ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone (never's too late to scare you all, will ya?)
Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November 2006
© GotToRollMe
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CHICAGO SUMMIT UPDATE!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
14th October 2006 08:47 PM
_Boomy_ It was awesome meeting everyone again (and some for the first time).

Great photos. Great times. I miss it already.
14th October 2006 09:29 PM
TomL Wooooooooooo Woooooooooooooo.....................

First a big thanks to our van driver Pete who made it a great day. He picked us up from the hotel then to the Shiddobbe party, to the venue, back to the hotel and then to the Mines. Hat's off to ya.

Nanky picked me up around 7AM wednesady and off to Dulles we went. He was not feeling well so chiba and Jamisons were on the menu. Got into Midway around 10:30 and met Meg, Paula, Got2rollme and Miss Peggy. Arived to the hotel around noon where we went to Kitty O'Sheas and started them flowing. Glencar and Boomy joined us. Pam arrived with a big bag of booze, Woo Woo. I liked sherats comment. Shoulda been there.

We all went back to the room and partied like it was 1969. Pete picked us up and off to the shiddobbee party we went. Got to see Cathy there buit sorry I missed Isabel and Lena. I always forget the guy that passes out the beads name? And was Happy to finally be greeted by Pug. We had some drinks then Pete picked us back up and off to the show. Was pretty chilly but the booze and chiba was within us. Was getting nervous and was hoping SOL would not be played. Saw Pam in the crowd. Show time.

YGMR- great opener, something different.
MM- always great
Sway- we are the Sway team Martha and Meg.
She Was Hot- always a tingle moment when a world first is played.
SOL- I sang my heart out with Meg(Bitch made me)But it was very well done.
Rambler- Hot, Hot, Hot.
YGTS and T&A- I can agree with all the comments passed around but I am going to take it as they are still playing and like everyone else the are human. Keep on Rocking Kieth, till you drop.
UMT instead of Miss you, like Giants was a blessing.

Rest of the show was a standard but was good.

Me Meg, Glencar and Peggy rushed the B. Sound was not that great but we handled it. Percaset Peggy was going wild during SFTD. Bad rotater cuff my ass.

Shows over Pete picks us up on time and on schedule, back to the hotel to freshen up the chiba and vodka. I think we drank all the vodka in Chicago.

All we could talk about was She Was Hot. Off to the Mines we go. Saint of me and Pittsburgh Joe stopped in from Shiddobbee. We partyed till 4 or so and finnally made it back to the hotel around 5 or so, I think.

Up around 11 or so to find me and Nanky to a wake N bake. Then it was off to LJ' room where we did another wake N bake and off to the whrilpool and pool. Meg and Peggy joined us there where we just fucking chilled. By the way fuck was used 2,578 times in two days. Per person. Especally that Peggy, what a wild women. After that we went back to the rooms to Bake and shower. We met at Kitty' O'Sheas again and off to Mortons we went. I think it was me, meg, alan, glencar, boomy(or Bambi as his new name), Got2rollme(Who was a pleasure to meet and a great gal), The Queen, Percaset Peggy, and Mindy.

Dinner was great(at the first Morton's ever) and they had Lobsters as big as your head. I got a rib eye with bone in but they would not let me knaw on it. Al got to have his cigar finnally. And it cured his sickness along with a bottle of wine and Doctor Jack Daniels. I know I am missing a lot of shit but my mind is fading............

Off to Buddy Guys we go after Morton's. The bouncer there thought he saw some chiba and you would of thought Bush was coming. Real fucking jar head. We drank there for awhile, mightnight or so and off to the PJ party we went. Al was feeling real fine so he decided to go back to his favorite place the Mines.

There is not much I can say about the PJ party as it is top secert. Too many people, too much booze, too much chiba. I found all kinda clothes the next morning. Wow. Where did that sheep(with hole and lips) end up. That Meg is a spicy tomale. I think Boomy had a good time as well as glencar. Peggy has the whole thing documented but I doubt if she can de code the shit. The F word was used alot by all but me I behaved. We did laugh alot, which is good for the soul.

Before I forget- Sept 08- Chicago Summit 3 will take place at the Chicago Hilton.

So we wake at 9 or so and it is time to wake N bake agian. Got2roll me stopped by before her early flight and we said our good byes. Great lady. Back to Kittys we go. Sheppards Pie and beer, the best.

Off to the airport where we just made our flight. We got there (gate) at 4:55 and our flight left at 5:05. Thank god it was late. Peggy feed us carmel corn while waiting in line. Meg was so drunk she did not know where she was.

Just re-couping now to write this, but the beers are starting to flow.

What a great fucking time with great fucking people. Money can not buy that. So many memories in so little time. JB you were missed. Joey I thought of Paris's pee pee alot.

Pam- So glad to see you again. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE BOOZE. Wish we could of spent more time together, 08 sister. We'll be back. Stones or no Stones. It's a done deal. I just can't say fuck you enough. Fucker. Hope your friend is ok. LOL Tom.

Miss(Get your blues on)Mindy- Nice rooming with ya and you put bubbles into bubbles. AC sister.

Cathy- Glad I got to see you at O'Mallys wish we had more time, Fucker.

Percaset Peggy- Hat's off to ya sister(Meg your a saint)thanks for the night night pill and all your humor, I laughed my ass off. But I could not tell you were gay. You went both ways at the PJ party.

Glencar- Stay away from guys like us and keep them skys safe. It was a pleasure to have ya at the PJ party. I could not keep up with you, Wow.

Rob/Pittsburgh Joe- Thanks for coming to the Mines. Nice to see you guys again.

Pete/Isabel- Many many thanks. We were sooooooooooooooo happy with what Pete did. We want to schedule him for Sept 08. I can not say thanks enough.

Sherat- loved the statement I would of bit.......

Lena- sorry I missed you. See you in AC.

Got2RollMe- I am so glad you made this decision. I hope it was worth your trip and you made some new friends. I am proud to call you my friend. Don't be so shy next time(AC) come on down. THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE DAY. Gold rings on you.

Pug- Thanks for the greet. Chicago may of not sold out, but the show was awesome.

Gazza/Voo- wish you were there. I still can't believe I sang SOL. I told Meg I was going to piss and she handed me a cup.

Boomy- Was a pleasure and Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoyed the fuck fest. Boy you young guys can go a long time. I know you wanted Peggy but she had eyes for Glencar. Hope to see you soon.

LJ- Boy your having a hard time staying a few more days. Thanks for arranging all this stuff you Buffalo fucker. Thanks for the B-Chips. Did you get that pic of Paris's pee pee? Is was so nice to see you again. Words do not do justice. PERFECT. We will do the same in 08. Four at one time(including Peggy) at the PJ party, WOW. See u in AC.

Meg- So nice to see you again and to be forced to sing SOL. It was good though. Great seats and a world first. You were hot, hot , hot. First time I ever skinny dipped in a bathtub. I can't take no more I have to give you up 2 PA in AC. I'm still trying to figure out how you.......well never mind. LMFAO. Your good people sister. Peggy on the other hand(kidding) what a boat full. I got to say how did your ticket stub get up my anus? Well we will figure that out at the Beacon, cause we are going to be there. See you at the cook out.

Nanky- WOW. I don't know what to say except thank you for every thing. You are the best traveling buddy ever. I am so thankful to have a friend like you, and so close. Shows will come and go but we will be friends forver. Yea I do got one thing to say.............

ONE LOVE, ONE LOVE........................

What a great show and a great time. Looking forwar to 08.

Gald I can not remember all to tell. We did not get Halifaxed but we got Telied.

One thing I will always remember..............

ON A COLD CHICAGO NIGHT................................

14th October 2006 09:59 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Great pix... I miss you! Will try one before it's too late. I'm doing my best to go to Atlantic City as I probably will be attending the Pack Expo in Chicago starting October 29, so I can flight to AC October 27 and then move to Chicago

I predicted this!
Okay, I didn't predict it, but I had a feeling you were gonna show up in AC!
Voodoo, you MUST make it to AC!
And MEG - you too, girl!
This is gonna be goooooood...
14th October 2006 11:11 PM
QueenOfUnderground

Its just a pleasure to play with the whole damn lot of them
- Keith Richards

This is my first post -
I have been hog-tied, mortified, electrified and told I can't come to any more summits until I post - so cheers to MEG for getting me on-board.
-----------------
Notes to all I met at the Windy City Summit:

TomL: pardon me, are you the posterchild who said
"You are a fucking piece of work..." ?

Actually I am Amish-Methodist piece of work, you Fucca!

It was very nice to meet you, TomL. I appreciate how comfortable you made me feel with your group of friends - (you did accept me into your fold (sheep) didn't you - frankly, I think it was just a coincidence that everytime I came around--- the room cleared out).

Mindy and Nanky - s0000o fun. Mindy - I hope you keep up the with your photography - amazing.
Nankey - just like Tom, your twin - you guys are soooooo nice even though your mouths are not. What great great people- maybe some day I can earn your respect as a friend so when I call you on your cell you'll call Me a fuckin'cock on a packed airport shuttle bus - haha.
Appreciate the legal advice, I want to stop the flagrant use of electrical cords and non-adhesives in the presence of drinking fans who may trip, fall and have cut-outs of slats on their knee and hematomas on their butts at Rolling Stones concerts

Parmeda - thank you ever so much for being the grandest host to the Windy city concert - the Vodka and Cranberry juice; van and van driver; pre-planning and follow-through was awesome. Hope to see you again. And, your friend was so nice as well - CowTown owes you

Bambi, I mean Boomie - You are a delight - youth is wasted on the young - but not on you. What a great kid: you crack me up, I negotiated my way to a thread and saw the Bambi picture and knew it was the place to be - loved it. You may be boomer to the rest of RO but you'll always be Bambi to me.
Happy Birthday Bambi, raise your brother Thumper to believe Life is Good - it's the stuff in between that sucks. If he doesn't believe it - buy him the t-shirt - (there's a Life is Good store on that 3 magnificent mile strip of stores)

GotToRollMe- you are awesome. What a brave soul to come from NYC alone and never having met the RO folks in person - what did you say Keith says - 10 gold rings on ya
I did not get to say adios, but hope we can get together again. You are a really nice person with a heart of gold (Neil Young) - wish I had you with me on the episode of "Lost" I had on Michigan Avenue - you would have been better at dealing with meeting Ronnie - instead of my awkward moment!

LadyJane - it was such a pleasure to get to visit with you, talk - and sorry about the painful start to the jammie party - guess flipcharts and pens don't go with Vodka, cranberry and Chiba.
Great to play dress up and go to Morton's; a month of entertainment and memories packed in 3 days - will be a while to digest them all.
Sauna, hot tub and hotel - good pick LadyJane.
Hope Buffalo rebounds to autumn before your buried for the winter months.

GlenCar - It was so much fun to talk with you again - you are great. Wish you could have seen Ronnie at the Artist's Cafe - I really did see him you know -. Guess I cleared him out of the room as well -
There were so many starz in town while we were there it was hard to pick which ones to see, run into, be in search of ------- but at least my episode of "Lost" -------on the magnificent 3 miles in the 20degreewindchillwithnomoneyphonefriendscreditcardthat
Icouldn'taccessbecauseIcouldnotrememberthePINnumberandit
frozeuptheaccountuntilIcalled1-800inIndia-ended with a goofy-Ohio Hello to the only rock star I'll ever see - how pathetic - didn't even get Ronnie's picture - the camera was buried under the Garrett's popcorn - nor his autograph - no paper, pen - let alone flip chart and scented marker!! Take care and keep em flying straight

MEG - you are a great friend - who else would be in a perpetual state of Waiting on A Friend - to get coffee, shower, pack, shop, dress, eat.... puttz, get lost, going to get chai latte or ----anything for that matter and take 3 times as long----- Cheers to MEG the bestest of the best - who else would give me her shoes to wear because mine were Left Behind (under Tom's bed)

Phil - I am so sorry we did not get a chance to say goodbye. Very Glad you suggested I go to Water Tower - if not, I would not have shopped in a great strip of stores - but also a great ending to a bumpy start - as you know I got lost, wandered aimlessly on Michigan Avenue and walked into the Artist Cafe and bumbled out a hearty hello to Ron Wood - god where was my head????
It was great to talk with a dog-person, not everyone likes dogs - some people even eat them don't they GlenCar and TomL I bet dogs can gnaw on a bone at Morty's-----

.......It really was a pleasure to play with the whole fuckin' lot of them.............................
14th October 2006 11:23 PM
TomL Little Queenie- Yes I did say you were a piece of fucking work, but good work. You amaze me. I will see you at the picnic fucker. I told you your screen name should be AmishFucker? It was your shoes we found under the bed in the morning. Did you ever get that carmel corn out your ass???????????

with my deepest love,
tommy
14th October 2006 11:25 PM
_Boomy_ How's that rotator anus?
14th October 2006 11:26 PM
TomL A Bit Nutty
14th October 2006 11:29 PM
GotToRollMe ALRIGHT! Finally jumping into the pool, eh, Queenie?
Welcome to the short bus, baby!
And, like Keith always says...
Gold rings on ya!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
14th October 2006 11:31 PM
_Boomy_ Finally made the leap.

Bambi got back!
14th October 2006 11:33 PM
TomL Good term the short bus. Sometimes it's a two seater.
14th October 2006 11:33 PM
PartyDoll MEG Do you guys believe it...She actually got the nerve...

Of course...she needed a little help figuring out how to navigate..but as you all well know the post is ALL HER!!!!
14th October 2006 11:35 PM
_Boomy_ What I want to know is:

Did she ever find her ear-ring? She asked me if I had a flashlight.

I told her, "Yeah". Who doesn't carry around a flashlight while he/she is out of town?
14th October 2006 11:36 PM
QueenOfUnderground
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
ALRIGHT! Finally jumping into the pool, eh, Queenie?
Welcome to the short bus, baby!
And. like Keith always says...
Gold rings on ya!

I did it!!! MEG helped me with what to hit to respond
This is great - thanks for the welcome
TomL Oh we know it's all her. How are ya darling?
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Fucking WOW!

Two weeks!
Not even!
One week and six days!
Woohoo!
14th October 2006 11:37 PM
QueenOfUnderground
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
What I want to know is:

Did she ever find her ear-ring? She asked me if I had a flashlight.

I told her, "Yeah". Who doesn't carry around a flashlight while he/she is out of town?

The EverReady man carries a flashlight.
I never found my new bauble - I think it is in a crevice somewhere
14th October 2006 11:37 PM
TomL I forgot you had to be the conductor Boomy.
14th October 2006 11:40 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
QueenOfUnderground wrote:

The EverReady man carries a flashlight.
I never found my new bauble - I think it is in a crevice somewhere

I ain't touchin' that one.
I'll leave it to Tom.
LOL!
14th October 2006 11:41 PM
_Boomy_ Did you keep the notepad?

I told you to type up the session so that copious quotes could be possibly used. Put it in a PowerPoint....I know you like that.

Wait.....maybe not. We don't need to talk about the "long and hard" apsaragus/asparagui fron Morton's anymore. Or was it the "a-spare-guy"?
14th October 2006 11:43 PM
QueenOfUnderground
quote:
TomL wrote:
Oh we know it's all her. How are ya darling?

I did it Tom - my first time - it was a thrill, better than warm carmel corn from Garrett's on a windy chi-town night

Chicago is the first time I had a real laugh in many years.
I hope your anal sphincter rotator is okey-dokey - the cold nights can cause flare ups and perky-cets are only cure.
My rotator has flared up with the recent 'perfect fall' you witnessed - looked away and acted like it didn't happened - you should see the babooska on my a--s
14th October 2006 11:43 PM
TomL "Tell me one interesting thing about yourself that no one knows......."

Figure out this one- who said. I eat dogs?
14th October 2006 11:44 PM
_Boomy_ LOL
14th October 2006 11:45 PM
PartyDoll MEG Jeez....QueenOfUnderground spends 3 days with RO nuts and look what happens...

14th October 2006 11:48 PM
TomL quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TomL wrote:
Oh we know it's all her. How are ya darling?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did it Tom - my first time - it was a thrill, better than warm carmel corn from Garrett's on a windy chi-town night

Chicago is the first time I had a real laugh in many years.
I hope your anal sphincter rotator is okey-dokey - the cold nights can cause flare ups and perky-cets are only cure.
My rotator has flared up with the recent 'perfect fall' you witnessed - looked away and acted like it didn't happened - you should see the babooska on my a--s

Good, laughing it what it is all about. If your anus is rotating have you ever tryed sticking a philly cheese steak up it? Not bad.
14th October 2006 11:51 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Did you keep the notepad?

I told you to type up the session so that copious quotes could be possibly used. Put it in a PowerPoint....I know you like that.

Wait.....maybe not. We don't need to talk about the "long and hard" apsaragus/asparagui fron Morton's anymore. Or was it the "a-spare-guy"?

Oh, yes we do... and it was "stiff and long asparaguy" I do believe.... and the words skinny and fat were also tossed about

She has a wealth of potential RO quotes on that notepad flip chart of hers.. and I bet we hear them all eventually.

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
14th October 2006 11:52 PM
QueenOfUnderground
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Did you keep the notepad?

One spear not two - so yes, asparaguy

I found the notes and they are in front of me now.
Just a few nuggets:

God, Tom may be right - what the h--l was in the Chiba and vodka - I wrote nonsensical words -

Meg - couldn't touch when she was in the pool (HUH?????)
Al - congestion - rub toe pads
Bambi and Thumper (that's all she wrote - its just scrawled mindlessly across the page)
asparagus should be steamed to maintain firmness and color
Tom I think this is for you:
Boen in A Box
Suck a Bone
Gnaw a Bone when you can;t suck a bone
Good god, what was in the meat at Morty's???
Glennt eats dogs because of the 1920's.......
Someone is a peace of work
8 inch stiff and hard aspargus cooked, steamed with hollaindaise sauce
Negligence because had duty in cold weather to provide attn to adhesives

snoop boomie boom bambi - this requires a massive ppt. presentation - you are right
more to come

14th October 2006 11:53 PM
_Boomy_ Great. I'm waiting with anticipation.

And I do remember who said "I eat dogs!" - LOL

14th October 2006 11:54 PM
TomL Oh dear sweet queenie......not the notes.
15th October 2006 02:01 AM
TomL One thing left to say..............

SHE WAS HOT
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

New York was cold and damp
TV is just a blank
Looks like another dead end Sunday

What about an early night
Monday never feels so bright
Ooh the sheets feel cold and lonely

Who wants to brave the pouring rain
For a glass of French champagne?
Well grab a cab, grab a cap and baby, come right by

And she was hot - as she kissed my mouth
She was hot - as I wiped her brow
She was hot - she pinned me to the ground
She was quick - she knew her way around
She was hot - as she tore my clothes
She was hot - she had no place to go
She was hot - on a cold and rainy night

Detroit was smoky grey
Nothing like the good old days
Well I got a fever that I'm fighting

I don't need your company
Leave me in my misery
I can take the rebound just like lightning

And she was hot - in a 50's dress
She was hot - her lips were flashing red
I was lost - in her burning flesh
I was hot - I was dripping sweat
She was hot - in the Detroit snow
She was hot - she had no place to go

And she was hot - and I had the blues
She was hot - honey, where were you?
If you were in my shoes
You would be excused
She was hot - you can never wait
She was hot - never hesitate

I think I'm going off the rails
Riding down the pleasure trails
I was taking passion where you find it

Honey when you were young and fresh
And you need the touch of your flesh
Go take the treasure where you find it

And she was hot - in the melted snow
She was hot - in the molten glow
She was hot - she got it in the blood
She was hot - like the dam that bursts
She was black - she was strong and true
She was black - and her eyes were blue
She was lost - and she took a chance
At just a brief romance

Down the avenue into the lost bayou
Into the tall bamboo, back to the human zoo
I wish you all the best, I hope we meet again
On a cold Chicago night

She was hot
She was hot
She was hot hot hot
She was hot hot hot.........

15th October 2006 08:34 AM
Bitch Wow you guys had a fvcking awesome time in Chicago! I've said this before and I'll say it again, STONES PEOPLE ARE THE BEST PEOPLE!

Some of the best times in my life have revolved around Stones concerts! Hope to meet and party with you in AC! Looking forward to it!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)