ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone (never's too late to scare you all, will ya?)
Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November 2006
© GotToRollMe
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CHICAGO SUMMIT UPDATE!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
23rd October 2006 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

At Mortons, the minimum acceptable tip is 20%, plus at least $20 to the Wine Steward ($10 if your bottle of wine was less than $50)

We went to Mortons a couple of weeks back and found the Cajun Ribeye was very good, although we were a bit disappointed that due to the spinach crisis, we were unable to order a few of our favorite sides.

Be careful, eating like that will cause a stroke!!!
23rd October 2006 12:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Be careful, eating like that will cause a stroke!!!

Not likely, those who are stressed while figuring out how to cover the bill are at the highest risk.
23rd October 2006 12:05 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

I would have picked it up with very little damage to my wallet...sorry I missed out!!!

Me too! You would have thoroughly enjoyed it, JB.
Steak and taters...can't beat it!
23rd October 2006 12:07 PM
jb Mortons in Boca is excellent as well. I enjoy it a few times a year. The chocolate souflet(sic) is to die for!@!!
23rd October 2006 12:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Mortons in Boca is excellent as well. I enjoy it a few times a year. The chocolate souflet(sic) is to die for!@!!

I prefer the Godiva Chocolate cake, you must order it when you order your dinner as it takes approximately 60 minutes to prepare!

Sadly, I fear you are not getting the best steak you can though Josh....Boca Raton is not what one would call "Steak Country". I advice trying one in Chicago!
23rd October 2006 12:11 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I prefer the Godiva Chocolate cake, you must order it when you order your dinner as it takes approximately 60 minutes to prepare!

Sadly, I fear you are not getting the best steak you can though Josh....Boca Raton is not what one would call "Steak Country". I advice trying one in Chicago!

That's what I was referring to..it is prepared as a souflet....and Boca has the finest restaurants in S. Fla..probably as good if not better than Chicago.
23rd October 2006 12:13 PM
Saint Sway fascinating stuff

there should be at least 1 or 2 "appreciation threads" dedictated to this thread
23rd October 2006 12:16 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
fascinating stuff

there should be at least 1 or 2 "appreciation threads" dedictated to this thread

You have become nothing but JB and Pug's flamboyantly faggoty sidekick...

23rd October 2006 12:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You have become nothing but JB and Pug's flamboyantly faggoty sidekick...

will you take me antiquing?
23rd October 2006 12:39 PM
LadyJane This thread MUST hit 500!!!!!

I could post the 24 pics I took in and around hotel.

No Summiteers...just background.

LJ.
23rd October 2006 12:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

That's what I was referring to..it is prepared as a souflet....and Boca has the finest restaurants in S. Fla..probably as good if not better than Chicago.

For seafood, yes...for Steaks/Chops/Pasta....I will disagree, but would love to be proven wrong. Plan a trip to Chicago with the family and we will show you good food chicago style!
23rd October 2006 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

For seafood, yes...for Steaks/Chops/Pasta....I will disagree, but would love to be proven wrong. Plan a trip to Chicago with the family and we will show you good food chicago style!

I will not be able to travel to Chicago anytime before 2014.
[Edited by jb]
23rd October 2006 12:54 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I gotta admit, I've eaten at some of the finest restaurants in Manhattan, but that filet mignon at Morton's was without a doubt the best piece of steak I've ever had, bar none.
I still maintain that NYC has it over Chicago, pizza-wise, though.
23rd October 2006 01:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I gotta admit, I've eaten at some of the finest restaurants in Manhattan, but that filet mignon at Morton's was without a doubt the best piece of steak I've ever had, bar none.

Michael Scott prefers "S'Barros" pizza while in New York.

I like NY pizza, but not in the same class as a good Chicago pizza.
23rd October 2006 01:01 PM
jb Chicago is overrated-just like Oprah.
23rd October 2006 01:20 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Michael Scott prefers "S'Barros" pizza while in New York.

I like NY pizza, but not in the same class as a good Chicago pizza.

Good lord. Sbarro's is a step up from a piece of tomato-topped cardboard. A very tiny step up.
23rd October 2006 02:32 PM
Joey " I will not be able to travel to Chicago anytime before 2014. "

Funny !

23rd October 2006 02:57 PM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I detest Chicago pizza. Boringfuckingboring!!!!! Best pizza's from a lil borough known as Da Bronx. It doesn't get any better than there.
23rd October 2006 02:59 PM
Some Guy Dominos Sux!
23rd October 2006 03:00 PM
glencar Ya know, if Saint sway is Puggy's faggoty sidekick, that leaves you as Ten Thou Motels faggoty sidekick. Is that something you've always aspired to?
23rd October 2006 03:10 PM
Some Guy Pizza Hut blows.
23rd October 2006 03:19 PM
Saint Sway apparently theres a lot of Ambiguously Gay Duos here
23rd October 2006 03:56 PM
SheRat
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Oh and I almost forgot. The only other "photographic evidence" of the first RO PJ Party. We do have "hand written notes" of the proceedings

Participants: Meg, Glencar,LJ Bambi, and TomL

Howe many of you are wearing Stones pajama bottoms in this picture?
23rd October 2006 04:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I detest Chicago pizza. Boringfuckingboring!!!!! Best pizza's from a lil borough known as Da Bronx. It doesn't get any better than there.

I ate at the "Chicago Brick Oven Pizza and Grinders" a few weeks back before the wife and I met some friends to see a performance at "Second City". We were disgusted with the food. An awful represenation of Brick oven pizza. Those tomatoes should be ashamed of themselves!!!

I prefer stuff Pizza from Lou Malnattis and Thin Crust from Aurelios.
23rd October 2006 04:26 PM
pdog
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Looks like 4, Blue forgot his!
23rd October 2006 04:33 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

Looks like 4, Blue forgot his!

You are correct.

Ahem....I'll be bringing mine to AC.

Yous???

LJ.
23rd October 2006 04:38 PM
SheRat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I ate at the "Chicago Brick Oven Pizza and Grinders" a few weeks back before the wife and I met some friends to see a performance at "Second City". We were disgusted with the food. An awful represenation of Brick oven pizza. Those tomatoes should be ashamed of themselves!!!

I prefer stuff Pizza from Lou Malnattis and Thin Crust from Aurelios.

I don't understand what it is about Lou Malnotti's. My dad and bro love it, but I think it's boring. And when they made a big deal out of introducing my husband to it a couple weeks ago when we were in Chicago, my husband didn't think it was all that either.

The best deep dish I've ever had is at Leona's on Sheridan and Morse in Roger's Park.
23rd October 2006 04:42 PM
nanatod
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
that filet mignon at Morton's was without a doubt the best piece of steak I've ever had.

Morton's, now a chain, was originally owned by Arnie Morton. The menu and food at his first restaurant, "Arnie's" was more varied and even better than Morton's.

When they co-existed in Newberry Plaza, we would usually go to Arnie's, because he supervised the house personally, and only once in a while would we go to Morton's.
23rd October 2006 04:52 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

You are correct.

Ahem....I'll be bringing mine to AC.

Yous???

LJ.

I'm bringing mines...they're very comfy!
23rd October 2006 04:55 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Too bad you can't see Tom's pillowcase in that pic! Black with Stones tongue logo! Nice!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)