ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone (never's too late to scare you all, will ya?)
Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November 2006
© GotToRollMe
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Atlantic City postponed - new date 17th November Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
27th October 2006 02:20 PM
Gazza Bad news folks....it appears Mick's throat is giving problens again and tonights show is off
27th October 2006 02:21 PM
Some Guy say it aint so!!
27th October 2006 02:21 PM
Gazza its official

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm567.showMessage?topicID=181.topic
27th October 2006 02:25 PM
charlotte yep, you beat me Gazza, I just heard it on the radio(INTERNET) in Atlantic City
27th October 2006 02:27 PM
Some Guy Damn that sux! Should be a huge party regardless!
PartyDoll MEG Oh am I glad I am not there....Talking to LJ right now
F505 sore throat?
27th October 2006 02:34 PM
gimmekeef Quick..someone get all of jb's weapons away from him on that VIP bus from Philly....developing.............
27th October 2006 02:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Oh am I glad I am not there....Talking to LJ right now

I just sent her a text message in case she wasnt aware, but I guess you got there first.

Gutted for everyone. Pauly and Beast had travelled over from London for this show and also were hoping theyd get lucky with Beacon tickets as well. They were told a few days ago that theyd got Rattlesnake Inn VIP passes, so you can imagine how much of an extra disappointment THAT is, considering they miss out on not only the Beacon because they werent allowed to buy tickets, the AC show because of the cancellation but also the possibility of meeting the band.

A real sickener for so many people for whom this may well have been their final show.
[Edited by Gazza]
27th October 2006 02:37 PM
gimmekeef This is bad for all there....much money and dissapointment......Really feel bad for our RO bretheren
27th October 2006 02:38 PM
WattsAtScotts Sad news, if they were not filming this weekend, the show would have went on, imho
27th October 2006 02:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:
sore throat?

Yep - I hope to hell this show wasn't pulled as a 'precaution' just because they have the 'more important' Beacon shows coming up

Sadly, the inevitable result of playing so many outdoor shows in cold weather at this time of year.
27th October 2006 02:39 PM
Some Guy Get everyone together in a large room, blast some Stones on the Stereo and party on!!
27th October 2006 02:42 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yep - I hope to hell this show wasn't pulled as a 'precaution' just because they have the 'more important' Beacon shows coming up

Its true. I heard Clinton had it canceled so he could party harder with The Mick.
27th October 2006 02:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG You can rest assured our RO brethren will be drinking and partying very heavily this evening...
27th October 2006 02:45 PM
Some Guy Has jb been reached for comment?
27th October 2006 02:45 PM
parmeda I feel really bad for Michael Cohl if TomL runs into him this afternoon.
27th October 2006 02:46 PM
Dan This sucks balls.
27th October 2006 02:50 PM
Maxlugar Dudes, this was a small capacity show that was not even close to selling out! I was pulling up rows of seats all over the place today. No reason to do it with the ultimate Beacon shows coming up.

I feel bad for everyone who bothered to go.
27th October 2006 02:51 PM
charlotte no doubt too many outdoor shows even though Austin was perfect, Monday-Friday in NY tending to too much business also, Beacon? I hope not gazza, we all know Mick has about a 3-5 day turn around from a sore throat that causes a cancellation

hopefully it doesn't get out of control tonight, even though I do not blame them...Comrades, keep on drinking!!!
[Edited by charlotte]
27th October 2006 02:51 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT Terrible news. I was just getting ready to leave and I read this on Shidoobee... I went from a high of getting called to be an extra next week to the lowest of lows with this
27th October 2006 02:55 PM
throbby Gazza wrote:

Gutted for everyone. Pauly and Beast had travelled over from London for this show and also were hoping theyd get lucky with Beacon tickets as well. They were told a few days ago that theyd got Rattlesnake Inn VIP passes, so you can imagine how much of an extra disappointment THAT is, considering they miss out on not only the Beacon because they werent allowed to buy tickets, the AC show because of the cancellation but also the possibility of meeting the band.

A real sickener for so many people for whom this may well have been their final show.

Christ, that's a fucking tough break for the guys from London. Here's to hoping they make it into the Beacon.
27th October 2006 02:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:
I feel really bad for Michael Cohl if TomL runs into him this afternoon.

at least every dark cloud has a silver lining....
27th October 2006 02:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Dudes, this was a small capacity show that was not even close to selling out! I was pulling up rows of seats all over the place today. No reason to do it with the ultimate Beacon shows coming up.

Has jb hacked into your pc?
27th October 2006 03:00 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
at least every dark cloud has a silver lining....

There's no use in crying over this. They might as well make the best of it and take their frustrations elsewhere, no?
27th October 2006 03:03 PM
gimmekeef jb's poundin Jack on the short bus from Philly.....
27th October 2006 03:04 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
parmeda wrote:

There's no use in crying over this. They might as well make the best of it and take their frustrations elsewhere, no?

Drink?
Party?
Gamble?
Sex?

Did I leave anything out?
27th October 2006 03:06 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Drink?
Party?
Gamble?
Sex?

Did I leave anything out?

Meg...forget the sex...they've already been screwed!
27th October 2006 03:07 PM
lotsajizz Well...THAT sucked...at least I was only 90 minutes down the road and could turn around when I got the call...I feel bad for those who had to leave earlier and wasted travel time....
27th October 2006 03:08 PM
Gazza Theres an update post on Shidoobee from someone (Lucifer is stoned) who was told by an operator at Boardwalk Hall that the rumours of the show being off are FALSE.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm567.showMessageRange?topicID=181.topic&start=21&stop=29

seems weird though that its been on the radio, Doug was told it and phoned to let people know it was off and I had an e-mail in my inbox an hour or more before the story broke from a regular here who said it was "probably cancelled"

My guess is that the guy at the hall maybe heard the rumours about a possible cancellation and no one told him yet for sure that it was off - but I hope I'm wrong
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)