ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: australian dates... Return to archive
10-29-02 03:28 AM
stonedinaustralia were due to be announced today

have you heard the word,if any?
10-29-02 03:52 AM
fmk438j No. If you or any other Aus. are interested, join this group http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Downunderstones/

Gypsymofo, motrush, corgi, others?

It's only got a hundfull of members but is good, especially with tour news pending. We were thinking that since the date was quoted on iorr.org as the 29th October for Europe (and that Aus would be this time too probably) that this would be tomorrow, our time. Maybe?
10-29-02 03:56 AM
stonedinaustralia yes fmk...that's a likely explanation -we'll see soon enough

i'll check out that site

thanx
10-29-02 04:20 AM
stonedinaustralia fmk - i've just heard a promo for "rove" tonight - he says "all will be revealed"!!
10-29-02 04:56 AM
fmk438j cool. I'll watch it then. I hope it's a bit more info than "yes the stones are touring in 2003!", but even this will get me jumping up and down.
10-29-02 05:11 AM
stonedinaustralia hey fmk,how much do you think tickets will be

on the basis that they'll do some type of areana i'd say around $200.00 with $100.00 cheap seats

what's the likely sydney venue - and what's it like - it's been many years since i've been to sydney
10-29-02 05:35 AM
fmk438j Yeah, I asked around for suggestions on what the prices might be but no one seemed to know. In 95 we had $90 seats that were average. Surely it'll be a lot more in 2003.
I had the thought that this time maybe double the US ticket price, but there's surely more to the ecomomics of it all than just the exchange rate. Will be interesting though.

Iorr.org says the superdome for Sydney. It's held a lot of events/shows lately (the arias included) but I've never seen anything there. Someone tells me it has bad acoustics. Maybe this was unique to the show they saw, I hope so.

10-29-02 06:10 AM
fmk438j Not what we expected, but at least he was a good fan, or so the tat and dance would indicate.
[Edited by fmk438j]
10-29-02 06:37 AM
corgi37 man, did rove suck me in. i felt sure it would be the announcement. i rang paul dainty yesterday, but got nothing. at least with mccartney chickening out, theres more money for pepole who are likely to see the stones. i too feel tomorrow is likely, as its the 29th in other countries. God, this waiting is a killer. i'd say, for here in melbourne, telstra dome is the likely place. my est for prices is $80-90 for shit, $150 for back section of the ground, and up to $500 for the good seats. and yes, i have allowed a grand for tickets for wifey and me. the biggest show she's seen is tom jones, so this is gonna freak her out. now all i gotta do is save up for the souvenirs.
10-29-02 06:42 AM
stonedinaustralia yeah i just saw it...would you lick an ox toungue for two tickets to the stones in vegas and $1,000.00 ($AU i presume)

i know i would

10-29-02 07:48 AM
fmk438j Yes I would, it looked fairly clean. People eat that shit.
10-29-02 03:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man Can i just thank Australia for Ramsay Street and Holly Valance

Thank You

Alex
10-29-02 03:20 PM
jb What will be attendance in stadium show...here, average is around 40-50 thousand...not like old days of 80,000 crazies packed in...I kinda miss the huge audiences...freaks everywhere..topless girls, people passed out drunk or overdosed...
[Edited by jb]
10-29-02 05:54 PM
fmk438j
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Can i just thank Australia for Ramsay Street and Holly

Ok, thanks for that band, the stones I think they're called.

And Stella Street, and Spaced, and some of Lee Evans' shows.

And letting us whoop your ass in cricket year in year out. lol.

Oh, and if you were wondering, yes Holly is just a typical aus. chick, nothing out of the ordinary, dime a dozen round here.

[Edited by fmk438j]
[Edited by fmk438j]
10-29-02 08:09 PM
Mottrush Thanks fmk. I joined the group, looks interesting.

Didn't see Rove last night. I gather nothing much happened.

I thought today might be "announcement day" but haven't seen anything so far! Should have been some news on IORR message board by now!!

The waiting is killing me!
10-30-02 09:25 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well you see, i just thought it would be polite to thank you for supplying the UK with girls with such great figures. Shame about the music though. "Kiss Kiss"? What the hell is that? The new one is even worse. I like the videos though!

Stella Street is FANTASTIC. Its a bit of a low budget cult BBC comedy. A bit like Monty Python was in its day. Its brilliant though. Mick and Keith have me in STITCHES!

Alex
11-02-02 06:47 AM
corgi37 I am just dying of waiting. Ok, i rang dainty again. The receptionist couldnt give a fuck and virtually hung up on me. I now believe the announcement is up to 2 weeks away. Oh, and Holly Vallance is a top chick. I bumped into her at last years spring carnival. I actually got my photo taken with her. She, so young and fresh, me so old, bald, and very pissed. And i tell ya, her feet are gorgeous.