ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WORRIED BOUT YOU Return to archive
10-29-02 09:56 PM
BILL PERKS SHIDOOBEE'S GOT A DOWNLOAD OF WORRIED ABOUT YOU FROM CHICAGO AND THE JAGGER VOCAL ON THIS TRACK IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING,CHARLIE AND BERNARD ARE GREAT AS WELL AND AS USUAL THE GUITARS COME UP SMALL.CHECK IT OUT!
10-30-02 07:02 AM
steel driving hammer I love and admire how they stuck to the album and they didn't even need to.

Stones.
10-30-02 07:31 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
AS USUAL THE GUITARS COME UP SMALL.(...)CHECK IT OUT!

WHY IS THAT??!!

ARE THEY LOUD ON STAGE AND CONSEQUENTLY LOW IN THE MIX OFF THE DESK??!!wtf?

I'LL CHECK IT OUT ANYWAY%$##

i heard roseland for the first time today - audience sound - that's how strong.. going to a gogo and aint too proud... they've got the juice but you are right YOU CAN'T HEAR THE GUITARS so i don't hear the drive

so i really want to hear it for myself

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-30-02 07:48 AM
fmk438j
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
lines

Stones.

hey SDh, what the hell does the copyright law on the eyes line mean? I've never figured it out. Is there one?
10-30-02 12:07 PM
steel driving hammer It's a lyric to a Stones song!

On Aftermath.

Can you guess?

Speaking of Aftermath, I don't like Grunge music at all but,
I think Aftermath was this planets Earth 1st Grunge album, no?
10-30-02 09:18 PM
BILL PERKS THEY SUCK CAUSE THEY ARE HARDLY PLAYED WHILE THE ORIGINAL HAD A GREAT RIFF DURING THE VERSES.STILL A GREAT VERSION ANYWAY.
10-30-02 09:25 PM
Nasty Habits Why, Bill Perks, are you (shock) suggesting that the guitarists on this tour are perhaps not committed to 100% constant rock noise concentration and THAT is perhaps why the guitars come up weak on the recording? That there are too many holes in the wall of sound and that the bulk of these holes are perpetuated by the guy with the feathers in his hair? That, perhaps, the wildly inconsistent guitar mix is largely due to the fact that certain key(th) members are only really digging in on the slow numbers and not slaying on the fast ones (actually, you're not saying this, and it surprised me that Keith does not kill on Worried About You, except, oh wait, it's Mick's song). Why, this would mean that some mama's boy over at stage left is not pulling his weight even though he certainly knows how to talk like a bitch in interview situations.

How interesting.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
10-30-02 09:26 PM
parmeda Steel!

AFTERMATH!

OMG! I've been waiting for them to 'Paint One Of These Shows Black' for crying out miserable loud...I love that album.

And now that you mentioned your thoughts about it being "grundy"...I see your point. Thanks! I think I shall go and take another listen.

Pam
10-30-02 09:32 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Speaking of Aftermath, I don't like Grunge music at all but,
I think Aftermath was this planets Earth 1st Grunge album, no?

I can't quite get to that sdh -- Why is it grunge? For one things the songs are too fast, the sound too diverse, and the attitude is too confident -- Grunge whineys tend to lay back and let the mean old world roll over them rather than take it on home.

I tend to think of it as the great garage rock 'n' roll album that every band that ever makes a record should aspire to create.

Write me a song as good as "It's Not Easy", Eddie Vedder!