ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Kevin!
© 2005 Mr. Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Your kids also like Stones? Return to archive
October 23rd, 2005 04:46 PM
Jair Mine, which is 21 yrs old, doesn't, except a few songs here & there.

He is more interested in rap, but lately he notice there is no more nothing good on it.

He's looking for other kind of stuff to listen and making himself some songs & producing anothers, just using computers and softwares like FL Studio...
October 23rd, 2005 05:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Only my nephew (24). He borrowed my copy of ABB and hasn't returned it yet. I've got to give him credit though, he's got alot more Stones records than I do.
October 23rd, 2005 05:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Only my nephew (24). He borrowed my copy of ABB and hasn't returned it yet.

He sold it
October 23rd, 2005 05:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jair wrote:
Mine, which is 21 yrs old, doesn't, except a few songs here & there.

How about Adri?

Dance li'l sistah dance!!!
October 23rd, 2005 05:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl My daughters like them a lot when they were less than five, specially the 60s hits like She's a Rainbow, Ruby Tuesday, Dandelion, Paint it Black, etc

They still like them, but now are more hooked in pop
October 23rd, 2005 06:33 PM
keefkid Wellllllllll lets put it this way....

they sure dont tell us to turn it off at parties .... so thats saying something hahahahahaha
October 23rd, 2005 11:23 PM
Paranoid_Android My Glimmer Twins don't have a choice...they are only 7 weeks old!!!

October 23rd, 2005 11:25 PM
Paranoid_Android Though...they really do not enjoy Start Me Up very much
October 23rd, 2005 11:54 PM
exile I sing "Through The Lonley Nights" for my 16 month old daughter every night as a lullaby and she goes to sleep.

Im not sure if thats a compliment or not on my singing though.

October 24th, 2005 12:09 AM
polksalad69
quote:
Jair wrote:
Mine, which is 21 yrs old, doesn't, except a few songs here & there.

He is more interested in rap, but lately he notice there is no more nothing good on it.

He's looking for other kind of stuff to listen and making himself some songs & producing anothers, just using computers and softwares like FL Studio...

He wants something new, interesting and creative to listen to? Tell him to try:

http://www.ikereilly.com/

Oh, btw, I don't have kids.
October 24th, 2005 04:43 AM
pdog My 4 year old seems to like them. He is fascinated with dead rock stars and he's asking about Brian alot. It's kinda creepy. BUT!!! I get to tell him about Hendrix, Strummer and Lennon among others...
He likes faster stuff, like The Ramones and Rancid, I have a feeling he's really going to dig music alot, so i just play stuff for him all the time...
October 24th, 2005 07:57 AM
Jair
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

He sold it

HA-HA-!!!
October 24th, 2005 09:20 AM
Sir Stonesalot My 9 year old son loves 'em. I'm always finding my Stones CDs in his room. He's been to 2 shows. He's got tour posters hanging in his room.

Very cool.
October 24th, 2005 05:04 PM
sammy davis jr. My 12 yr. old daughter loves Ronnie......and me.
October 24th, 2005 05:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
He sold it

LOL. Probably, I don't give a fuck really...I put it on the computer. However, I must insist that he return it, just out of principal.
October 25th, 2005 11:11 AM
egon I don't have any kids,
but if i did, they would certainly love the stones.
They'd have to cos otherwise i would fire them.
October 25th, 2005 01:21 PM
Jair
quote:
egon wrote:
They'd have to cos otherwise i would fire them.

Hey great idea. Thanks!!!
October 26th, 2005 06:52 AM
shakedhandswithkeith not for sure, but they 18 month and 2 weeks, but I´m working on it
October 26th, 2005 07:29 AM
Jair
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

He wants something new, interesting and creative to listen to? Tell him to try:

http://www.ikereilly.com/

Oh, btw, I don't have kids.

Many thanks, I will.
October 26th, 2005 11:29 AM
time is on my side My two teenage children don't have any interest in the STONES despite my best efforts to the contrary.

In my opinion, they have horrendous taste when it comes to music (my teenage son only listens to rap while the teenage daughter is in the same boat- she has recently "discovered" Lep Zepplin and Pink Floyd from my extensive collection of CD's- so there is still hope).

Also, their friends seem genuinely turned off by classic rock and more into current bands like Greeen Day, Coldplay, and Radiohead than the STONES. It could be these bands are looked upon as more "relevant" as they are relating to a younger generation of listeners and might well be at least a partial explanation to their high record sales. Younger people tend to buy more CD's than older buyers. Whatever the explanation, I think by and large they're listening to crap.

In fact, I'm the only member of my family that likes the STONES (my wife prefers soft Latin or classical music). As I've long said, there is no accounting for musical taste. Everybody seems to be into their own thing. By the way, long family drives can be tortuous affairs with each yelling at the other's musical choices when it comes TIME to actually putting a CD into the CD player.

[Edited by time is on my side]
October 26th, 2005 01:39 PM
Paranoid_Android <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
My Glimmer Twins
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
...born on September 7, 2005...they are enveloped from the ROLLING STONES confetti that fell on us at MCI Center, Washington, DC 10/3/2005
October 26th, 2005 01:39 PM
Paranoid_Android <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
My Glimmer Twins
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
...born on September 7, 2005...they are enveloped from the ROLLING STONES confetti that fell on us at MCI Center, Washington, DC 10/3/2005
October 26th, 2005 01:45 PM
Jair
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
My Glimmer Twins
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

September 7, the same day Brasil Independence (from Portugal...)

October 26th, 2005 10:29 PM
mickmask My 12 yr. old's latest school project. When asked to do a profile on a 'famous composer'.
When asked why MJ...she replied 'you said famous composer...you didn't say they had to be dead' LOL
She loves them!
October 28th, 2005 12:51 AM
no night together my kid is going to be 6.
likes the stones, asks questions, gets bored on some songs, get nuts on others.
being his general taste oriented in glam rock and ballads he loves respectable, when the whip comes down or either streets of love, ruby tuesday etc. which he sings along.
but he's a particular case since he used to play drums pretty seriously since 3/years.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)