ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Kevin!
© 2005 Mr. Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just imagine: It's 1965 and The Rolling Stones Return to archive
October 27th, 2005 02:41 PM
CHIEFMOON Have just released a new single,

No, not Satisfaction, but ONNYA with a flip side of BOMH.

Do you:

A. Buy the side on day of issue and hope to see it live

or

B. Join the lynch mob that thinks "this should not be".
October 27th, 2005 03:45 PM
gimmekeef Any song released in 1965 with lyrics like "fucking up my life"...and "jello tits"....would have been in high demand even if Mungo Jerry did it!
October 27th, 2005 07:39 PM
Soldatti In 1965, ONNYA would be a banned (Little Red Rooster) or edited (Satisfaction).
October 28th, 2005 03:14 PM
time is on my side For me, it would be A.

However, given the nature of the TIMES and how prevalent censorship was back in 1965 on such forms of entertainment like music, TV, movies, etc, there's no way ONNYA could have been released in it's current form. The STONES would have had to change the lyrics. They simply wouldn't have had any choice in the matter.

It just goes to show how much the TIMES have been a changin
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)