ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone (never's too late to scare you all, will ya?)
Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November 2006
© GotToRollMe
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More Beacon Mayhem Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th October 2006 08:26 PM
zipmouth Via email from Undercover...

"OMG. Lynn and others wound up in the 4th row, all seated, ready.....someone
came and told them they'd have to leave, as there were now too many
people!!!!!
They had let them in without tickets, needing people to fill the empty
seats.

So now she and Gail, not sure who else, are back out on the street. After
being inside......wtf!!"

Could be a riot yet!!!
29th October 2006 08:28 PM
Gazza I hope they tear the place apart. If they pulled that shit on me, they would need to have made sure there were no sharp instruments within reach
29th October 2006 08:30 PM
SweetVirginia

Just when you think there are no more ways for
them to fuck with the fans.....

29th October 2006 08:41 PM
GotToRollMe I hope they do tear the fuckin' place apart. The Stones could do with a proper riot. Fuck 'em.

29th October 2006 08:43 PM
toomuchblood I can't believe that they can be that cruel to fans. Making a persons dream come true and then taking it away just as fast.
29th October 2006 08:48 PM
Lavendar Something is DEFINITELY wrong with this!
Does this mean Millionaires can SHIT whereever they like!
I'm becoming more SHATTERED with all this!
DREAMING its not true!
29th October 2006 08:50 PM
Bingo Oh man, I can't wait to hear the full story about this. All that waiting, then you think the gates of heaven just opened, only to be thrown into a hellish nightmare.
29th October 2006 08:53 PM
LadyJane Anyone else feel like getting that AC refund and a collective F-U to this madness?

LJ.

29th October 2006 08:53 PM
Play With Fire

Disgusting.

I can't imagine, what a nightmare!

29th October 2006 08:54 PM
Erik_Snow I'm amazed about the arrogance of Stones' circus these days
29th October 2006 08:56 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Anyone else feel like getting that AC refund and a collective F-U to this madness?

LJ.

I do.

Fuckers.

29th October 2006 08:58 PM
monkeyman62 yeah but how would you feel if you paid thousands and then someone walks in for free and gets fourth row,but yes it does suck anyway
[Edited by monkeyman62]
29th October 2006 09:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot Do it LJ.

Draw that line in the sand, and give 'em the finger.

If ever there was a time for all of us fans to stick together to make a point...NOW is that time.
29th October 2006 09:00 PM
Toronto Tom I can't believe that outside all day frozen and then teased like that I would go nuts.
29th October 2006 09:01 PM
Erik_Snow If you've paid thousands, you shouldn't be at a rockconcert
29th October 2006 09:02 PM
Lavendar I had heard about their UN-Caring ways a long time ago!
and shucked it off to an opinion. WOW
But some of the things going on are way
TOO RUDE.
did anyone see t
"The Feast"- a Halloween scary movie?
Theres mention of Mick getting a Blowjob from some old Hag, then the Hag dying! LOL
29th October 2006 09:03 PM
zipmouth "yeah but how would you feel if you paid thousands and then someone walks in for free and gets fourth row"

Not thousands, but I paid big money for tickets for a Voodoo lounge show, Front row,and when the stage was set up, additional tickets were added...

to the FRONT ROWS, AA and BB ROWS were ADDED, put me in 3rd row!! But at least I got to stay inside the venue!

[Edited by zipmouth]
29th October 2006 09:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot Amen Erik.
29th October 2006 09:06 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Tickets go on sale, and disappear in nanoseconds.
TM promotes the fact that tickets not picked up would be available online day of show - doesn't happen.
The faithful queue up outside the box office - and get chased away.
Stuffed shirts don't show, suddenly the good seats are empty, panic sets in - remaining faithful get rewarded.
Stuffed shirts finally stroll in - the faithful get the boot.

What a clusterfuck.
29th October 2006 09:11 PM
jaggergurl
29th October 2006 09:12 PM
zipmouth
quote:
Lavendar wrote:
Something is DEFINITELY wrong with this!
Does this mean Millionaires can SHIT whereever they like!
I'm becoming more SHATTERED with all this!
DREAMING its not true!

Don't know about that, but it does mean you can get a "private" show from the Stones, control who sits with you, and even hang out during the rehearsals...

Or maybe Bill just passed out cigars to get in!
29th October 2006 09:25 PM
Gazza More to do with Scorsese's people than the Stones' I would think, but with all this nonsense happening plus the request for a high percentage of extras who are under 20 and from the afro-american community, will the final credits in the movie have the disclaimer "all similarities with real Rolling Stones audiences depicted in this picture are entirely coincidental" ?
29th October 2006 09:26 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Tickets go on sale, and disappear in nanoseconds.
TM promotes the fact that tickets not picked up would be available online day of show - doesn't happen.
The faithful queue up outside the box office - and get chased away.
Stuffed shirts don't show, suddenly the good seats are empty, panic sets in - remaining faithful get rewarded.
Stuffed shirts finally stroll in - the faithful get the boot.

What a clusterfuck.

You hit the nail on the head. I've been at awards show
tapings and they use seat fillers when an audience member
leaves for some reason. Sounds like what they did to these girls was to bring them in as seat fillers until the
seat holder arrived....but didn't tell them that. Movie folks wanted them to look happy, so they let these fans think they had been chosen for the audience.

The cruelty of that act is unbelievable.
29th October 2006 09:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I hope they do tear the fuckin' place apart. The Stones could do with a proper riot. Fuck 'em.

well it would add a much needed touch of realism to Scorsese's movie. They could just re-enact the riot at the end of Gangs of New York...
29th October 2006 09:32 PM
Soldatti They want young and hip people there, fuck them all, its a shame and a lack of respect for fans. I would burn the whole place, we can make riots for much less than that here.
29th October 2006 09:36 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
... will the final credits in the movie have the disclaimer "all similarities with real Rolling Stones audiences depicted in this picture are entirely coincidental" ?

And the opening credits will include:

"Based on a true concert"
29th October 2006 09:43 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well it would add a much needed touch of realism to Scorsese's movie. They could just re-enact the riot at the end of Gangs of New York...

No doubt those folks got tossed out because they were sitting in Leo DiCaprio, Daniel Day Lewis, Cameron Diaz, Liam Neeson and John C. Reilly's seats...
29th October 2006 09:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
More to do with Scorsese's people than the Stones' I would think, but with all this nonsense happening plus the request for a high percentage of extras who are under 20 and from the afro-american community, will the final credits in the movie have the disclaimer "all similarities with real Rolling Stones audiences depicted in this picture are entirely coincidental" ?

people forget this is not a "concert" but rathe the set of a motion picture. Every movie has people who have their only scenes cut out. Yes it sucks as a fan, but too many have wrapped their entire lives into this show and must realize that there is "real life" away from the stones.

My condolences to those who didnt get in.
29th October 2006 09:53 PM
Bruno
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
They want young and hip people there, fuck them all, its a shame and a lack of respect for fans. I would burn the whole place, we can make riots for much less than that here.

We too. And, under those circumstances, it would be a pleasure.

In Copacabana we threw bottles (some of them filled with urine) and sand at those bastards at the VIP area. Don´t misunderstand me, this is nothing close to what you´re suffering at all.

It used to be our rock and roll band... sad.
29th October 2006 09:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

people forget this is not a "concert" but rather the set of a motion picture.

Trust me. In the last few days its been very hard for anyone to forget that. It seems the tour schedule can be easily fucked with to accommodate a Hollywood production based around two shows.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)