ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Eins Live" host Miriam Pielhau - November 2, 2001 interview
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith to join Mick at NYC Benefit Return to archive
10-19-01 06:26 PM
MUSICMAN ------------------------------
Message Number: 5
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:19:36 -0400
Subject: Pete diary, Richards to play with Mick

>From Pete's website at:
http://www.petetownshend.com/pr_display.cfm?id=265&zone=diary

19 October 2001
New York 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I'm doing a soundcheck with The Who. I was to be playing a song with
Mick Jagger - and I was nervous - but Keith Richards has now shown up like a
lost division of the 7th Cavalry - I hope I'll get to strum in the
background.

-Pete Townshend

Marc
10-19-01 06:34 PM
moy coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!

thanks, i was looking for this for days and now it's so fucking great to hear it from you, thanks again

i hope they play happy as in the good old days
10-19-01 07:48 PM
Gazza WOO-HOO!!

Well...according to yesterdays entry in Petes diary,whilst some acts are only doing one song,The Who will be playing a 4-song 25 minute set! SOOOO...with Mick being higher up the bill,hopefully we'll get AT LEAST that length of performance from him!

There has been talk of Mick & paul sharing the stage together - I guess that means on the show's grand finale - but Mick & Keith together (for the first time ever at a NON STONES show since the days of Blues Incorporated?) is gonna be something special. lets hope it comes off!

"Prodigal Son" as a duo would be kinda nice!!
10-19-01 09:25 PM
Robert Schneeweiss A Jagger/McCartney duet is a possibility, but Mick and Keith doing Prodigal Son? Keep dreaming.
10-19-01 09:33 PM
Gazza Oh theres no way they'd do that song at a show like this.....no-one would fuckin KNOW it hardly!

They did it alone together at the CNIB Benefit shows in Toronto in 1979 and it was great..thats what i was alluding to in my post - a re-run of that would be terrific
10-20-01 09:26 AM
Bob Tamp mick and keith could do alone a great yet shortened version of "you can't always get what you want" with keith on electric.
an acoustic "Angie"

but yeah, Prodigal Son would be the balls

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.