ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Pauline!
Thanks thejuf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: special Black Crowes Halloween "On Stage" seats & surprise act! (NSC) Return to archive
October 31st, 2005 02:22 PM
Saint Sway in a slight twist to the Stones "On Stage" seating gimmick, tonite in Chicago The Black Crowes will award ten lucky fans to join the band on stage. And thats on stage. Not 20 feet above and behind the stage. And luckily they don't cost the price of a Rolex.

but the best part of the show will be the surprise opening act... BC/DC!!!
So I advise anyone going tonite in Chicago should get there early. Pug?

-------------

heres the official msg from their site:

FREAK N ROLL ON HALLOWEEN WITH THE BLACK CROWES!!

ON OCTOBER 31ST THE BLACK CROWES WILL BE HOSTING OUR FIRST OFFICIAL HALLOWEEN "FREAK N ROLL" COSTUME CONTEST!

TEN COSTUMED AMORICANS WILL BE SELECTED TO MEET THE BAND & JOIN THE BAND ON STAGE. FROM THE TEN FINALISTS, THE BAND WILL SELECT A WINNER WHO WILL BE AWARDED WITH OUR OFFICIAL, "BEST COSTUME OF 2005" TROPHY!

IF YOU PLAN TO PARTICIPATE, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO ARRIVE EARLY. THE TEN FINALISTS WILL BE SELECTED FROM THE AUDIENCE PRIOR TO THE START OF THE SHOW.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!

PEACE....
October 31st, 2005 02:49 PM
voodoopug I will be taking my son out trick or treating....thanks for the heads up though. I seen the Crowes once this year already, they were good, but not worth me spending money to see them again just a few months later...maybe next year or later.

Enjoy to all who attend tonite!
October 31st, 2005 02:50 PM
glencar BORING!!!
October 31st, 2005 02:51 PM
glencar Uh, not you Puggy, I meant the flame bait above.
October 31st, 2005 03:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Uh, not you Puggy, I meant the flame bait above.

you are one of the top tier posters on this board glencar, and an extemely kind member too (thanks again!) I knew exactly what you meant....and look, even I took the high road! I am sure my son will not be thrilled being paraded around in a bugs bunny suit, and neither will my pug, as Jagger will be going as Eminem (the only costume that still fits him is his hooded sweatshirt, we havent dressed him up since he was a pup!)
October 31st, 2005 03:14 PM
glencar I bet he sings better than the real Eminem!
October 31st, 2005 03:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I bet he sings better than the real Eminem!

Thats why I named him Jagger
October 31st, 2005 05:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
BORING!!!

there is nothing boring about a band donning Angus Young school boy outfits for their Halloween show and treating its fans to a short set of kick ass AC/DC songs

nor was it "boring" on a previous Halloween show when they called themselves Jelly Donut and took the stage in Elvis jumpsuits and pompadours and boogied thru a bunch of The King's classics.

its fun. And sit hows that they dont take themselves too seriously. And that they want the evening to be a fun time and a special event for them and their fans.

boring is when the singer takes the stage in lame black mask on Halloween and plays the same set they play every night

[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 31st, 2005 05:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

there is nothing boring about a band donning Angus Young school boy outfits for their Halloween show and treating its fans to a short set of kick ass AC/DC songs

nor was it "boring" when they called themselves Jelly Donut and took the stage in Elvis jumpsuits and pompadours and boogied thru a bunch of The King's classics.

its fun. And sit hows that they dont take themselves too seriously. And that they want the evening to be a fun time and a special event for them and their fans.

boring is when the singer takes the stage in lame black mask on Halloween and plays the same set they play every night

the winner of the LA Halloween Howl costume contest:

Pugs Show Off In Halloween Dog Show
'Pug-Vader' Crowd Favorite

POSTED: 8:01 am CST October 31, 2005
UPDATED: 8:05 am CST October 31, 2005

BURBANK, Calif. -- A few tricks and a lot of treats were on hand at a unique fundraising fashion show this weekend.

The 12th annual Halloween Howl was held Sunday in Burbank, Calif.

Pugs dressed in their Halloween best and hopped on stage for a fashion show.

"Pug-Vader" was a crowd favorite, although he didn't seem to enjoy wearing his helmet.

Other costumes included "pug-enstein" and "pug-Zorro."

All money raised at the event went to the Little Angels Pug Rescue organization.
October 31st, 2005 05:05 PM
Saint Sway Pug Radar is awesome!
October 31st, 2005 05:53 PM
ResidentMule hey sway ever get the tape for that second philly show by the crowes?
October 31st, 2005 07:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

nor was it "boring" on a previous Halloween show when they called themselves Jelly Donut and took the stage in Elvis jumpsuits and pompadours and boogied thru a bunch of The King's classics.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

You missed the point. BORING!!! is when you start another thread about how great the BC's are compared to the Rolling Stones. They're fine but they're not able to hold a candle to the originals & that's a fact, jack!
October 31st, 2005 08:20 PM
Saint Sway Glencar,
where'd I say that? Just talking about the cool Crowes show tonight. Not in anyway saying they are greater than the Stones. Relax dude. Everyone knows the Stones are the greatest.

Mule,
pm me your addy

[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 31st, 2005 08:50 PM
glencar Sorry for the overreaction...
October 31st, 2005 11:12 PM
ResidentMule sway you should have a PM
November 1st, 2005 04:58 PM
Saint Sway for those interested... heres how Halloween With The Black Crowes went down...

The Black Crowes
October 31, 2005 - Riviera Theater - Chicago, IL [ USA ]

COMPLETE S E T L I S T :

- Opening Set (As "BC/DC" dressed up in Angus Young school boy outfits) -
Rock N Roll Damnation
Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
Highway To Hell

- Set One -
Evil Eye
Midnight From The Inside Out
No Speak No Slave
Tied Up And Swallowed
Sister Luck
Nebekanezer
High Head Blues
Jam -> Black Moon Creeping
Long Long Long (Beatles)
Jam -> Thorn In My Pride

- Set Two (Costume Contest Awards) -
Dreams (Allman Bros)
Song of Love (Stephen Stills)
Title Song
LA (Neil Young)
Feathers
Downtown Money Waster -> Jam
Share the Ride ->
Mellow Down Easy (Willie Dixon)
Jealous Again
Remedy
- encore -
Shake Your Money Maker (Elmore James)
November 1st, 2005 05:06 PM
full moon Right on!! The Crowes are great. I have been trying to get the recent Instant Lives. What the fuck is wrong with them?????????
November 1st, 2005 05:14 PM
Saint Sway Instant Live is great when you buy it AT THE SHOW. However, I've been hearing reports of fans having problems getting there greasy hands on em. Either the show they want is sold out and no longer available or the wait to get them thru the mail is a few weeks - which sort of negates the whole "instant" part. Best bet is get it at the show or have a friend in attendance get it, that way you are guaranteed a copy.

of course, Crowes have an open taping policy at all shows, so if you ask around you should be able to find whatever you're looking for.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)