ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Kevin!
© 2005 Mr. Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It is with Great pleasure... Return to archive
October 26th, 2005 09:58 PM
Lazy Bones ...I can say I've met the one and only, Martha!

We planned to meet Martha and Chris at the R&R Hall of Fame in the afternoon, followed by drinks and perhaps a bite to eat later on. With traffic, rain, parking and a hotel reservation that disappeared, our time was certainly cut too short. Martha and Chris were short of 3 1/2 hour drive from home but I must say we made the best of our first, brief in-person visit.

Thanks Martha and Chris! It was a great weekend!!

Martha and I at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland, OH -

at the Hard Rock Cafe -

and at the Lions / Browns game, Sunday -

October 26th, 2005 10:15 PM
Gazza

Holy crap! You two are even shorter than I am!

which one of you is which in this photo?

Great photos...it's always a big thrill to meet people from this board.
[Edited by Gazza]
October 27th, 2005 07:04 AM
LadyJane great pics!!!!

Martha...you still headin' my way soon????

Let me know....you shall be greeted.

LJ.
October 27th, 2005 08:04 AM
mac_daddy great pics of two great people!!!
October 27th, 2005 08:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
great pics of two great people!!!

Indeed, some of the nicest. Dying to meet ya, well a phone call missing to Lazybones some years ago was my closest approach to a meeting
October 27th, 2005 09:20 AM
Joey

Hello you two --- Outstanding Pictures !!!!

Thanks

Hope to meet / greet both Lazy bones & Martha this January at ......................Oh , ....... You KNOW !!!!!!:

J. Fly !
October 27th, 2005 12:46 PM
Irina Glad to see you
Great photos! Thank you!
October 27th, 2005 06:37 PM
Martha Gary, didn't I mention before that I am a midget???? ROTFLOL!!!! I love that comment. :-)

Thanks for posting the photos Lazy. I am without technology here in Wilmington....and our photos aren't back yet.

HEY! You can actually make out Dylan's face on my shirt! Yes!

It was so nice to meet you!!!!! It was absolutely too short a visit.....

I want to stay overnight at the Hard Rock next time so I can see ALL the artifacts in that place. It's stuffed full.

Anyone else been to a Hard Rock Cafe any larger than the floor space of the one in Cleveland? I'm curious. This one has lots of square footage and none of it is wasted. Even has photos of Keef I've not seen before along with his (from-the-army-surplus-looking) leather jacket that is falling apart in the staircase area, which is a huge area of the building. Pagey's white ruffled shirt is close to Keef's jacket. John and Yoko shots that I've missed seeing were also there.....nice black and white shots along with some of their peace/art. I felt surrounded by great people. There was also a bust of Bob......so I was in heaven. :-)

And the food was good too! :-) But not as good as the company at the table!

My dear Stonesian brother Lazy Bones,....we could have talked non-stop about music for many, many hours.....I know we were just getting started on that endless subject.

We'll just have to meet again and plan for that!

I've been off-line for a few days getting caught up at home.

Thanks for posting this thread!

xxxxxoooooo,
Martha

October 27th, 2005 07:02 PM
J.J.Flash Great to see your new haircut Martha...... last time I saw you, your hair wasn't short! Good to see you having fun!
October 27th, 2005 07:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'll have to scan the pics that Martha sent me of our meeting last year.

The one of Martha and I straddling the pigs outside The Tavern is outstanding! Hilarious!
October 27th, 2005 08:49 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'll have to scan the pics that Martha sent me of our meeting last year.

The one of Martha and I straddling the pigs outside The Tavern is outstanding! Hilarious!

Please put that shot up! That was a great day too!

When pigs fly!

xxxxxxxxooooooooo,
MM
October 27th, 2005 08:54 PM
Martha
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Great to see your new haircut Martha...... last time I saw you, your hair wasn't short! Good to see you having fun!

Thank you! I like my hair short it is so much easier to deal with. Suits me.

But in my younger daze my hair was over 3 feet long. Before I cut it it was long enough to pull through my legs, but not as long as Crystal Gale's who's hair hit the floor. It took 17 years for my hair to get as long as it finally got. I had a "hay-day" with my long blond hair back then.

Hair was a very important thing to have when I was growing up. :-)

kisses to you sweetie,
Martha!
October 28th, 2005 10:29 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
Anyone else been to a Hard Rock Cafe any larger than the floor space of the one in Cleveland?

The one in Vancouver, BC is much bigger (forgot to mention that one when we were chatting). It's 2 stories, in fact. I wouldn't say it has more artifacts, just bigger ones - including a 20-foot stained glass image of Jimi Hendrix. My wife and I went to Vancouver and Victoria for our honeymoon. I should look for and scan some of those pics.

You're right, Martha, not enough time! Again, soon, my dear...

BTW, I'll post that picture I took of you on the Hard Rock stair case. It's a beauty!
October 29th, 2005 06:35 PM
Martha I loved that staircase!
October 29th, 2005 08:41 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
I loved that staircase!

me too!

October 29th, 2005 09:11 PM
Martha Ahhhh!

I wanna go back right now!

You got a great shot.

I'm standin' right next to Keef's torn up leather jacket. Did you get a close shot of it? I don't remember.

There was so much to look at. I LOVED it there.

:-)

October 29th, 2005 09:29 PM
Lazy Bones ...I didn't.

Wouldn't have come through anyway - your hand prints were all over it!!
October 29th, 2005 10:31 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
...I didn't.

Wouldn't have come through anyway - your hand prints were all over it!!

You weren't supposed to tell on me! LOL
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)