Dice (MJ/KR) -Houston 25.6.72, 1st show
- Love In Vain (Robert Johnson) -Houston 25.6.72, 1st show
- Sweet Virginia (MJ/KR) -Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st show
- You Can�t Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) -Houston 25.6.72, 1st show
- All Down The Line (MJ/KR) - Houston 25.6.72, 2nd show
- Midnight Rambler (MJ/KR) - Houston 25.6.72, 2nd show
- Band introduction -Fort Worth 24.6.72, 2nd show
- Bye Bye Johnny (Chuck Berry) -Houston 25.6.72, 1st show
- Rip This Joint (MJ/KR) -Fort Worth 24.6.72, 2nd show
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -Houston 25.6.72, 1st show
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR) - Houston 25.6.72, 2nd show

[Edited by fmk438j]
10-30-02 06:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have a abso killa-dilla version of the L&G soundtrack. It came straight of the movie reels...you can hear the projectionist's beeps. WAY better than anything that has been released previously. I hear VGP released it as well, but I don't remember what they called it.

Anyhow, that is the version you want to get.
10-30-02 06:48 PM
2000 Man
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I have a abso killa-dilla version of the L&G soundtrack. It came straight of the movie reels...you can hear the projectionist's beeps. WAY better than anything that has been released previously. I hear VGP released it as well, but I don't remember what they called it.

Anyhow, that is the version you want to get.

A dude named crepuscule tree'd it last summer at RSboots. It has been mistakenly labeled "Houston 72," which is why a lot of die hards ignored the tree. It really truned out to be a revelation as it's transferred from original movie reels to DAT and then to CDR. No editing was done, so there's beeps and occasional gaps between reels. As far as titles go, Vinyl Gang released one called "You Can't Do That Baby" (VGP-314), and they edited out some of the beeps and spaces, but the tree'd version sounds identical, so they didn't do anything there. We just call it the Ladies and Gents soundtrack, cuz that's what it is. Nico's cities and dates are correct.

It's definitely the best sounding document of the 72 tour, and in my book, it's as good as rock and roll gets.
10-30-02 09:06 PM
fmk438j Someone should dub the soundtrack from the reel source onto a video tape of the movie. Wouldn't be all that hard to do, although I guess with some of the gaps that exist on the cdr that might make syncing it up a bit tedious.

I've been told the movie was also released here (australia) in the mid eighties and distributed to video shops for hire (not general sale). I got my copy straight from one of these, and I can't see there being a better quality source than that floating around.

10-30-02 09:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Funny that you should mention that fmk....FPM C10 & I are planning on doing just that, and mastering it onto DVD.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.
10-30-02 09:46 PM
fmk438j
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Funny that you should mention that fmk....FPM C10 & I are planning on doing just that, and mastering it onto DVD.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Yeah cool. I think that would really be worth doing and enhance the whole thing.

Are there any special tricks to syncing audio to images? Or would it be as laboursome as I imagine?
[Edited by fmk438j]
10-30-02 10:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, it's pretty labor intensive. The audio and video on seperate source mediums run at different speeds. This requires you to keep synching up everything repeatedly.

FPM has a kicking editing system, so maybe it won't be so bad.
10-31-02 04:55 PM
stonesDVDs Ladies And Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones
http://angelfire.com/my/tabcom/dvd/ladies.html

Sourced from a film to tape conversion.
Eliminated are the colors over saturated, leaning to the red side.
Audio is remastered to the original stereo soundboard recordings.
Disc includes chapter stops, Interactive Menus.

Bonus Material includes stereo soundboard audio recordings of:
Ventilator Blues
Torn And Frayed
Loving Cup
Sweet Black Angel
Honky Tonk Women
Uptight/Satisfaction (with Stevie Wonder)

[email protected]
11-01-02 04:41 PM
Half Nanker The best version attainable has already been done. It's not the one above either. Check out the post from about 10 ago. The complete Australian "master" perfectly synched with the pristine, upgraded soundboard that has recently surfaced. A beautiful thing! In fact, I will crank this thing up again tonight!