ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Kevin!
© 2005 Mr. Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Taylor & Jagger 2003 Video Return to archive
October 24th, 2005 06:23 PM
Dick Bush
Gentlemen,

I am happy to tell that Mick is still the best!

Link taken from Mick's homepage:

http://mt.artworks.free.fr/video/talktome.rm

October 24th, 2005 10:18 PM
CraigP Poor guy.
October 24th, 2005 10:53 PM
pdog While watching that video, I couldn't help but imagine MT on tour with the boys today. There's no way the moving B-stage would work... No Way...LOL!
The guy plays great. BUT Jeez... He needs to include new phrases into his vocabulary like: "No, I couldn't possibly eat another piece of pound cake"!
October 25th, 2005 03:35 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
pdog wrote:
While watching that video, I couldn't help but imagine MT on tour with the boys today. There's no way the moving B-stage would work... No Way...LOL!
The guy plays great. BUT Jeez... He needs to include new phrases into his vocabulary like: "No, I couldn't possibly eat another piece of pound cake"!

P,

Guys playing blues beyond technical exellence - like BB, Buddy, Stevie or Mick - should never be judged on their pounds on the stage, btw, Darryl is not the slimmest one.

One of the reasons why Mick had to leave the young man's best job in history probably was that Stones have changed their musical direction. Mick seems to be really a "too much" blues-weighted guy. Big pity from my own point of view.
October 25th, 2005 03:50 AM
pdog
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

P,

Guys playing blues beyond technical exellence - like BB, Buddy, Stevie or Mick - should never be judged on their pounds on the stage, btw, Darryl is not the slimmest one.

One of the reasons why Mick had to leave the young man's best job in history probably was that Stones have changed their musical direction. Mick seems to be really a "too much" blues-weighted guy. Big pity from my own point of view.

Darryl has slimmed down a bit since Licks... He looks great.
MT didn't leave over musical direction. He left b/c of the bands partying and he wanted more input and credit for previous input. The odd thing is, he got strung out on heroin after leaving and his well of creativity dried up too. I kid about his weight. The real joke, IMO ,is the drugs and and lack of original music that followed, that part is sad. His weight is a cheap shot, but really it's the least abbrassive. I think the guy was a fucking idiot for leaving and not staying in the band. He would've have a much better time on heroin with Mick and Keef!
October 25th, 2005 12:43 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Poor guy.

Don't you worry about the drunk harmonica player - practice makes perfect. And he appears to be a willing guy.
October 25th, 2005 06:57 PM
oldkr that was like watching a bad elvis impersonator!

he's outta shape outta time and a reflection that doesn't quite sit right -- RIP Mick Taylor

BECAUSE IM OLDKR

October 25th, 2005 07:33 PM
Soldatti Taylor is a GREAT player, but he can't play 10 minutes with the Stones.
October 26th, 2005 08:09 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Taylor is a GREAT player, but he can't play 10 minutes with the Stones.

Oboy.
October 26th, 2005 08:33 AM
padre Mick still delivers it, but the band on the clip is just terrible. Too bad he has to settle for such backing "musicians". He deserves better.
October 26th, 2005 05:47 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
padre wrote:
Mick still delivers it, but the band on the clip is just terrible. Too bad he has to settle for such backing "musicians". He deserves better.

Well, Chris was just drunk, the other must be some very poor hobbysts.

Mick is an absolute genius, and unfortunately, this sort of people often have not too much choice to make.
October 26th, 2005 10:02 PM
gotdablouse Chris ? Chris Farlow ? Chris Jagger ? Poor singing for sure.
Mick is still ten times a better player than Ron's ever been though, music just seems to come easy to him, Ronnie's seems to find playing his guitar "painful"...it certainly looks like a struggle !
October 27th, 2005 06:42 AM
albert recently I saw an anniversary concert DVD of John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers.
I think it was 60th anniversary.
Guest appearances by Eric Clapton and Mick Taylor and others.
Mick Taylor is really on fire on that one.
Very nice DVD!

Albert
Holland
October 27th, 2005 10:05 AM
mickmask That was 'Chris Jagger' was it not?

" A bad Elvis impersonator"...

mm.
October 27th, 2005 12:31 PM
Cocaine Eyes
quote:
mickmask wrote:
That was 'Chris Jagger' was it not?

" A bad Elvis impersonator"...

mm.

Ha-Ha
October 28th, 2005 02:19 PM
The Porkchop Express
quote:
pdog wrote:

Darryl has slimmed down a bit since Licks... He looks great.
MT didn't leave over musical direction. He left b/c of the bands partying and he wanted more input and credit for previous input. The odd thing is, he got strung out on heroin after leaving and his well of creativity dried up too. I kid about his weight. The real joke, IMO ,is the drugs and and lack of original music that followed, that part is sad. His weight is a cheap shot, but really it's the least abbrassive. I think the guy was a fucking idiot for leaving and not staying in the band. He would've have a much better time on heroin with Mick and Keef!

yeah, after Taylor left, the Stones creativity dried up as well

I think he made a great move by quitting
October 28th, 2005 02:37 PM
Moonisup
quote:
oldkr wrote:
that was like watching a bad elvis impersonator!

he's outta shape outta time and a reflection that doesn't quite sit right -- RIP Mick Taylor

BECAUSE IM OLDKR

does it hurt to see that Mick T's playing has changed little? Let's look what keith does nowadays, and compare. That's what you are doing.
Cheap shot
October 28th, 2005 02:55 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

does it hurt to see that Mick T's playing has changed little? Let's look what keith does nowadays, and compare. That's what you are doing.
Cheap shot

Wait a minute, Buddy:

As Keef personally recruited Taylor, he was the very best thing the money could buy. Unfortunatelly, and in strong contrast to that sexy, animalic stones, he was a nature born genius musician quite able to make them sound better than an average garage band they actually were. He was a great individual, fully aware of his real price and surely not a little, fully flexible guitar monkey like some other stones' guitar player, who would do anything what the big monkey sez.

Much to my shame, I've seen Mick only one single time, but it was a levitating experience. What is he doing these days? Certainly not money. But no soap opera music as well.

October 28th, 2005 02:57 PM
Moonisup I meant his ability to play the guitar like he did in 1972, and Mick T still does that, and keith fucks up, not that I mind, that's keith in 2005, but no need to diss Mick T,
October 28th, 2005 03:01 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I meant his ability to play the guitar like he did in 1972, and Mick T still does that, and keith fucks up, not that I mind, that's keith in 2005, but no need to diss Mick T,

EVERYBODY would lose his mental balance after the experience he made with stones.

But on a good day, he is still the best one.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)