ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Kevin!
© 2005 Mr. Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Heavy drinking harms male hormones ...... ( N.S.C. ) Return to archive
October 27th, 2005 02:16 PM
Joey " Heavy drinking may harm male hormones "

" Problem drinking may dampen both a man's sex life and his chances of having children, according to a new study.

Researchers in India found that men being treated for alcoholism had lower testosterone levels and more sperm abnormalities than non-drinkers did. They also had a far higher rate of erectile dysfunction (ED) - 71 percent, versus 7 percent of abstainers.

Some past studies have suggested that heavy drinking can take a toll on men's reproductive health. One recent study found that couples had a higher miscarriage risk if the man had consumed 10 or more drinks a week around the time of conception.

Also, it's known that alcoholic men can develop signs of low testosterone, including shrunken testicles and enlarged breasts.

The new findings add to evidence that heavy drinking, at least among alcoholics, may harm both men's sex lives and their fertility, according to the study authors, led by Dr. K. R. Muthusami of Kovai Medical Center and Hospital in Coimbatore, India.

"Men are advised to refrain from chronic alcohol consumption if they want to procreate and lead a normal sex life," the researchers conclude in the medical journal Fertility & Sterility.

On the other hand, it's unlikely that light drinking would have any significant effect on men's fertility, Muthusami told Reuters Health.

The study included 66 non-smoking men who had sought treatment for alcoholism, along with 30 non-smokers who had never consumed alcohol. On average, alcoholic men had a significantly lower sperm count, but more abnormal sperm, as well as lower testosterone levels and changes in other reproductive hormones.

According to the researchers, these findings likely reflect direct damage to the testicles caused by excessive alcohol. Alcohol, Muthusami said, enters the testicles directly and can both cut testosterone production and harm the quality of semen.

But the potential harm is not limited to men. Other studies, the researcher noted, have found heavy drinking to impair women's reproductive health as well."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051027/hl_nm/heavy_drinking_harm_male_hormones_sperm_dc

October 27th, 2005 02:19 PM
nankerphelge

It's a stampede....
October 27th, 2005 02:22 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

It's a stampede....

Nanky ?!?!

October 27th, 2005 02:41 PM
sirmoonie What a bunch of liberal BS!

Drink up! Aim high!
October 27th, 2005 03:07 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
What a bunch of liberal BS!

Drink up! Aim high!

October 27th, 2005 04:09 PM
the good A possible confound with this study is that Asian/Indian people metabolize alcohol in a different manner than other populations. They need to expand the sample.
October 27th, 2005 04:11 PM
Joey
quote:
the good wrote:
A possible confound with this study is that Asian/Indian people metabolize alcohol in a different manner than other populations. They need to expand the sample.

******** BLANK FRIGGIN STARE *********

***** You make Joey say , ....... Huh ?!?! *******

******** {{{ WTF ?!?! }}} *************

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

October 27th, 2005 04:38 PM
the good
quote:
Joey wrote:

******** BLANK FRIGGIN STARE *********

***** You make Joey say , ....... Huh ?!?! *******

******** {{{ WTF ?!?! }}} *************

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Hi Joey. A portion of Asian men (including some of Indian descent) lack an enzyme that is required to fully metabolize alcohol. This makes alcohol consumption especially dangerous for them and can lead to a variety of undesireable outcomes. If these men were included in the sample, the results of the study can be called into question.
Have a great weekend.
October 27th, 2005 04:51 PM
Joey " A portion of Asian men (including some of Indian descent) lack an enzyme that is required to fully metabolize alcohol. This makes alcohol consumption especially dangerous for them and can lead to a variety of undesireable outcomes. If these men were included in the sample, the results of the study can be called into question. "

October 27th, 2005 04:58 PM
sirmoonie Joey!

Hit him with the pissing monkeys!

Yes!

Total humiliation.

Yes!
October 27th, 2005 05:01 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Joey!

Hit him with the pissing monkeys!

Yes!

Total humiliation.

Yes!

I can't find the friggin thing anymore .

Developing ............................

October 27th, 2005 05:21 PM
sirmoonie Howe the hell does one lose a pissing monkey emoticon??? Especially now! Of all goddam times to lose a goddam pissing monkey emoticon!!!
October 27th, 2005 05:31 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Howe the hell does one lose a pissing monkey emoticon??? Especially now! Of all goddam times to lose a goddam pissing monkey emoticon!!!

I blame it all on the fact that tomorrow is MRD8's Birthday

Word !
October 27th, 2005 07:09 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Howe the hell does one lose a pissing monkey emoticon??? Especially now! Of all goddam times to lose a goddam pissing monkey emoticon!!!

Fleabit used to have an evil looking firing monkey......

Uhhhhh, frightening.......

P.S.: Is the construction of the above phrase (evil looking firing monkey) correct? I've got to know....
October 28th, 2005 07:38 AM
egon "" Heavy drinking harms male hormones ...... ( N.S.C. ) """

This explains the urge to wear dresses & wanting to be called dorothy.
October 28th, 2005 07:49 AM
Nellcote Joey, I frankly am astonished to understand you have lost the urinating monkeys. This is an affront to the simian population at large. I'm certain Charlton Heston would be upset, if he were to understand in his present, troubled state. Please take time to rectify this matter promptly, or the curse of one thousand Roddy McDowell's shall be placed upon you!
October 28th, 2005 07:52 AM
egon
quote:
Joey wrote:
I can't find the friggin thing anymore .

October 28th, 2005 07:55 AM
Nellcote That's the ticket Egon!
May you be greeted soon!
October 28th, 2005 07:59 AM
egon NYC Jan 2006. I shall be there. And yous?

I've been known for my firm, slighly moist, yet gentle & kind handshake!

[Edited by egon]
October 28th, 2005 08:05 AM
Nellcote Egon, at this time my presence @ MSG is developing.
I'm ticketed for two shows in Bahston the week before,
however, am working to make an appearance @ MSG.
I look foward to a meeting with several Heinikens toasted to the best band in the land.

Cheers!
October 28th, 2005 10:28 AM
the good Well, all I did was point out something that may be that may be relevant to the study. I didn't know this would bring out the lynch mob with their flaming torches and urinating monkeys.
October 28th, 2005 10:34 AM
Dick Bush Well, if the balls really get fully atrophied, why not changing the gender instead of habits?

Is being a girl really that bad?
[Edited by Dick Bush]
October 28th, 2005 10:55 AM
Joey [quote]Nellcote wrote:
Egon, at this time my presence @ MSG is developing."

......and your presence at THE QWEST CENTER ?!?!

Developing ....................................

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
October 28th, 2005 10:56 AM
Nellcote Joey;

If I go to Qwest, will you come to Bahston?
October 28th, 2005 11:07 AM
Saint Sway this is very, very disturbing news.

very depressing info

I now need a drink!
October 28th, 2005 12:47 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
egon wrote:
NYC Jan 2006. I shall be there. And yous?

I've been known for my firm, slighly moist, yet gentle & kind handshake!

[Edited by egon]

I'll be there too! Smiths 44th st/ 8th Ave
October 28th, 2005 01:33 PM
Joey " After Howard mentioned that he’ll be on “Late Show with David Letterman” November 17, Gary asked if he’d consider doing “The Tonight Show.” Howard responded that he would and, since he didn’t believe in pulling any punches, that he’d also tell Jay Leno what he thought of him right to his face. Howard recalled that Jay once walked off the set during one of Howard’s appearances on “The Tonight Show” because he was being too racy, so he wasn’t sure how he’d react if he laid into him. Howard acknowledged that, if he does go on the show, he’d immediately inform Jay that he was using him to promote his move to satellite. "

[Edited by Joey]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)