ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Kevin!
© 2005 Mr. Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Taxis in SF 11-12-2005 Return to archive
October 25th, 2005 04:34 PM
pdog If you're in the city partying Saturday Night before the shows kick off, and happen to jump in a cab, be sure to listen for Stones music and say Rocks Off... You will have a free ride, as long as the ride stays in the city of SF... Long distance discounts may be available...LOL!
I may be working a little bit on Sunday before the show, haven't decided. Same applies!
Pdog, serving Drunk Stones fans in NorCal...
October 25th, 2005 04:37 PM
monkey_man How 'bout the other 364 days of the year? Still apply?
October 25th, 2005 05:27 PM
Dan How much for a ride to Burbank after the show?
October 25th, 2005 05:58 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
How 'bout the other 364 days of the year? Still apply?

Hell no !!! I gotta eat and feed my kids...
The rest of the year I not only will get full fare, I would also appreciate big tips! Big tits, well that's another thing!
October 25th, 2005 06:27 PM
monkey_man Big Tits? I knew I had been in your cab before!
October 26th, 2005 11:09 AM
Saint Sway I've always been curious to how often cabbie's in SF have to get new brakes. I imagine its gotta be every other month w/all the hills in that town. Whats the deal w/that pdog?

it should be interesting if someone hops in a cab, hears stones - but pdog isnt driving - and they start yelling out "rocks off! Rocks off! Hey buddy, I thought I'd get a free ride for rocks off??"
[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 26th, 2005 05:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I've always been curious to how often cabbie's in SF have to get new brakes. I imagine its gotta be every other month w/all the hills in that town. Whats the deal w/that pdog?

it should be interesting if someone hops in a cab, hears stones - but pdog isnt driving - and they start yelling out "rocks off! Rocks off! Hey buddy, I thought I'd get a free ride for rocks off??"
[Edited by Saint Sway]

The most asked question. Probably not any different to any big city cabs. It's not the hills, it's just city driving and/or stupid drivers who don't know how to properly brake.
I don't find the hills much of a factor... It's knowing how to drive on them. Clutch driving is also something people are intimidated by. The trick is being able to use your E-brake. Only two legs and three peddles, seems like a problem when getting going on a steep hill, but it's easily solved by engaging the E-brake, slowly releasing the clutch, applying the gas and when you hit the transition point letting the brake off.
The confusion might happen, maybe the "word' should be different! Fuck it! If it ain't Pdog, it ain't free!
October 26th, 2005 06:23 PM
Saint Sway I one of two scenarios...

either getting thrown out of the cab by a disgruntled driver that thinks the rider is offering to get his rocks off for a free ride.

or...

a really happy driver pulling into a back alley to take the RocksOff rider up on his/her offer.

should be interesting
October 27th, 2005 09:22 AM
kovach Good luck getting a cab at PacBell, I really had a hard time finding one after the Lick's tour (walked for blocks, had to chase on down, then he tried to kill me on the way to the airport talking on his cell while lighting a cigarette).
October 27th, 2005 11:54 AM
gimmekeef Pdog..you should do a Stones version of the HBO Taxi True Confessions!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)