ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Kevin!
© 2005 Mr. Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Like I said,the Sox are gonna crush the Astros Return to archive
October 26th, 2005 11:55 PM
Riffhard Well Puggy I gotta give your Sox a little bit of credit here. They are quite the team. Winning 15 of the last 16 games of the season is pretty damned impressive! Congrats to all the Chi Sox fans! It ain't over yet but in the bottom of the 9th Sox are up 1-0 with a 3 games to none lead it's in the bag.

I will now be willing to greet you.

Riffy
October 27th, 2005 12:08 AM
time is on my side It's over!!!! White Sox are World Champs!!!

Congratulations to the ChiSox!!!

Seems to me I remember someone predicting an easy Astros victory due to better pitching- wonder who that could be.
October 27th, 2005 12:21 AM
Riffhard
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
It's over!!!! White Sox are World Champs!!!

Congratulations to the ChiSox!!!

Seems to me I remember someone predicting an easy Astros victory due to better pitching- wonder who that could be.

Well I don't who said it,but I'll go on-the-record right here and now by saying that person is full of shit!

Oh,...wait a minute,......

Fuck it all anyway! It's football season!

Riffy
October 27th, 2005 12:21 AM
polksalad69 FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 27th, 2005 12:56 AM
JuanTCB Congrats to the ChiSox and their fans.

All that waiting builds character, eh?

Enjoy it as much as Red Sox Nation did!
October 27th, 2005 08:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot The World Series was going on?

For the first time in a very very long time...I didn't even see a single inning.

And by looking at the TV ratings...not many other people saw it either.

I feel bad for Frank Thomas. All those years of titanic numbers for terrible teams. The White Sox finally get to the promised land...and Thomas has to sit on the bench because he's hurt. Talk about The Big Hurt! I'm sure he celebrated, but I'll bet he feels cheated. Too bad. He seems like one of the good guys.

Next year...Phillies beat The Angels in 6.
October 27th, 2005 09:22 AM
Joey

WHITE SOX CHAMPS OF WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.whitesox.com

October 27th, 2005 10:26 AM
time is on my side
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
The World Series was going on?

For the first time in a very very long time...I didn't even see a single inning.

And by looking at the TV ratings...not many other people saw it either.

Next year...Phillies beat The Angels in 6.

Yeah, there was a World Series going on and, if you like baseball, you missed some highly entertaining games even though it was a sweep. All the games were close and decided in the late innings.

First time a city, Chicago, has been able to celebrate a baseball championship in 88 years despite the fact they've supported two franchises (Cubs, White Sox) for all these years. Will the Cubs be next???

TV ratings??? Talk about something that I couldn't give a shit about that would be it. Reality shows and shows about murders (crime shows)- is that what's on top of the ratings??? Is that what people are looking at on TV land these days??? ZZZZZZZZzzzzz- Oh, I'm sorry I haven't really been keeping up. Please wake me up when something more interesting comes along.

Phillies- Angels in the World Series???? That's one that will really take a nosedive in the ratings nationwide but, you know what??? When you compare that to the crime and reality shows that are so popular these days (you know the shows with the high ratings), I'll take that every time.
October 27th, 2005 10:33 AM
voodoopug I hate to say I told you so....BUT I TOLD YOU SO!

Complete domination. Its our time to party!

I expect full apologies from everyone who said "Houston in 5" Houston in "6" You have all been humiliated and your potential for a hand shake/greeting is on the line with how you handle this situation.

Riffy: You have been forgiven and shall be greeted!

Enjoy this sox fans, we may never see this again!
October 27th, 2005 10:50 AM
Nellcote
Congrats to Pug & all other Sox Fans from another "Sox" fan, whom felt the same type of pain for so many years, and the pleasure of winning it all a year ago!

You will be happy to know that the third highest tv ratings city for the WS '05 was none other than Boston!
Hardball is King!

Now convince Ozzie to come back for '06, as he is what baseball needs more of...

ROCK ON!
October 27th, 2005 10:51 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Enjoy this sox fans, we may never see this again!

They could very well do it again next year -- Word

Flacky !

October 27th, 2005 11:47 AM
gimmekeef Congrats to all Sox fans..Seems like baseball droughts are ending which gives me hope my Expos will win soon....ooops wait I dont have a team anymore!!!!...Guess thats one reason I along with many have given up on baseball....
October 27th, 2005 11:52 AM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Congrats to all Sox fans..Seems like baseball droughts are ending which gives me hope my Expos will win soon....ooops wait I dont have a team anymore!!!!...Guess thats one reason I along with many have given up on baseball....

www.Cubs.com

October 27th, 2005 12:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

www.Cubs.com

once proud Jim Hendry acts so humble!

This is a southside town now baby!

Ozzie for mayor!
October 27th, 2005 12:03 PM
Joey

Once proud Fiji acts so humble
October 27th, 2005 12:16 PM
texile the sox had a better offence......i'll give you that - but damn.....that ball call on tuesday will not be forgiven easily -
granted, we had ample opportunity to come back and didn't -but that call cost us a game.
the DYE had been cast and we were doomed as always...
the eternal underdogs.
October 27th, 2005 12:19 PM
gimmekeef The Astros should have brought back the immortal Rusty Staub!!!!!!!
October 27th, 2005 12:28 PM
polksalad69
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The Astros should have brought back the immortal Rusty Staub!!!!!!!

and given Jose Cruz over there on first a bat
October 27th, 2005 12:58 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Well I don't who said it,but I'll go on-the-record right here and now by saying that person is full of shit!
Oh,...wait a minute,......
Riffy

Riffy you're a good sport! Here is a little something for your mantlepiece!

[Edited by monkey_man]
October 27th, 2005 01:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
texile wrote:
the sox had a better offence......i'll give you that - but damn.....that ball call on tuesday will not be forgiven easily -
granted, we had ample opportunity to come back and didn't -but that call cost us a game.
the DYE had been cast and we were doomed as always...
the eternal underdogs.

oh for christs sake...how bout the home run that was given as a gift in game 3 that turns out wasnt really a home run. I dont recall the umpires being responsible for the 19 inning scoring drought to end the series. Phil Garner embarrassed MLB with his actions and threw his team in front of the bus. I assure you it wasnt a bad call on a hit batsman that caused Cy Young #1, Cy Young #2, and Cy Young #3 to not get the job done.

Plain and simple, the Astros Got their asses whipped because there were not as good. The Sox starting pitching, bench play, hitting, and managing were far superior. Oh and lets not forget perhaps the greatest choke job in relief pitching history....the immortal Brad Lidge is human and blew the last three games he pitched in. As Ozzie would say...gimme the tall, wide one...gimme Bobby Jenks (see LBJ circa 63-67)
October 27th, 2005 01:46 PM
gimmekeef A sweep leaves no doubt as to the better team...
October 27th, 2005 07:45 PM
texile no argument here pug - and i'm over it already......
but it wasn't exactly an easy sweep - the sox won by inches in each game....we dogged your asses throughout.
October 27th, 2005 08:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
texile wrote:
no argument here pug - and i'm over it already......
but it wasn't exactly an easy sweep - the sox won by inches in each game....we dogged your asses throughout.

Houston played admriably, but were managed by an embarassment to baseball. I commend the players for making each game a nail biter!
October 27th, 2005 11:11 PM
polksalad69
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I assure you it wasnt a bad call on a hit batsman that caused Cy Young #1, Cy Young #2, and Cy Young #3 to not get the job done.

CLASSIC!!! what did dat rectum Harold Reynolds have to say about dat? according to him, there was no way we were gonna get to Cy #3.
October 27th, 2005 11:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

CLASSIC!!! what did dat rectum Harold Reynolds have to say about dat? according to him, there was no way we were gonna get to Cy #3.

anytime someone is referred to as a rectum....it is a historic and memorable post...if joey were here, he would give you the rest of the day off because thats what I call Postin'

"I do not look like a rectum" jb 2005 and Harold Reynolds 2005

great stuff

go go go go go go go go white sox!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)