ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Pauline!
Thanks thejuf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh No Not You Again - inspired by Dave Stewart ?! Return to archive
October 31st, 2005 09:03 AM
gotdablouse Strange that Dave Stewart (of Eurythmics and er...Alfie fame) did not get a credit on "Oh No Not you Again" as there is a song with that exact title on his 1995 album "Greeting from the Gutter" ( http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:fmdjylkoxpeb) and that the chorus is...well identical ! Maybe that's why it didn't get released as a single other than using the F word of course.

Check out the song here

One possibility is that Mick came across that song/title when sifting though old tracks for Alfie and made a mental note of it...so it came out handy when Keith arrived at his "home studio" for the ABB sessions.

In another bizarre twist, as noted by Soldatti last year, one of the singles of that album had a b-side called "Blind Leading the Blind" http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/tcw/1995.htm ! To round it up, I believe Mick sang backup on "Heart of Stone" the first strack of that CD.
[Edited by gotdablouse]
[Edited by gotdablouse]
October 31st, 2005 09:13 AM
Jumacfly interesting point.
I will check it tonight.I m at work right now....
October 31st, 2005 09:36 AM
glencar I didn't even know Stewart had a solo career! Nice find!
October 31st, 2005 12:26 PM
texile i knew about blind leading the blind - is it the same song or just same title?
October 31st, 2005 01:02 PM
Bruno Stone I read in a magazine a stupid review saying ONNYA was inspired by Luciana Gimenez (Morad), what a bullshit, just because he´s brazilian a so are Luciana, the song is about her...
October 31st, 2005 06:13 PM
Soldatti Well, Dave Stewart is on the ABB credits. I'm sure that he did some pre-production in a couple of tunes.
October 31st, 2005 07:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
I read in a magazine a stupid review saying ONNYA was inspired by Luciana Gimenez (Morad), what a bullshit, just because he´s brazilian a so are Luciana, the song is about her...

Has Mick said who inspired this song?
October 31st, 2005 07:39 PM
texile sounds like an old thorn in his side........
and that could be anyone - because i'm biased AND bored, i'd like to think its bianca - 'it was bad the first time, when you turned me inside out..oh NOOOOO!' it's a funny song.... who knows - its fun to guess though because he's so cryptic when the song actually IS about someone.
jagger fucks alot but there are very few women who actually get enough of a rise out of him to inspire a song.....well not that kind of rise but........
was blind leading the blind a complete song on stewart's cd?
October 31st, 2005 08:12 PM
Mel Belli Interesting find. Stewart's ONNYA is pretty distinct, more Pink Floyd/Bowie than Stones. But oddly enough the chords are similar...
October 31st, 2005 08:26 PM
Saint Sway remember the good old days when the Stones nicked songs from the likes of Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry and Jimmy Reed?

what is Mick even doing listening/hanging out with/writing with/etc with the douchesponge from Eurythmics?
October 31st, 2005 09:22 PM
Neocon
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
remember the good old days when the Stones nicked songs from the likes of Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry and Jimmy Reed?

what is Mick even doing listening/hanging out with/writing with/etc with the douchesponge from Eurythmics?

Mick's knighthood has him distancing himself from the old blues and Keith types, to more British refined and recursive types preferred by the queen. Very small cock....
November 1st, 2005 06:40 AM
padre Just listened Brian Setzer's Live Nude Guitars last weekend after a long while and noticed that Dave Stewart produced it. It sounds like shit. Then I remembered Mick's solo stuff. I started to wonder if mr. Stewart has ever done any good for any rock artist's career?
November 1st, 2005 08:25 AM
Jair
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
I read in a magazine a stupid review saying ONNYA was inspired by Luciana Gimenez (Morad), what a bullshit, just because he´s brazilian a so are Luciana, the song is about her...

I read the same shit all around Brazilian papers.
Onnya AND Biggest Mistake.
Wow, what honor to her, huh?

November 1st, 2005 12:18 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
remember the good old days when the Stones nicked songs from the likes of Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry and Jimmy Reed?

sad isn't it?
that whole brit/rockstar/social butterfly clique he hangs around with.....all chronicled in the pages of hello magazine- disturbs me..
stewart is the lamest, blandest, new age-affiliated example of that ilk.
he needs to move back to NYC
November 1st, 2005 04:07 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Jair wrote:

I read the same shit all around Brazilian papers.
Onnya AND Biggest Mistake.
Wow, what honor to her, huh?

Hahaha, if is true.... 2 nice songs

LUCIANA É UMA GOSTOSA!
November 1st, 2005 09:26 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Interesting find. Stewart's ONNYA is pretty distinct, more Pink Floyd/Bowie than Stones. But oddly enough the chords are similar...

Yes the chords are close aren't they...again I think Mick came across that song when they revived "Blind Leading the Blind" from these '94/'95 sessions and probably took a couple of notes...naughty Mick. It certainly should have gotten DS some kind of credit, much more so IMHO than the "ASMB" co-credit fiasco in '97, I guess the difference here is that it wasn't a hit like "Constant Craving" was in its day.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)