ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Eins Live" host Miriam Pielhau - November 2, 2001 interview
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger's New Tracks Return to archive
10-17-01 08:52 AM
Mathijs Just listened to three tracks of the new album, and it really sounds like Primitive Cool Part Two, and Primitive Cool is in my opinion one of the worst albums of the eighties. Don't get me wrong, Mick Jagger is my hero and I am a major Stones� fan, but what these three songs are really weak. God Gave Me Everything is o.k., I like the industry-style sound, but the tracks isn�t very catchy. Visions of Paradise is just plain bad, it sounds like this horrible Say You Will and War Baby bull shit. Total crap. Everybody Get High is an attempt to score a hit, it sounds like the Backstreet Boys on dope. If you think Let�s Work is horrible, you will turn green when you hear this track. Wandering Spirit was a gift from heaven, B2B is one of my favorite albums, but I am afraid Goddess will be as disappointing as Primitive Cool. I hoped to hear tracks in the style of Saint of Me, which basically is a Jagger-solo track, but these three don�t promise very much. If Mick wants to be on top of the hit list again, why not release anything from the Golden Period? Ladies and Gentleman is waiting to be put on DVD, there's tracks like Living in the Heart if Love, Drift Away, Fast Talking, Gangsters Maul, Claudine, Apartment No. 9 are gathering dust. There's at least ten concerts available for release. The Stones' sixties back-catalogue on ABKCO sounds like crap, it's taking from vinyl sources. The fans are waiting for these tracks to be released, and not another attempt to compete with Ms. Spears and some idiot with a fucked-up nose with these sappy, lightweight pop songs.
10-17-01 03:59 PM
st0nesfan Well I for one am glad that Mick isn't living in the past. I would much rather hear him put out new stuff (even if it isn't the best). Give it a few more years and we will see some older songs released. But I say make new stuff while you still can. :-)
10-17-01 07:26 PM
Bob Tamp won't get into great detail here, but Primitive Cool has five excellent tracks, and five real shitty tracks. I for one am looking forward to the new album
10-20-01 08:31 PM
Angiegirl I'm curious.
Angie
10-20-01 08:34 PM
Angiegirl Test

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.