ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Pauline!
Thanks thejuf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Live Songs Over Last 3 Tours Return to archive
October 28th, 2005 08:18 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I would say

1 Out of Control
2 Beast of Burden
3 Like a Rolling Stone

What say you?
October 28th, 2005 09:04 AM
marko Out of control
October 28th, 2005 09:07 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I have to say that Out of control is one of my least favourite studio songs. But when it comes to live, that one song showed me that the stones are the most rocking band in the world. Yesterday, today and tomorrows to come.

Removed all doubt
October 28th, 2005 09:19 AM
Jumacfly 1/Worried about you
2/ Beast of Burden
3/ she's so cold
October 28th, 2005 09:21 AM
twicks1 "Midnight Rambler" and "All Down The Line" have been consistently great.
October 28th, 2005 09:31 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I have siad it before. The only reason I bought Live Licks was for the versions of Beast and Worried About You.
October 28th, 2005 09:45 AM
Joey

Waiting on a Friend ( 1997 -- St. Louis )

October 28th, 2005 09:49 AM
The Wick I'm gonna go one tour back and say Not Fade Away from VL- the greatest opener ever.
October 28th, 2005 10:05 AM
Joey
quote:
The Wick wrote:
I'm gonna go one tour back and say Not Fade Away from VL- the greatest opener ever.

Nine !!!!!

NINEA !!!!

A terrible opener ( boring ) that failed to stimulate the crowd into a frothy frenzy !!!!!!
October 28th, 2005 10:17 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think the best opener the stones ever used was

Under My Thumb in the early 80s
October 28th, 2005 10:35 AM
The Wick
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nine !!!!!

NINEA !!!!

A terrible opener ( boring ) that failed to stimulate the crowd into a frothy frenzy !!!!!!

The girl I was with was frothing all over the place, but that may have had to do more with the size of my member.
October 28th, 2005 10:41 AM
Gazza Voodoo Lounge - maybe Monkey Man, Heartbreaker (plus the 3-song acoustic set on the Miami PPV show) and Its All Over Now
Bridges - Little Queenie, Out Of Control
Licks - Thats How Strong My Love Is, CYHMK and (on the few occasions they played it), Heart Of Stone

The notable similarity is that all were songs that they had never played live before or else hadnt played in decades

For a not dissimilar reason, I cant think of anything on the current tour that stands out as easily apart from Night Time and Mr Pitiful.

they should consider the 'pleasures of the fresh' more often
October 28th, 2005 10:52 AM
gimmekeef I really like "Wanna Hold You" from the St Louis PPV in 97 killer interplay between Keith and Ronnie.For me its the rare tunes like Get Off My Cloud which I heard here in Atlanta.They just sound better because to Gazza's point they're "fresh"
October 28th, 2005 11:03 AM
Saint Sway Out Of Control
such a tour de force. Just amazing live and really shows off how good they are.

Worried About You
This is so good and gets such a good reaction it should be made a staple. Play it every night! Its the highlight of the Live Licks albums.

Jumpin Jack Flash & Midnight Rambler
its simple inconcievable, unbelievable and downright fucking amazing how every single time I hear either of these worn out war horses I am consistently blown away and awestruck at how amazing they kick the crap out of these live. Every night these two songs are the proof of who TWGR&R band is. Keith is fucking animal every night on Flash.

honorable mentions...
Thats How Strong My Love Is, All Down The Line, Night Time, GUSU, Black Limo, Whip Comes Down, Shes So Cold, If You Cant Rock Me, Dance!! YCAGWYW, Satisfaction and of course, Gimme Shelter.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 28th, 2005 11:13 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT Crazy Mama (1997)
CYHMK (2002/3)
Jig Saw Puzzle... coming soon.
[Edited by eXiLe oN 2nD sT]
October 28th, 2005 11:29 AM
gimmekeef Where is Omaha?...Are the Stones going there??.....this a private show just for Joey???....to be continued with a pic of Johnny Carson I'm sure!!!!
October 28th, 2005 11:43 AM
Jumping Jack 94 Monkey Man
02 If You Can't Rock Me
05 Bitch
October 28th, 2005 11:55 AM
Moonisup nearness, rambler and brown sugar (since 2002)
October 28th, 2005 12:00 PM
voodoopug Shes So Cold
Moonlight Mile
CYHMK
October 28th, 2005 12:05 PM
Joey
" Where is Omaha?...Are the Stones going there??"

YES SIR !!!

" to be continued with a pic of Johnny Carson I'm sure!!!!"

October 28th, 2005 12:06 PM
erikjjf Out Of Control
Midnight Rambler
Monkey Man
October 28th, 2005 12:33 PM
BILL PERKS MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
SOME GIRLS
IF YOU CANT ROCK ME
October 28th, 2005 02:59 PM
Gimme Shelter Gimme Shelter
October 28th, 2005 05:47 PM
mmdog
Sway nails it with JJF and Midnight Rambler. I really don't consider MR to be a warhorse. In North America they didn't play it during Voodoo or Bridges at all. So that Hardly makes it a warhorse. It's hard to pick a third, but here's some of my other favorites.

Satisfaction
She's So Cold
Sister Morphine
The Last Time
19th Nervous Breakdown
Oh No Not You Again
Some Girls
Wanna Hold You

And just because I have always dug it, while many are seemingly disturbed by it:

You Got Me Rocking
October 28th, 2005 06:01 PM
mmdog
Bill Perks reminded me of If You Cant Rock Me. A better way is to pick the defining four songs of each tour.

Bridges To Babylon 1997-98

19th Nervous Breakdown
The Last Time
Wanna Hold You
Saint Of Me

No Security 99

Some Girls
Midnight Rambler
Jumpin Jack Flash
Route 66/Moonlight Mile

Licks 02-03

If You Can't Rock Me
Can't You Me Knocking
Midnight Rambler
Going To a Go-Go(Lot's of songs could go here)
October 28th, 2005 08:03 PM
Soldatti Saint Of Me (1998)
Oh No Not You Again (2005)
Midnight Rambler (2002-2005)
October 29th, 2005 04:35 PM
tumbling dice
Canīt you hear me knocking (Hamburg 2003)
Midnight Rambler (MSG 2003)
Out of Control (Buenos Aires 98)
Like a Rolling Stone (Rio 98 w/ Bob Dylan)
All Down the line (MSG 2005)
November 1st, 2005 03:33 AM
speedfreakjive Monkey Man (MSG 2003)
Miss You (St Louis 1997)
Nearness Of You (Paris Olympia 2003)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)