ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone (never's too late to scare you all, will ya?)
Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November 2006
© GotToRollMe
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More Beacon Mayhem Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th October 2006 11:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Trust me. In the last few days its been very hard for anyone to forget that. It seems the tour schedule can be easily fucked with to accommodate a Hollywood production based around two shows.

Agreed.....my post is ONLY in reference to the decisions regarding the Beacon shows. AC should have been rescheduled weeks ago
29th October 2006 11:18 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:
More to do with Scorsese's people than the Stones' I would think, but with all this nonsense happening plus the request for a high percentage of extras who are under 20 and from the afro-american community, will the final credits in the movie have the disclaimer "all similarities with real Rolling Stones audiences depicted in this picture are entirely coincidental" ?

Haha!!!
30th October 2006 12:39 AM
pdog
quote:
zipmouth wrote:
Via email from Undercover...

"OMG. Lynn and others wound up in the 4th row, all seated, ready.....someone
came and told them they'd have to leave, as there were now too many
people!!!!!
They had let them in without tickets, needing people to fill the empty
seats.

So now she and Gail, not sure who else, are back out on the street. After
being inside......wtf!!"

Could be a riot yet!!!

The lameness goes on... Boycott time...
30th October 2006 01:28 AM
DrJimmy The Stones had nothing to do with placing people in the audience...or kicking them out.

That was all completely run by Scorsese's film crew.
30th October 2006 02:01 AM
glencar Those women were out there for hours. I feel bad for them but as others have noted, this was the film guys' doing. BTW GREAT FUCKING SHOW! Review to follow shortly.
30th October 2006 07:10 AM
Steel Wheels Way to go, Scorsese!

Brilliant moves by a brilliant filmmaker.

Judging by the mistakes at Beacon #1 (Betty White on my current favorite song, Loving Cup, and Britney Spears on Live with Me)this film is going to be a really true representation of the Stones, their fans, and their setlists.

Thanks Marty!

30th October 2006 09:53 AM
gimmekeef I cant believe they could kick anyone out....Aguilera is on stage and real fans get the boot....Hey Mick....go fuck yourself!
30th October 2006 11:36 AM
throbby Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

No doubt those folks got tossed out because they were sitting in Leo DiCaprio, Daniel Day Lewis, Cameron Diaz, Liam Neeson and John C. Reilly's seats...

Quite untrue. I understand all of the frustration over the last few days events and I feel horrible for anyone who was moved out of a seat they thought was for them.

I would get all the facts though before making any judgement calls. There were absolutely no celebs in the first few rows on the sides of the catwalk, just hired extras who were given a different wristband. You were also told from the beginning that they would be moving you around. It was a movie set with hired hands. I know of no extra from my group who was asked to leave the building. If you didn't work visually you were placed in one of the aisles on the floor or in one of the back corners on the floor. Still an incredible view for any fan. I will say that Scorsese's placement people were very well aware of the emotional angst of the fans chosen as extras and did their best to accommodate us all.

If someone was asked to leave the building altogether I have a feeling that there's more to the story.

[Edited by throbby]
30th October 2006 01:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot >If someone was asked to leave the building altogether I have a feeling that there's more to the story.<

Of course there's more to the story. There always is.

What probably happened is that some production assistant couldn't count right. They thought they needed some more warm bodiesw...and they really didn't. Some folks were brought inside, and when the mistake was discovered, they got the heave ho.

This one was on Marty's gang, not on Stones Inc.

Still, can you imagine what having THAT rug pulled out from under you must have felt like? Crushing.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)