ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Kevin!
© 2005 Mr. Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Paying for recordings ? Return to archive
October 28th, 2005 05:51 AM
Stray Cat UK I just saw this argument errupting on the audio thread page and wanted to move it to it's own place.

I started collecting bootlegs in 1981. All on wonderful,expensive vinyl.

Trading was very limited to the odd tape trade through fanzines - anyone remember Shattered or Tumbling Dice ?

Quality was nearly always dire (mainly hiss),but it was all we had.

The introduction of cds certainly improved the quality and you could listen to the recordings before buying,which was often not the case with vinyl !

Imagine paying £25 for a double lp 25 years ago and finding it was shite when you got home -all sales are final !

those who call people idiots for buying have no idea how lucky they are. I've just started downloading torrents in the past couple of months and feel like a kid in a sweet shop.

SC UK
October 28th, 2005 09:11 AM
marko I have probaply,150-200 original stones vinyl bootlegs.
They ALL look really nice.
Few picture vinyls,like undercover outtakes,coloured vinyl,
boxes,it well worth spending money on them.
Cd´s are diffrent story.
I started collecting complete shows around,after steel wheels tour.
October 28th, 2005 09:14 AM
gimmekeef I just feel its a personal choice and dont appreciate someone calling me names because I exercise my free choice to purchase something....I dont have the time to learn how to torrent etc..
October 28th, 2005 09:47 PM
z68h i am going to past my reply from the other thread, in here.

--
records... yeah. i have tons of those. i have been trading shows for the last 10 years. i started in the days of analog tapes. remember the old maxell Type II 90min tpaes? yeah.. i don't even want to think about how much money i have spent on those.

i am a big dave matthews band fan and no fan of theirs would ever even think of charging you for a copy of a show. most times people would just send you a free copy of the show.

the big difference here is that the Stones don't allow taping, and DMB do. there have times where a dmb show ends at midnight and is available for download less than 3 hours later. all for foree.

you can bet the stones know about people taping the shows, tho. maybe if they didn't see people making money from the illegal taping, then they might be a little more receptive to tapers and allowing them to run taping rigs at shows.

in the end, if you want to drop $50 for a show that might sound like shit, then be my guest. but you will never see me do it.

Mark
--

as for not having time to learn how to download via bit torrent... well.. you must be REALLY busy. it takes less time to learn that, than it does to pay for a CD via paypal.

you download a client (i use bit comet) and install it. click on the .torrent file and you are downloading. it really is that simple. and best of all, if the show sounds like crap, then you can delete it, and it hasn't cost you a dime
October 28th, 2005 10:30 PM
pdog I think I've purchased about 4 bootleg Cd's in my lifetime!
Not knowing about quality was always my biggest concern.
I love snail mail trading and now torrenting.
In a few years who knows, maybe we'll have the abilty to use transporters to instantly get us into a show and back in time to DL the torrents.
Also, this arguments is pointless, who cares how anyone else spends their own money!
October 29th, 2005 01:06 AM
Dan
quote:
z68h wrote:

records... yeah. i have tons of those. i have been trading shows for the last 10 years. i started in the days of analog tapes. remember the old maxell Type II 90min tpaes? yeah.. i don't even want to think about how much money i have spent on those.

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-75 boxes of tapes!
October 29th, 2005 05:06 PM
z68h
quote:
Dan wrote:

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-75 boxes of tapes!

same here. never paid for a single one.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)