ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Pauline!
Thanks thejuf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Amazon/Stones on trouble Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 26th, 2005 01:54 PM
Jair I've ordered at the begginig of August the Jap edition of ABB, which should come along a DVD.

Til now, however, NADA!

I already got three apologies e-mails from Amazon, and every time they postpon the release...Whats goin'on?

Why the Stones don't do anything about it?
What they're waiting for?

Geeeeesuz, what a fucking band!

Where's the marketing guys?
I would fire all of them!!!
No excusas, no excuses at all!
GO AWAY! NOW!

Dammit!

October 26th, 2005 02:03 PM
voodoopug The record company is responsible for this, not Amazon and not the Stones. Amazon sells based on the information they are provided. They are by no means "in trouble" and neither are the Stones. I suggest cancelling the order and waiting to repurchase when it is actually and finally released.
October 26th, 2005 02:25 PM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
The record company is responsible for this, not Amazon and not the Stones. Amazon sells based on the information they are provided. They are by no means "in trouble" and neither are the Stones. I suggest cancelling the order and waiting to repurchase when it is actually and finally released.

THANKS FOR PACIFY & CLARIFY MY MIND, GOOD MAN!!!
I AM QUITE SURE NOW I'LL SLEEP BETTER.
(only 2 Diazepans instead the usual 4)

October 26th, 2005 02:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Jair...I think the deal is that they postponed the japanese edition to coincide with the deluxe edition release...just in time for the christmas shopping season.

Thank Virgin for not releasing the deluxe edition at the same time as the regular cd. They want people to buy the same shit twice.

I hate Virgin. Bunch of greedy pricks.
October 26th, 2005 02:48 PM
Jair
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey Jair...I think the deal is that they postponed the japanese edition to coincide with the deluxe edition release...just in time for the christmas shopping season.

Thank Virgin for not releasing the deluxe edition at the same time as the regular cd. They want people to buy the same shit twice.

I hate Virgin. Bunch of greedy pricks.

Thanks, Sir. Hope you're right.
Anyway, would be fine a DVD with the ABB recordings making of, for example...
About the Virgin, is the same shit down here. I'm always buying the same CD twice, the regular & along the DVD...

October 26th, 2005 02:55 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
The record company is responsible for this, not Amazon and not the Stones. Amazon sells based on the information they are provided. They are by no means "in trouble" and neither are the Stones. I suggest cancelling the order and waiting to repurchase when it is actually and finally released.

" Amazon Shares Tumble After Disappointing Forecast "

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

" SEATTLE — Amazon.com Inc.'s (AMZN) shares tumbled more than 12 percent Wednesday after the Internet retailer startled Wall Street with a soft sales outlook for the holiday shopping season.

In a report after the markets closed Tuesday, the Seattle-based company said its net income fell to $30 million, or 7 cents a share, for the three months ended Sept. 30, from $54 million, or 13 cents a share, a year earlier.

The income slump came despite a rise in revenue. The company said net sales increased to $1.86 billion in the third quarter, up 27 percent from $1.46 billion last year.

But Amazon also said it is projecting sales of $2.86 billion to $3.16 billion for the quarter ending Dec. 31. The mean estimate, $3.01 billion, falls below the average Wall Street estimate of $3.08 billion in revenue at a time when Americans traditionally flood stores for Christmas gift buying. Of 13 analysts polled by Thomson Financial, the lowest estimate was for fourth-quarter sales of $2.91 billion.

Its shares fell $5.59, or 12.1 percent, to $40.58 on the Nasdaq Stock Market (search).

Excluding an unanticipated one-time $40 million legal charge in the third quarter, Amazon said its net income would have been $50 million, or 12 cents per share. Analysts polled by Thomson had expected 10 cents per share on revenue of $1.84 billion.

In August, Amazon announced it would pay $40 million to Soverain Software LLC to settle a patent-infringement lawsuit. Chicago-based Soverain had alleged that Amazon's Web site infringed several Soverain patents on network sales systems and Internet server access control and monitoring systems.

Sales in the United States and Canada jumped to $1.04 billion, up 28 percent from $816 million in the same period last year. International sales rose to $817 million, up 26 percent from third quarter 2004 sales of $647 million.

Electronics and general merchandise sales were brisk, growing 43 percent worldwide to $491 million, up from $344 million last year.

Books, music and other products in the media category still make up the bulk of the company's revenue. Media sales rose 20 percent to $1.31 billion, up from $1.09 billion last year.

Amazon said it sold more than 1.6 million copies of the latest Harry Potter edition, making it the company's biggest new product release.

For the full year, Amazon is predicting sales of $8.37 billion to $8.67 billion.

The company did not offer any guidance for fiscal 2006, but said it plans to spend more money hiring software engineers and on other technology development costs.

"This is something that keeps increasing," Piper Jaffray analyst Safa Rashtchy said, noting that the company's technology and content expenses are approaching 6 percent of total revenue — nearly three times what it spent a few years ago.

In a conference call with analysts, Jeff Bezos (search), Amazon's founder and CEO, and Tom Szkutak, chief financial officer, said the company believes its growing investment in technology will ultimately improve shareholder returns — even though it will likely take time for it to pay off.

Bezos and Szkutak said they remain pleased with Amazon Prime (search), a $79-a-year service that gives people unlimited two-day shipping. "Customers like it. The prime members that are subscribers are buying more, they're doing more cross-shopping," Szkutak said, especially in electronics, tools, kitchen supplies and health and personal care products.

The company did not disclose how many customers have signed up for it or how much money Amazon Prime has brought in since it debuted in February.

Amazon.com started out as a virtual book store 10 years ago, and is now the world's largest online retailer, selling everything from brake repair tools to belly rings."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173517,00.html

October 26th, 2005 03:30 PM
voodoopug Why must you make some dumb ass post after my answer to your question, yet you thank my friend SS when he basically posts the same thing I did. Up the meds, you are not as functional as before.
October 26th, 2005 03:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot It's OK Puggy.

This is the kind of thing that you must expect when an internet legend, and "A" list poster like myself enters a thread.

Keep on working it. You will get there eventually too.

A funny thing happened at work today. A lady called in complaining of increased flank pain(her exact words!). I had to bite my lip to not laugh at her.

I lost it as soon as I hung up though. Everyone thought I was crazy.

If someone calls in about a calcified testicle...I'm gonna have to go home early.
October 26th, 2005 03:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
It's OK Puggy.

This is the kind of thing that you must expect when an internet legend, and "A" list poster like myself enters a thread.

Keep on working it. You will get there eventually too.

A funny thing happened at work today. A lady called in complaining of increased flank pain(her exact words!). I had to bite my lip to not laugh at her.

I lost it as soon as I hung up though. Everyone thought I was crazy.

If someone calls in about a calcified testicle...I'm gonna have to go home early.

DOnt worry SS, WE know who the true factors are! There is a spot at the head table for both of us.

I commend you for keeping a straight face, i would not have been able to. My sister works in the ER tramua center and told me about this guy who checks himself in every couple of weeks claiming he has "chronic IBS" she still doesnt understand why I find this to be funny as all hell.
October 26th, 2005 03:42 PM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Why must you make some dumb ass post after my answer to your question, yet you thank my friend SS when he basically posts the same thing I did. Up the meds, you are not as functional as before.

WHY are YOU offending ME by saying "dumb ass" post?
What is wrong with you, PUG?
Maybe something itching inside your head?!
...ASS???

Are you a Vietnam VET with mental issues?
A former Hell Angel lost, lonely and desperated?

The fact is that the SS answer is objective & clear, while yours is limited to say "is not Amazon fault blablabla!!!"

Please, I ask you, stop bugging me, or I will boycot
the TV serie ER, OK???

And, in addition I also can write a very negative review on Voodoopugs!!!

PS - I am completely functional, ask your sistah!
October 26th, 2005 03:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:

WHY are YOU offending ME by saying "dumb ass" post?
What is wrong with you, PUG?
Maybe something itching inside your head?!
...ASS???

Are you a Vietnam VET with mental issues?
A former Hell Angel lost, lonely and desperated?

The fact is that the SS answer is objective & clear, while yours is limited to say "is not Amazon fault blablabla!!!"

Please, I ask you, stop bugging me, or I will boycot
the TV serie ER, OK???

And, in addition I also can write a very negative review on Voodoopugs!!!

PS - I am completely functional, ask your sistah!

You turn to personal attacks and then attack my family. Research stuff for yourself then. You are just proving to be another case of someone who acts tough because they are hiding behind a keyboard. You are not a factor on this board and shall continue to be a source of ridicule for me and many others.
October 26th, 2005 03:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:
I've ordered at the begginig of August the Jap edition of ABB, which should come along a DVD.

Til now, however, NADA!

I already got three apologies e-mails from Amazon, and every time they postpon the release...Whats goin'on?

Why the Stones don't do anything about it?
What they're waiting for?

Geeeeesuz, what a fucking band!

Where's the marketing guys?
I would fire all of them!!!
No excusas, no excuses at all!
GO AWAY! NOW!

Dammit!

October 26th, 2005 03:52 PM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You turn to personal attacks and then attack my family. Research stuff for yourself then. You are just proving to be another case of someone who acts tough because they are hiding behind a keyboard. You are not a factor on this board and shall continue to be a source of ridicule for me and many others.

Pug, thats my last msg for you:
Ridiculous is you, no sense of humor at all, a really pain in the ass.
First of all, you should loose some weight in order to be happy.
Please, dont post to me anymore.

October 26th, 2005 03:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:

Pug, thats my last msg for you:
Ridiculous is you, no sense of humor at all, a really pain in the ass.
First of all, you should loose some weight in order to be happy.
Please, dont post to me anymore.

you have humiliated yourself yet again. Not receiving another message from you can only make things better. I feel that my mensa level IQ threatens to decrease reading your posts. You shall not be included when I shake hands and work the room. You shall remain a lower class citizen of the RO community.

October 26th, 2005 03:58 PM
egon People, people, what happened to "THE LOVE" ?

Now shake hands, french kiss & slap each other silly!
October 26th, 2005 03:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:
People, people, what happened to "THE LOVE" ?

Now shake hands, french kiss & slap each other silly!

I would love to offer you a firm handshake!
October 26th, 2005 04:05 PM
egon I will do the difficult part (spend thousands of dollars
on a flight from europe to NYC).

The rest my friend, is upto you!
October 26th, 2005 04:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:
I will do the difficult part (spend thousands of dollars
on a flight from europe to NYC).

The rest my friend, is upto you!

we may have to connect via teleconference. As you know, family is more pressing. Perhaps I shall greet you via telephone as I had the priviliedge of greeting MRDEEE recently.
October 26th, 2005 04:09 PM
Joey
" A funny thing happened at work today. A lady called in complaining of increased flank pain(her exact words!). I had to bite my lip to not laugh at her. "

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee

October 26th, 2005 04:15 PM
J.J.Flash Calm down meu amigo de Caxias do Sul, beautiful state I must add..... Pug didn't mean to make you even more pissed off. Take it easy.

As for the matter of this post, I think this situation has nothing to do with Stones' fault. Most likely, you can put the weight of this on Virgin's shoulders. Since the Stones signed their contract, they can re-release the same thing countless times (most because there will be people buying it).
October 26th, 2005 04:23 PM
J.J.Flash "This guy from the land of the wild winds (Chicago) is a great humble, smart young man. A great partner to share a beer with. Quickly, he became part of my TOP 10 posters here at this most prodigious of all Rolling Stones Message Boards."
October 26th, 2005 04:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
"This guy from the land of the wild winds (Chicago) is a great humble, smart young man. A great partner to share a beer with. Quickly, he became part of my TOP 10 posters here at this most prodigious of all Rolling Stones Message Boards."

You continue to earn your "Top Tier" position! The PUg army is all about peace and love!
October 26th, 2005 04:28 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The PUg army is all about peace and love!

http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=13569

October 26th, 2005 09:55 PM
Soldatti I never got problems with Amazon, it takes a long time sometimes.
October 26th, 2005 11:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I feel that my mensa level IQ<

My IQ was measured at 168. MENSA has been after me to join for years.

But they are a bunch of ninnies. I would never join such a bland group. Neither should you. I don't think you are a ninny.

Jair is a good guy. You must remember Puggy, for many of our posters at RO, English is a 2nd or even a 3rd language. What may seem very clear to you, may not be so clear for them. When posting a response to such a poster, you must carefully craft your words to be easily understandable, but not condescending or patronizing. I understand this well, and that is why Jair picked up on my post but not yours.

I am available to assist you with sharpening your potentially top notch posting skills at any time. Why? Because I think you are worth it.
October 27th, 2005 10:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>I feel that my mensa level IQ<

My IQ was measured at 168. MENSA has been after me to join for years.

But they are a bunch of ninnies. I would never join such a bland group. Neither should you. I don't think you are a ninny.

Jair is a good guy. You must remember Puggy, for many of our posters at RO, English is a 2nd or even a 3rd language. What may seem very clear to you, may not be so clear for them. When posting a response to such a poster, you must carefully craft your words to be easily understandable, but not condescending or patronizing. I understand this well, and that is why Jair picked up on my post but not yours.

I am available to assist you with sharpening your potentially top notch posting skills at any time. Why? Because I think you are worth it.

I continue to receive the Mensa mailings after I took their test, passed it (sadly, I only received a score of 159) and declined membership. I just cannot see myself wanting to sit through the lectures and seminars!

I respect that English may not be everyones first language, but I shall not allow "non factors" to attack me personally if they do not understand my wordings. As a man of the people, I would have been happy to explain further if asked.

You have continued to prove SS why you belong on the A list, with your recent greeting of JB, perfect handling of the "flank pain incident", and your offers of posting assistance.

Please continue to inspire us all!
October 27th, 2005 11:04 AM
gimmekeef Gee the band takes a week off and all hell breaks loose...Lets get to Calgary!!!!
October 27th, 2005 11:26 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Gee the band takes a week off and all hell breaks loose...Lets get to Calgary!!!!

you shall be greeted!
October 27th, 2005 01:52 PM
Jair
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
You shall remain a lower class citizen of the RO community.

Rethinking what I said before, here's me again. Tah-dah!!!

Pug, who you think you are to decide whos's who
in RO community?

Lower class citizen?! That is clearly a facist thought, much appropriate coming from you, and I will ask to FBI jerks keep an eye or two on you. You can became a dangerous guy suddenly.

your Voodoopug CD shall explode in the next hours/days, depending on George W Bush last word.

Beggining tonite, I will stop to watching the TV serie ER, which is my fave, in order to boycot your hometown. I will start to watch CSI Miami and The Grey's Anatomy.

Having said that, I also want to add:
I am a very kind person, and all people around me enjoy my company and know I'm a nice & funny guy.

Example 1: last Friday I gave my last dollars (about 30 US dollars) and get completely broke, in order to help a beggar. She told me she was needing some money to back home, in another town. She was here in my city doing quimotheraphy treatment for a breast cancer.

Example 2: My dog, named Friedrich Nietzschi da Motta also loves me, and lick all my face, ears and lips to wake me up every morning, always at 8:22. He never fails. And deserves all my respect for being so sweet, cute and atheistic, like me. Gypsy said once, seeing a Friedrich Nietzschi picture: he is so cute!!! And Gypsy also deserve all my respect & love.

But much more people like me: my mama, my papa, grammas, sistahs, bros, friends, lesbians, gays, animals - including pitbulls and alligators - cats from Egypt, ants and elephants. Ohhh, a special mention to my dear friend Caroline, a colleague of work who is going to North Carolina next month.

My English is much better than your Portuguese. In addition, I'm a very well Japanese speaker. But I bet you have no idea about it none of these languages. Portuguese has 4.000 (FOUR THOUSAND) irregular verbs. Learn that!

SIR STONESALOT has proved he is a very nice guy and I thank him for that. He is smart, funny and has the hability to forgive my English mistakes. You should do the same, taking a break to us, not British/American citizens.

Anyhow, if one day you come to Brasil, I will receive you nicely and well, Besides, I will be your guide, driver, translator & even whores provider if you wish.

Ok, now I should say my (ex) wife doesn't like me anymore, but much likely she is having an affair with you.

Leave the dogs for me. I will take care of your beloved pugs very nicely and they will forgot you in no time, I am sure. I will allow them to eat in my hand, as I do to please my sweet Friedrich Nietzschi da Motta.

Finally: unless you're kidding and/or being ironic, I'll never forgive you for that "lower class citizen". But apologies are accepted, as well as your Mastercard.

October 27th, 2005 02:07 PM
Joey
quote:
Jair wrote:

Finally: unless you're kidding and/or being ironic, I'll never forgive you for that "lower class citizen". But apologies are accepted, as well as your Mastercard.

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)