ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Pauline!
Thanks thejuf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jerry Lee Lewis rocks Cash tribute Return to archive
October 30th, 2005 06:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Jerry Lee Lewis rocks Cash tribute
By Beth Harris

The Associated Press
Oct 29, 2005

LOS ANGELES — Jerry Lee Lewis stole the show from Norah Jones and Kid Rock when the musicians performed at a taping of a Johnny Cash tribute.

Lewis teamed with Kid Rock on the Cash classic "I Walk the Line." An upcoming biopic that goes by a similar name and stars Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon will be released in theaters Nov. 18.

Lewis later returned to the stage of the Pantages Theater in Hollywood, where the performances were taped Tuesday night for "I Walk the Line: A Night for Johnny Cash," airing Nov. 16 on CBS.

Waiting for stagehands to make adjustments, a few fans yelled out to Lewis to perform his hit "Great Balls of Fire."

"I know what you'd like to hear. I know what I'd like to do," said the 70-year-old singer. "They got me down for a little bit lower key."

To entertain the restless crowd, Lewis started in on "Will the Circle Be Unbroken." After a few verses, the stage crew cut him off and the audience booed.

It was just a false start, though. Once the cameras were ready, Lewis played the entire song, with the crowd on its feet, clapping and singing along.

"I guess that was a take," Lewis said, smiling.

Jones was accompanied by Phoenix on guitar as she sang "Home of the Blues." Kris Kristofferson and Jones sang "Guess Things Happen That Way."

Shooter Jennings and his mother, Jessi Colter, who was married to Waylon Jennings, teamed up for a rollicking version of "Jackson." Other performers tackling Cash tunes were Martina McBride, Allison Krauss and Dwight Yoakam.

Also on the show are Sheryl Crow, Coldplay, U2, Brad Paisley and Montgomery Gentry.

It's the second time the network has organized a music special tied to a major movie. CBS also promoted Jamie Foxx's Oscar-winning portrayal of Ray Charles with a star-studded tribute show.
October 30th, 2005 10:10 AM
gimmekeef Loved Cash...but jeeez can someone tell Kid Rock and Crow to get their own lives please.Every friggin tribute has these 2 hangin round for no apparent reason....
October 30th, 2005 02:35 PM
JOHNNYSTONED when is the jerry lee lewis cd coming out with the stones on it?
October 30th, 2005 03:22 PM
Nellcote The Jerry Lee CD has been bumped to February '06
October 31st, 2005 04:49 AM
Gazza I hope its not a posthumous release

On the Willie Nelson "outlaws and angels" show last year he looked like he'd just been exhumed

Good to see he seemed a bit fresher on the Cash tribute (how many Johnny Cash tribute shows is that now - anyone keeping count?)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)