ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: another day, another stones board Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
10-27-02 11:37 AM
Harrylime Smegma??Where did ya get that from?It's certainly not in my
dictionary,and I've a big one..
10-27-02 01:26 PM
*ginda Harry -
Type smegma in a search engine and you'll be surprised and repelled at the result.
10-27-02 01:31 PM
sirmoonie Hey! Its ginda!
10-27-02 01:36 PM
*ginda Yes, sirmoonie, I've been hiding here for awhile, shyly navigating my way through the sea of heavy hitters...
10-27-02 04:22 PM
Dandelion* *blank stare*
10-27-02 04:26 PM
Dandelion* Oops - not you Ginda!

SS - The Storm once said FPM wouldn't say shit if he had a mouth full of it. I will... You're a big boy and I know you can take it. Don't mean I don't like ya still...
10-27-02 04:57 PM
kath oh dear...this thread has taken a somewhat unseemly turn...
10-27-02 05:00 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
kath wrote:
oh dear...this thread has taken a somewhat unseemly turn...

Oh yeah - just wait until Josh jumps in!

Welcome to the board by the way. What happened at Doug's?
10-27-02 08:55 PM
kath oh nuthin....i just thought i'd broaden my horizons stones wise. i've already broadened my ass.

josh. well, i just don't know about that boy...i can't really tell if he is bullshitting or not. and why, if one is going to make up a personality, would you make up an obnoxious one that nobody can stand? only josh knows...
10-27-02 09:30 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
kath wrote:
oh dear...this thread has taken a somewhat unseemly turn...

Ya reckon?...Nah!..I'm just gonna peel me a bananna, rub copious amounts of SMEGMA over a pair of FALSIES , and studiously avoid copping a mouthfull of excreta. Does that qualify as dirty wanking?.....Well we all need someone we bleed on, and when I need to I'm gonna bleed on you.
10-27-02 09:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh Dandy, I'm well aware of the Fleabitten One's propensity for being tight lipped. I just meant that he's known me since before I could drive legally drive a car. He can vouch for what I was telling you.

I yam wot I yam. And I make no apologies. I only regret the things that I didn't have the balls to do.

And it's OK, I still like you too.
10-28-02 04:49 AM
kath i yam what i yam, too. i have no idea what the two previous posts to this meant...but i'll pretend they are some secret "rocks off" code to which i have not become accustomed....
10-28-02 05:27 AM
luxury1 Well, I haven't read this entire thread--and yes, it has taken an unseemly turn--this often happens on RO--but I needed to chime in and tell the RO veterans that kath is of the infamous "Keith runs like a sissy" thread on Doug's board. This broad has some cajones, as the Shidoobeans jumped all over her for that one. Funniest thread I ever read over there by the way. One RO vet has confirmed your observation kath. I have yet to, but I am ever watchful at each susequent show I attend. I am told to keep a sharp eye out when Keith has to run/trot down the catwalk to catch up to the rest of the band!!
10-28-02 05:32 AM
gypsymofo60 I'm assuming she is refering to that clip in 25 by 5. Running from fans. What about Brian? Ooooh seriously sissy!
10-28-02 07:06 AM
luxury1 I believe she was referring to how Keith approaches the mic when he comes up for his two songs. Said he runs like a girl. Kath almost got thrown off Doug's board for saying it--we must wait till she wakes up to recount the incident (offending thread that is). I find kath to be one of the sharpest wits on Shidoobee--jb just doesn't "get" her yet. I wonder if that is any indication of just how "sharp" he is??
10-29-02 07:22 PM
kath oh (titter titter, kath laughs that laugh of hers, her little eyelashes are just flirting in that special way...) you guys! yes, it was i who mentioned that keef has a somewhat er..peculiar approach to mr. microphone. and i really was surprised that some people got pissed about it. i mean, i told blue lena when keef fell off the ladder that if he had just flapped those dumbo-like ears of his, he could have soared around the room a couple of times and landed gently on the floor...and SHE didn't get mad. but the shidoobeeans (only a couple of them , really) got mightily po'd!! ah well...like my mommy used to say "fuck em if they can't take a joke, honey. just fuck 'em". mom really had a way with words, bless her heart

and yes, as stated previously, i DO have some cajones...quite a few of them, really. most of them i keep in jars in the garage...just little memory makers. when i get down or feeling blue, i just go out and look at my collection of cajones and tears of joy fill my eyes...

sorry, i can't go on just now...i'm just so overcome with the joys of cajone acquiring and keeping.
10-30-02 12:05 AM
gypsymofo60 Why on earth would shidoobeans, or anybody else for that matter get so in a flap over harmless observations, and little jokes?...Some people really do take it all far too seriously, and when that happens it becomes less fun, and more a bore. If ever I feel the need to go idolise something, or someone to that extent I'll check myself into the nearest cult. Sheeeeeeeeeeesh! It's OK here though! You can make dead guy jokes, and not feel guilty afterward, who cares about the odd recrimination? Did they really get that wound up Kath?
10-30-02 12:22 AM
kath yeah a couple people took it very seriously and were very offended and demanded that i "STOP NOW!"

it happens everywhere...i've been on several boards over the years, and shit happens on all of them at one time or another..

wait...you....you don't suppose it could be directly attributed to my presence there, do you????

nah.

10-30-02 05:06 AM
F505 Kath, don't stop
10-30-02 05:54 AM
stonedinaustralia the thing is, kath will hit her line sooner or later

to paraphrase a great writer whose name i forget (christ, how loose can you get!)...freedom is the ability is to move in a straight line until someone tells you to stop (& it might even be yourself)

seriously - the line is moveable, as it should be... and to "dig up" (sic.)(don't - forget the full - stop!!) - another thread, moral issues are irrelevant - we can say what we are legally entitled to say if we feel it is worth the effort but we must remember that we all hang around here by somebody elses good graces so we shouldn't abuse the privilege -

remember, the old "imo" might seem like a bit of a cliche but, as i'm sure many here will attest, it can be the difference between winning or losing on the court-room floor - (just hope the hangin' judge is sober...hey nasty??)
and there are enough lawyers around here to tell you that the best thing to do with legal action is AVOID IT if you can and remember also our hosts are implicated in anything we say

and i could say a whole lot that would make me the most unpopular person on this board in an instant - if i'm not already!!..(as i'm sure we all could, well let's leave that one alone,ey?)... but i (we) don't...why is that??

apart from all that - as another great writer put it, whose name i do remember, "let it loose, let it all come down"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-30-02 09:01 AM
F505 quote:
there are enough lawyers around here

they claim they are lawyers but there are some doubts whether it is the truth
10-30-02 11:19 AM
stonedinaustralia yeah ... i know what you mean

like some other people, i have my doubts about feej but i'm willing to give him the benefit of them and if he'd fax me a copy of his practising certificate i'd be more than satisfied...

10-30-02 11:41 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
F505 wrote:
they claim they are lawyers but there are some doubts whether it is the truth

You can't haaaaaandle the truth!

All work and no play makes Ronnie a dull boy...

-tSYX --- Is this some kind of joke?
10-30-02 12:07 PM
Fiji Joe Stoned...I give a rat's ass as to whether you doubt the veracity of my profession...You can consider me to be a janitor, burger flipper or school teacher for all I care...I only mentioned it because it was pertinent to one of the posts I was responding to...You won't be getting any bar cards from me...I am curious, however, as to why (what basis) you would have to doubt me...

I'm not trying to be confrontational...as I said, consider me to be whatever and above all, consider me to be a Stones Fan, with flabby man-breasts...

10-30-02 01:03 PM
jb I emphathize with you Fiji Joe...I was really upset with some of the innuendos here last week...it's one thing to disagree/flame someone, but to question one's truth and veracity without any credible evidence is simply mean spirited. I believe you!!!
P.S. Atlanta was awesome!!! Still owe me a shirley Temple?
[Edited by jb]
10-30-02 01:11 PM
sirmoonie I believe you both. Lawyers never lie!
10-30-02 01:32 PM
Joey " I emphathize with you Fiji Joe...I was really upset with some of the innuendos here last week...it's one thing to disagree/flame someone, but to question one's truth and veracity without any credible evidence is simply mean spirited. I believe you!!! "

I don't know about all of that stuff Josh , but I REALLY REALLY did not know that you were Arabic .

I really did not --- simply amazing what these boards reveal .

" Persian my lineage Ronnie "

J . Fly

10-30-02 01:41 PM
sirmoonie Hey Joey, how about that little twit Winona? Did you see the video? Holy 5 finger discounts! Man, she is playing with fire by not pleaing this one out. If she gets dinged, and unless she's got a bunch of OJ jurors it sure looks like she will, that judge is gonna be very pissed that she wasted all that Court's time and money on this BS. Guarantee he tosses her in the clink for a couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear about your death, by the way. You were my friend. My C10 brother. Let me know if you want me to dig you up.
10-30-02 02:42 PM
luxury1 Yeah, I don't know about some of these folks claiming to be lawyers--sure do have alot of time on their hands to post/read. I dont even have a fucking job, and I can't get to RO often enough.
10-30-02 02:48 PM
Fiji Joe Luxury...you obviously have spent no time in the military...that would explain your lack of familiarity with the art of sham...I post very little here during the day...I have my days where I do not feel like working so I post, but, mostly I post a night...Today, sham I am...the boss has gone hunting
Page: 1 2 3 4 5