ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone (never's too late to scare you all, will ya?)
Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November 2006
© GotToRollMe
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elvis vs. The Pope Return to archive
28th October 2006 04:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels October, 27 - 11:16 AM

Elvis vs. Pope in New York TV vote
Oct 27, 2006
Dominicantoday.com

New York.– It's a battle of some of the greatest U.S. and international stars, with Marilyn Monroe up against Elvis Presley, boxer Muhammad Ali, former President Bill Clinton and even Pope John Paul II.

U.S. television viewers are being asked to vote on the greatest moment at one of the world's most famous arenas, New York's Madison Square Garden, which has played host to a list of sports stars, musicians, politicians and religious leaders in its 127-year history.

Everybody who has been anybody has had a magical moment at Madison Square Garden, according to producers of a new TV series, "The 50 Greatest Moments at Madison Square Garden," that will be broadcast next week.

"It's based on the 50 most incredible experiences that have occurred in this building," said Michael Bair, president of sports and entertainment network MSG Media, which is airing the 10-part series from next week.

Madison Square Garden has been the name of four arenas in New York City, with the first opening in 1879 and the most recent in 1968 with the capacity to hold 20,000 people.

Throughout its history it has been a top venue for major stars and events.

These include Marilyn Monroe's 1962 birthday serenade to President John F. Kennedy on his 45th birthday, the 1971 fight in which Joe Frazier beat Muhammad Ali for the heavyweight title, Elvis Presley's sell-out 1972 shows, and John Lennon's last live performance in 1974.

Pope John Paul II visited Madison Square Garden in 1979 and in 1982 the Rev. and Mrs. Sun Myung Moon held a blessing ceremony there for 2,075 couples which was dubbed a "mass wedding" by media at the time.

Bill Clinton accepted the presidential nomination at Madison Square Garden in 1992.

While hockey fans may select their favorite moment to be Canadian ice hockey player Wayne Gretzky's final game in 1999, or Mark Messier's retirement ceremony from the New York Rangers earlier this year.

"They are magical moments because for most people, the Garden is the pinnacle for performers," said Bair.

"The electricity of the crowd creates a special kind of feeling in the building itself, whether you are the opposing team or the home team."

The show features 10 one-hour episodes with new video footage and a selection of 200 interviews with stars behind the scenes. Viewers can vote on the final top five events on www.msg50.com.

"It's an endless number of events of things that have happened that are not just about New York but about the rest of the country as well," said Bair.
28th October 2006 05:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels At # 45-The Rolling Stones make New York debut(11/27/1969)

http://www.msg50.com/moments.jsp

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
28th October 2006 03:24 PM
Boogie-Woogie someone taped the stones 69 show !!!!!!

the holy grail under the bootleg videos isnt it ?!?!?
28th October 2006 04:05 PM
Gazza Personally I vote for the mass brawl that broke out after the Riddick Bowe-Andrew Golota fight a few years ago.

Funny as fuck!
28th October 2006 04:43 PM
MrPleasant I bet that Elvis would have kicked the Pope's ass.
28th October 2006 06:21 PM
glencar You know I love NY & everything but MSG is really just an arena. Even if I found this show on my TV, I would skip it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)