ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Pauline!
Thanks thejuf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones and U2 in Perú for the first time!! Return to archive
October 27th, 2005 05:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Congratulations Cucho

From Terra: http://www.terra.com.pe/entretenimiento/musica/27/27129.html

U2 y los Rolling Stones tocarían en el Perú

Dos de las bandas de rock más importantes del mundo, U2 y los Rolling Stones, podrían tocar en el Perú como parte de sus actuales giras mundiales. Así lo declararon a Correo los empresarios artísticos Jorge Fernández y Javier Rodríguez Larraín, quienes han unido fuerzas para poder concretar este proyecto.

U2 ya confirmó conciertos en México y Brasil.

Keith Richards volvería al Perú, esta vez para dar un gran concierto.

“Estamos en conversaciones con los representantes de los Rolling Stones para que realicen un concierto en Lima en febrero del próximo año”, dijo Fernández, representante de Show S.A., quien se animó a negociar con los managers de Mick Jagger y compañía tras la cancelación del concierto que el grupo iba a ofrecer en Santiago de Chile en la misma fecha.

El experimentado empresario comentó que “el gancho” para que los Stones pisen suelo peruano sería un atractivo tour por Cusco y Machu Picchu, “sabemos que Mick está muy interesado en volver al Cusco, así que esto será más que un aliciente para animarlos a visitar nuestro país”, explicó a Correo.

Por su parte, Rodríguez Larraín dijo que en noviembre se reunirá con Bono Vox, cantante de U2, en Estados Unidos, para ver la posibilidad que el grupo programa al Perú en el tramo latinoamericano de su “Vertigo Tour” que, por el momento, ya confirmó a México y Brasil.
October 27th, 2005 05:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks luchostones for the great news, now it must be confirmed soon

http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3122
October 27th, 2005 06:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl To make the long story short and in English: Chile canceled and the Stones could play Perú. The possibility is high but will be confirmed soon.
October 27th, 2005 07:22 PM
pdog Would they play on the same bill?
October 27th, 2005 07:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No... different dates but same venue
October 27th, 2005 08:00 PM
Soldatti U2 didn't comfirmed Brazil still, I don't know about Mexico.
October 27th, 2005 08:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, it is confirmed in all newspaperw, TV Channels, radio, message boards, toilets, walls, monuments, etc

http://www.todito.com/paginas/noticias/180996.html

There's an official video of U2 recorded in Mexico City.
October 27th, 2005 09:46 PM
Soldatti I wish that they come here, Stones and U2 in the same year is too much for us.
October 28th, 2005 08:55 AM
Madafaka Yeah, U2 in Argentina again could be great!
October 31st, 2005 05:48 AM
erikjjf Gerardo, what's the latest regarding Peru?
Venue? Concert date?
October 31st, 2005 02:21 PM
Gazza Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop and Santana are all expected to play in Brazil in the next few months

So maybe theyll play other countries down there too - and of course theres a possibility that at least one of them may open for the Stones when they're in South America (Dylan opened at 4 Stones shows there in 1998)
October 31st, 2005 02:24 PM
Saint Sway U2 and The Stones play at the same venues all the time. Just never together. How is this news?
October 31st, 2005 02:24 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop and Santana are all expected to play in Brazil in the next few months

So maybe theyll play other countries down there too - and of course theres a possibility that at least one of them may open for the Stones when they're in South America (Dylan opened at 4 Stones shows there in 1998)

Yes Gazza, but I don't think this time Dylan open for the Stones again. It could be great!
Dylan, Iggy and Santana have no dates in Argentina yet. When will they play in Brazil?
October 31st, 2005 02:46 PM
glencar Why'd they cancel in Chile?
October 31st, 2005 03:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Yes Gazza, but I don't think this time Dylan open for the Stones again. It could be great!
Dylan, Iggy and Santana have no dates in Argentina yet. When will they play in Brazil?

I dont know. With Dylan it wont be 2005, so probably in the first few months of 2006... (maybe its Rock in Rio, I dont know)

I've just a few minutes ago received my daily mail from a Dylan news site that I subscribe to which included the following snippet

From the globeandmail.com

Stronger currency is bringing the world to Brazilians

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Brazil, the country that gave the world samba, bossa nova and The Girl from Ipanema, is drawing musicians from Pearl Jam to Tony Bennett after a 26-per-cent currency rally lowered costs for concert promoters.

Brazilians will have their first chance ever in November to see Seattle band Pearl Jam, at prices ranging from 60 reais ($26.28 U.S.) in Rio to 160 reais ($70) in Sao Paulo. Seven years ago, rock band U2's lead singer Bono began a Sao Paulo show by thanking the audience for "paying such a high price for the ticket," which cost 200 reais, or about $180, at the time.

"Without a doubt this year the exchange rate is very favourable and is helping bring in big names," said William Crunfli, director of Mondo Entretenimento, which lined up George Benson and The White Stripes for shows in Brazil this year.

The flurry of concerts by foreign performers in Brazil - Iggy Pop, Chick Corea, Bob Dylan, Carlos Santana and Donna Summer are all scheduled in coming months - is among the most visible signs of the country's expanding economy and strengthening currency.

Sales of French cheese, Argentine wine and Italian Ferraris are surging.

"I'm selling much faster than I can bring in the wines from abroad because of the decline in prices," said Ciro Lilla, owner of wine importer Mistral Importadora in Sao Paulo.

(Bloomberg)

[Edited by Gazza]
October 31st, 2005 07:02 PM
Madafaka Thank you Gazza!

Pearl Jam is going to play down here too and last weekend played The Strokes, Kings Of Leon and Deep Purple. 20 days ago, played Megadeth in Buenos Aires and recorded his dvd/cd live album. By the same time, played The Wailers and Die Toten Hosen too.
Is a great year to us, musically. But all we're waiiting for 21 and 23 Febraury!
Hope Dylan and U2 could play in Buenos Aires too.
October 31st, 2005 07:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Wow what a difference in prices bewteen Argentina and Mexico

Pearl Jam:

Mexico: Between $68 and $180 USD (https://ticketing.ticketmaster.com.mx/purchase_tmmx3/purchase.asp?event_id=14003B38C273CC3D&event_code=ETF1207)
Will play two dates in Mexico City (20,000 each) and one in Monterrey (12,000)

Argentina: Between $13 and $50 Boca Juniors http://www.ticketek.com.ar/show.asp?code=PEARLJAM
Only one show!

How can they go so far for only onse show and at those prices? Answer: The fans rock like bastards, sponsorhip from big companies and TV programs

Let's go to Argentina!!
October 31st, 2005 07:25 PM
glencar TV Programs? Soembody should definitely put in on DVD, if they've got any money left!
October 31st, 2005 07:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl When they get authorization to broadcast on TV they do not allow to produce DVDs or videos just the broadcast. But based on how hot they shows are there they must produce a DVD of the whole show in BsAs

Also because of the prices the people that go are real fans, not just the rich fans
October 31st, 2005 07:29 PM
glencar Voodoo, I can tape things off TV onto my PC & then transfer to DVD. That's what I'm hoping for. Videotape is so 1990's.
October 31st, 2005 08:37 PM
Madafaka
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Wow what a difference in prices bewteen Argentina and Mexico

Pearl Jam:

Mexico: Between $68 and $180 USD (https://ticketing.ticketmaster.com.mx/purchase_tmmx3/purchase.asp?event_id=14003B38C273CC3D&event_code=ETF1207)
Will play two dates in Mexico City (20,000 each) and one in Monterrey (12,000)

Argentina: Between $13 and $50 Boca Juniors http://www.ticketek.com.ar/show.asp?code=PEARLJAM
Only one show!

How can they go so far for only onse show and at those prices? Answer: The fans rock like bastards, sponsorhip from big companies and TV programs

Let's go to Argentina!!

A new show was added November, 25 and 26, Boca Jrs. Stadium.

BTW, Argentina is waiting for you to see the best Stones concert ever!
[Edited by Madafaka]
October 31st, 2005 08:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks for the reminder... I made a promise on the Argentinean air about going and I'll do my best.

What about you madafaka?

If you think the shows in Argentine are the best, please take a look at this archived review by Mr. Ed Beaver at IORR (http://iorr.org/rew97/mexico2.htm)

Review by Ed Beaver

This will be a short review. I am simply exhausted... It may be because I had such a great time up front during the show, or it may be the air in Mexico. Probably both.

First I would like to say: Mexico City, I love you!. I've seen the Rolling Stones in 16 coutries across the world over the years, but the Mexican fans is by far the most kind and polite friends to share a concert with. While it's great fun to get really sweaty and worn out at Wembley, all the kindness of people next to you makes it so much easier to really enjoy the show.

And what a show...
October 31st, 2005 09:05 PM
Madafaka Excellent review! Surely mexicans are a hot audience... I'm into a big project, but if I could, I'd fly to Mexico.

You was at the MSG, now you need to come at River Plate Stadium to be a complete Stones fan! Hahaha!
Seriously, it would be a pleasure. Just think about it!
October 31st, 2005 09:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why'd they cancel in Chile?

No idea, Chile's economy is robust, probably one of the strongest in South America.
October 31st, 2005 11:40 PM
Madafaka
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
No idea, Chile's economy is robust, probably one of the strongest in South America.

Stronger than Argentina, for sure!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)