ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Eins Live" host Miriam Pielhau - November 2, 2001 interview
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rehearsals Return to archive
10-19-01 11:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey and Paul McCartney rehearsed today in NYC for tomorrow�s concert, here are some pics from Kevin Mazur

Then Sir Paul attended the MTV Total Request Live with NYC Mayor Rudy Guiliani (btw, Rudy studied in the same school that I did, Manhattan College in Riverdale, NYC but we were not classmates due to a time restriction LOL, just the same Alma Mater)

I changed the header sooner 'cause I'm in a hurry to see Eric Clapton in some minutes, he then will flight to the big apple.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep rocking everybody!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-20-01 12:27 PM
moy jagger to perfomr "salt of the earth" and "miss you", apparently nothing from his new album???

NEWS - Song List For McCartney-Led Concert For New York City Revealed
10/19/2001

(10/19/01, 3 p.m. ET) -- LAUNCH has obtained a tentative song list for the Concert For New York City, the all-star benefit show that takes place at Madison Square Garden tomorrow (October 20). The tentative list includes a few surprises--the four members of U2 will all be on hand, not just Bono and the Edge, as had been advertised; and there will be several unannounced duets, with U2 joining Destiny's Child, and Billy Joel performing with Elton John, apart from all their individual performances.

Other notable news from the rundown sheet is that the Who has the longest individual set, with four songs, while Paul McCartney will be on stage for five songs--his own three-song set, as well as the two scheduled encores.

The song list includes (subject to change):

David Bowie: "This Is Not America" and "Heroes"

Bon Jovi: "It's My Life" and "Keep The Faith" (with a choir from Harlem)

U2: "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of"

The Goo Goo Dolls: "American Girl" and "Iris"

Billy Joel: "New York State Of Mind" and "Miami 2017"

Destiny's Child: an unannounced gospel song, "Emotion," and "What's Going On" with U2

Eric Clapton: "Hoochie Coochie Man" and "Crossroads"

Backstreet Boys: a medley and a second unannounced song

Marc Anthony: "You Sang To Me"

Melissa Etheridge: "Come To My Window" and "Born To Run"

The Who: "Behind Blue Eyes," "Who Are You," "Baba O'Riley," and "Won't Get Fooled Again"

Mick Jagger: "Salt Of The Earth" and "Miss You"

Macy Gray: "Help From My Friends"

James Taylor: "Fire And Rain" and "Up On The Roof"

Jay-Z: "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"

John Mellencamp "Peaceful World" and "Pink Houses"

Five For Fighting: "Superman"

Elton John: "I Want Love"

Elton John & Billy Joel: TBA

Janet Jackson: TBA (via video)

Paul McCartney: "I'm Down," and the new songs "Lonely Road" and "From A Lover To A Friend"

First Encore: "Yesterday"

Second Encore: "Let It Be"

-- LAUNCH Staff, New York

http://music.launch.com/read/content.asp?contentID=206317
10-20-01 01:13 PM
yellow1 That looks like a lot of BS to me. It seems some idiot at Launch went through the song catalog of these artists and tried to figure what song was appropriate for the event...
McCartney said he'd play a new song he'd written especially for the event "Freedom" and he rehearsed two new songs yesterday...
Not to be cynical, but one shouldn't forget that while they're doing this for the good cause, these guys also have a new album to promote...
McCartney sent this to his mailing list: "We�ll also be sending you some street scenes as the excitement starts to build. I�m off now to rehearsals with the guys who played on �Driving Rain�, my new album released in November, so goodbye for now, keep tuned in for more fun from the big apple" note the reference to the November release...
10-20-01 02:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I agree about it but not that the source was a catalog LOL

They rehearsed Salt of The Earth, Miss You and God Gave me Everything (this last one without Keith) maybe Mick is planning something with this back up (DL) band for the Radio Music Awards (?)

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-20-01 04:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, David Bowie rehearsed on Thursday in NYC, and Eric Clapton did it yesterday in front of 55,000 fans in Mexico City, here is one great shot by Fernando Aceves, the first is yesterday and the second is one of my favorites, it was taken at the Super Dome in New Orleans on May 20, 1998 also by Fer

10-20-01 10:34 PM
yellow1 Just wanted to say: "my bad about Launch.com's setlist, it's been pretty accurate" !

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.