ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Pauline!
Thanks thejuf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Danzig with Doyle at the Universal Amphitheatre 10/29/05 Return to archive
October 30th, 2005 02:43 PM
Dan Okay someone wanted a review

Never seriously considered this gig until a few days ago when I was pulling multiple tickets in the first few rows. There were comps all over the place so I picked one up for 5 bucks. Was a big fan the first few albums but never got a chance to see him. Lost all interest when he fired the band. However, Doyle's presence made it a bit more interesting than it had been the past few years.

Didn't want to deal with all the openers, luckily there are decent bars and restaraunts all over citywalk.

Danzig's voice is pretty thrashed but the vocals were turned up really loud. Guitar sound was great and also Doyle was really turned up. My seat was under the overhang so I moved up to the front row of the balcony where there were about 20 people scattered around.

Glenn is about due to get knocked out again since he called the lighting guy an idiot, an asshole and a stupid faggot. The only song I really missed was Long Way Back From Hell. He did Brand New God off Danzig 4 which he said Doyle wanted to do.

Pit was really wild during the Misfits set.

Setlist:

* with Doyle

Wotan's Procession (taped intro)
Skin Carver
Satan's Child
I Luciferi
Circle Of Snakes
1,000 Devils Reign
How The Gods Kill
Not Of This World (massive spike here)
Goin' Down To Die
Her Black Wings
20 Eyes*
Astro Zombies*
Skulls*
Mommy Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight*
Earth A.D.*
Last Caress*
We Are 138*
Bringer Of Death
Twist Of Cain
Mother
----
Brand New God*
Die Die My Darling*
October 30th, 2005 03:19 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Dan wrote:
Was a big fan the first few albums but never got a chance to see him. Lost all interest when he fired the band.

dat was a great band he had.
October 31st, 2005 12:15 AM
Vinyl kills love the MISFITS and I dig DANZIG but SAMHAIN is where it's at!
October 31st, 2005 11:44 AM
JuanTCB Amen, Vinyl Kills - I got "Halloween II" off November Coming Fire cranking now.

Sucks to hear that Glenn's voice is shot. He's got one of the all-time great rock n' roll throats.

How was Doyle's guitar playing? I avoided the whole reconstituted "Misfits" comebacks over the last ten years or so, so I've got no idea if he's finally learned to play or not. Some of those old 'Fits boots are painful to listen to - 5 minutes of screeching feedback between songs as the young Doyle tried - and generally failed - to tune his axe.

That said, my favorite line-up was the Mr. Jim/Franche Coma one that did the Static Age record - some of the best and coolest music I've ever heard. Killer guitar, too.
October 31st, 2005 09:28 PM
Vinyl kills Indeed Juan! SAMHAIN is truly something. The song "ARCHANGEL" has to be one of the best songs ever written.
October 31st, 2005 09:48 PM
Dan I still have November Coming Fire on cassette, earlier this month listened to it 20-30 consecutive times in walkmen. Once a year I listen to it a week or two straight. Truly amazing stuff.
November 1st, 2005 12:31 PM
Vinyl kills Get their box set!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)