ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Did anybody see the Stones NBA spot? Return to archive
10-29-02 08:03 PM
Boomhauer Just wondering............I haven't seen it yet. I saw the Adam Sandler one. Anyway, I hate the fucking NBA.

BTW, did you guys see Shawn Kemp on the floor?
Hooooooooooooooly Shit, what happened to that guy? He must have gained 100 lbs. in two years! Six to eight years ago this mother was flying 20 feet above the rim. NOw, I don't think the guy can get a finger roll in. Must have been the munchies he was getting from all the chiba.
10-29-02 08:54 PM
sirmoonie The ole "manchild" never quite did live up to his press did he?

How could you hate the NBA man? Best game in town.
10-29-02 09:12 PM
Boomhauer I don't like it anymore because of how all of the guys on the Bulls split after 98'. It was horrible. Those guys would have never let the Lakers win anything. I think they could have stayed together but I think all of the players and coaches couldn't stand Kraut (call him that because it looks like he's had 1 million more Bratwursts than he should have eaten) and he wanted to get young instead of win 2-4 more rings.

Now the NBA is just shiny rims, flashing jewelry, Shaq Pack meals at Burger King, Kobeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Playstation 2's hooked up in the Benz, and havin' twelve g five glocks in chicket take dat wit a spoon wit 36'' rims on the Bently.

WORD!

Although, Kings-Lakers is a showdown. I'm glad Doug Christie hit Rick Fox back. That flamin' asshole deserved it for being a prick!
[Edited by Boomhauer]
10-30-02 11:48 AM
Lazy Bones

The Stones score ad pact with NBA

By JAM! Music

The Rolling Stones will be hooping it up with
the National Basketball Association this year.

The legendary rockers and the NBA have
joined forces for a promotional campaign that
will start next Tuesday and air throughout the
league's season, Reuters reports.

Footage from the Stones' current North
American tour will be mixed with game action
highlights for a 30-second "Love It Live" TV
spot.

The ad will depict the group performing its new
single, "Don't Stop," from their new compilation
album "Forty Licks." NBA stars featured in the
ad include Shaquille O'Neal, Jason Kidd, and
Kevin Garnett.

The ad will debut on Tuesday when the
Philadelphia 76ers play the Orlando Magic and
the San Antonio Spurs take on defending
champions the Los Angeles Lakers.

Jagger's father, a retired sports professor,
helped make basketball popular in Britain, and
he coached his son's high school team.
10-30-02 12:17 PM
sirmoonie Hey, did you guys see it yet? Its slick. Cool MTV style split second clips of the boys playing geetar mixed in with slam dunkage. At end they show the infamous stadium tongue doing a Scarface type lizard lick and then cut to Kobe doing some kind of weird ass stuff with his tongue.

I bet this helps sale of 40 Licks.

Stones and hoops! Together at last.