ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone (never's too late to scare you all, will ya?)
Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November 2006
© GotToRollMe
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Back from the Beacon Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th October 2006 08:49 PM
T&A Back home in California - unbelievable show. Rather than bore y'all with details - I'll be happy to answer any specific questions anyone has about the show. Ask away...
30th October 2006 08:53 PM
robpop Did Mick really welcome President Clinton and her husband?
30th October 2006 08:55 PM
throbby Indeed he did.

He also mentioned that the first time they played in a NYC theatre (1964) hamburgers were 19 cents and a Stones ticket was 2.50
30th October 2006 08:57 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
T&A wrote:
Back home in California - unbelievable show. Rather than bore y'all with details - I'll be happy to answer any specific questions anyone has about the show. Ask away...

You lazy "Arse"...Give a review like all the rest of us do....!!

By the way thanks for texting us last night
30th October 2006 08:58 PM
T&A yeah - and he also said something about since JFK got Marily to sing Happy Birthday to him, Mick thought about putting on a dress and singing to Bill...
30th October 2006 08:59 PM
PartyDoll MEG Did you enjoy Dirty?
30th October 2006 09:00 PM
mrhipfl I don't understand. Clinton's birthday was in August. Why is he celebrating now?
30th October 2006 09:01 PM
T&A I'm TIRED! I'm not much into reviews. I thought I'm Free was suprisingly well done - cool little riff that wasn't in the original nor the Stripped version. Christina kicked ass - not a fan of hers (yet) - she's got a pair lungs that Sheryl wishes she had. She was wearing black 6-8 inch stiletto heels and she still wasn't up to Mick's chin! She's a shorty! Very sexy, though.

She Was Hot SMOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and, I'm not a big fan of it nor did I enjoy the debut from the shitty recording we've heard. Last nite though it sounded like something they've been doing for years. That's when the show really started for me.
30th October 2006 09:04 PM
glencar
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I don't understand. Clinton's birthday was in August. Why is he celebrating now?

Because that's what sociopaths do!
30th October 2006 09:04 PM
T&A
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I don't understand. Clinton's birthday was in August. Why is he celebrating now?

mine's in September but I don't celebrate it at all.
30th October 2006 09:07 PM
Erik_Snow Hi T&A!
I've got a question,
how was Tony Bennett's singing on Jumpin' Jack Flash?
30th October 2006 09:08 PM
pdog Tod, I'm just glad you didn't take a dive crossing the street!
You have amazing Stones karma!
Rock on... Looked for you at Dylan too!
I don't know where the hell your number is, I do now have a cell phone, finally...
30th October 2006 09:16 PM
glencar pdog, I called you back last night on teh way home from the show but I couldn't get through. I'm exhausted right now & this jizzy guy isn't helping my attitude. I say we all just ignore the dull fuck anyway.
30th October 2006 09:18 PM
T&A
quote:
pdog wrote:
Tod, I'm just glad you didn't take a dive crossing the street!
You have amazing Stones karma!
Rock on... Looked for you at Dylan too!
I don't know where the hell your number is, I do now have a cell phone, finally...

PM me Paul - we'll talk/hook up.
Altamont
quote:
glencar wrote:
pdog, I called you back last night on teh way home from the show but I couldn't get through. I'm exhausted right now & this jizzy guy isn't helping my attitude. I say we all just ignore the dull fuck anyway.

Glencar, what were the highlights of the show for you?
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
pdog, I called you back last night on teh way home from the show but I couldn't get through. I'm exhausted right now & this jizzy guy isn't helping my attitude. I say we all just ignore the dull fuck anyway.

I saw the missed call... much appreciated. He's on ignore, like you know who.
30th October 2006 09:19 PM
T&A
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
Hi T&A!
I've got a question,
how was Tony Bennett's singing on Jumpin' Jack Flash?

fabulous - it was really actually a medley JJF/I Left My Heart in San Francisco
Bitch Hi Tod. glad you got home safely. That was some crazyass hat you wore inside the Beacon. I thought the funny hats were reserved for the European fans, lol.
sammy davis jr. But how was Tony Bennett on Jumpin' Jack Flash? That guy can bring it.
30th October 2006 09:20 PM
PartyDoll MEG OK..before I call it a night...How was Jack on Lovin' Cup?

I can't believe I am being one of the "maids in waiting" while you "hold court"!!
30th October 2006 09:24 PM
T&A
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
OK..before I call it a night...How was Jack on Lovin' Cup?

I can't believe I am being one of the "maids in waiting" while you "hold court"!!

HA! I'm just not into doing in-depth, detail reviews without being handsomely paid.

LC was a clear highlight. Jack stood with acoustic slide gtr at the front mic with Mick (who played acoustic, while Ron and Keith were on electric). Jack sang second verse and later in the song Mick motioned to Jack to sing another verse, but Jack balked. They finished the song singing together. It was better than the Licks versions, IMO. Very nicely arranged and performed.
30th October 2006 09:29 PM
glencar Oh it was tons better than the Licks version. That song I saw at Fleet was half-baked. this was well done which is howe glencar likes all his sustenance.
30th October 2006 09:29 PM
Erik_Snow T&A, did the filmcrew get in the way for the audience? Were you in the balcony?
30th October 2006 09:30 PM
glencar
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
But how was Tony Bennett on Jumpin' Jack Flash? That guy can bring it.

He was not actually on stage during JJF. He was just off stage blowing Bubba. A genuine highlight.
30th October 2006 09:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
T&A, did the filmcrew get in the way for the audience? Were you in the balcony?

I was in the balcony & the film crew had little impact on our cheap seats.
30th October 2006 09:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
T&A, did the filmcrew get in the way for the audience? Were you in the balcony?

See you are falling for it too, Erik!! You wanna be the "court jester?"
30th October 2006 09:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
T&A wrote:
Back home in California - unbelievable show. Rather than bore y'all with details - I'll be happy to answer any specific questions anyone has about the show. Ask away...

thanks for the text updates, mate. Glad you had a great show and no 'whining' was necessary.

Good to see ya postin' here again
30th October 2006 09:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

I saw the missed call... much appreciated. He's on ignore, like you know who.

Cohl?
30th October 2006 09:35 PM
T&A
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was in the balcony & the film crew had little impact on our cheap seats.

no prob from 3rd row balcony. I looked like that HUGE crane/boomstand in the middle of the orchestra must have impacted the view for many down in the orchestra and loge though. that would have been quite annoying, I would think for those viewers.
30th October 2006 09:36 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Cohl?

Jizzy on ignore...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)