ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone (never's too late to scare you all, will ya?)
Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November 2006
© GotToRollMe
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack White would be a great producer for the Stones Return to archive
30th October 2006 10:20 AM
Poison Dart I noticed that Jack White played "Loving Cup" with the Stones last night. Anybody else think he would be a great choice to produce the next Stones record, if there is one?

White did a great job with that Loretta Lynn record a couple of years back. Imagine what he could do with the Stones.

30th October 2006 11:46 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I noticed that Jack White played "Loving Cup" with the Stones last night. Anybody else think he would be a great choice to produce the next Stones record, if there is one?

White did a great job with that Loretta Lynn record a couple of years back. Imagine what he could do with the Stones.

Worth a shot.....time to say...Was Not..to Don Was......
30th October 2006 11:55 AM
Poison Dart The new Stones stuff (or much of it) is overproduced. His back to basic's sound would go well with the Stones.
30th October 2006 12:19 PM
sammy davis jr. He would be the perfect choice....However I think it's too late for that.
30th October 2006 12:45 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
He would be the perfect choice....However I think it's too late for that.

I dunno... I think he might be the one guy that could get them to do a modern blues type album. Thats what the guy does best.

He's a good producer. Love that Loretta Lynn album he worked on. He'd be good fit. I've talked his name up a few times before here for the job.
30th October 2006 02:53 PM
Mel Belli Jack White is one of my favorite artists of the last 10 years or so. But he might make the Stones sound too "mannered," if you know what I mean.
30th October 2006 03:08 PM
riffkeither And Madonna too !!!
30th October 2006 04:24 PM
pdog Fuck them! Even Jack with all his talent couldn't make a piece of shit like Stones Inc. good. They're done, dead to me!
30th October 2006 06:07 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I noticed that Jack White played "Loving Cup" with the Stones last night. Anybody else think he would be a great choice to produce the next Stones record, if there is one?

With the sales and promotion of ABB in the tour (0 last night) I'll be surprised with a new album.
30th October 2006 06:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm with Soldatti on this one. I don't think there will be a "next" album. Unless it's a Bigger Bang Tour live CD. But I don't see a studio album happening.
30th October 2006 06:49 PM
Saint Sway They pussed out last night and did an acoustic tune with Jack. If they gave him a rocker he would of blown Keith and Woody off the stage. That guy brings the thunder. He'd make the Stones guitarists sound like Hanson.

Jack White & Rich Robinson are my two favorite guitarists to listen to right now

Mick should make a record with those two
30th October 2006 06:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot Speaking of Jack...

Are we still on for Nov 18th? Racs/Dylan @ Spectrum?
30th October 2006 07:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Speaking of Jack...

Are we still on for Nov 18th? Racs/Dylan @ Spectrum?

its a definate possibility

should be easy for me to get from AC to Philly

would of been nice if Jack or Bob could make it to AC for a guest spot. But, unlike the Stones, they both play in real rock bands that play shows on back to back nights
30th October 2006 08:42 PM
pdog I so wish I could make The Dylan and Racs gig with you guys! Two great shows I saw this year were those bands, on the same bill. Oh My Gawd!
30th October 2006 11:28 PM
Egbert
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm with Soldatti on this one. I don't think there will be a "next" album. Unless it's a Bigger Bang Tour live CD. But I don't see a studio album happening.

I third that. I can see them maybe doing a blues covers album (putting them dangerously close to Rod Stewart territory) and touring on a limited basis behind it, or Mick doing another solo, but not a Rolling Stones album with original tunes. No way - ABB was hastily compiled in order to give yet another worldwide tour a reason for being - I don't foresee any more such tours for them. Time to open the vaults.
30th October 2006 11:54 PM
Zack They would never let him produce them because he's too famous. A new Jack White-produced Stones album would be as much about Jack as J/R, whose egos would never allow that.

Good idea though, in principle.
31st October 2006 04:41 AM
jostorm They always played the Stones' "Loving Cup" as the first song after the White Stripes concerts finished during last year's tour.
I just caught JW with the Raconteurs in Manchester and they were really amazing.
Personally, I hope that Jack White has as little as possible to do with the wrinkly moneygrabbers! God forbid and he may catch some of their jadedness , materialism and total disinterest in their fanbase.....it could only damage his creative musical persona...although I can see where the suggestion is coming from...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)