ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who Sang the Stones Song "Happy?" Return to archive
10-29-02 03:01 PM
housesit23 Was it Mick or keith?
10-29-02 03:06 PM
nankerphelge Keith
10-29-02 03:06 PM
jb Keith lead vocals;Jagger back up vocals....today..Keith only as Mick retreats to the bowels of stage...
10-29-02 03:26 PM
Moonisup
quote:
housesit23 wrote:
Was it Mick or keith?

That was a joke I hope??

and welcome to this palace of love
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-29-02 03:37 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

That was a joke I hope??

and welcome to this palace of love
[Edited by Moonisup]

LOL.

I love in '72/3 when Mick and Keith sung in the same mic durring,
"Never got a lift out of Lear jets when I can fly way back home."

Love how they put soul in just the word Home...

Way back Hoame!
10-29-02 03:42 PM
jb I watch L&G just to see the great ones "hug" the mike together...Mick puts his hands on his hips to make room for Keith to share the mike...You would think just once, if only out of instinctual habit, Keith would approach Mick at the mike...but it will never happen again...Sad, Sad, Sad...
[Edited by jb]
10-29-02 03:56 PM
David Keith Moon
10-29-02 03:57 PM
jb Is dead , just like the Joey!!!!
10-29-02 05:03 PM
Honky Tonker Housesit,

Without trying to sound like an asshole, you need to get a book or two about the Stones (or read the liner notes on some CD's). In time you'll come to appreciate the, uh, unique vocal qualities of Mr. Richards.
[Edited by Honky Tonker]
10-29-02 07:07 PM
sonicrock charlie watts
10-29-02 08:05 PM
Scot Rocks Keef Richards!!!!!!!!!!I am drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!Listening to LIB remastered!!!!!!!!!!!I love Keef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"You got the Silver..."

Cheers

Mark
10-29-02 10:05 PM
sammy davis jr. It is a little known fact that Bobby Sherman sang the lead vocal on Happy. He was hanging out at Keith's rental home in France on a drug binge with Keith and Anita. Both he and Keith did a take, but Bobby's won out. I hope Keith's version makes it on the rarities and outtakes CD their putting together.
10-29-02 10:09 PM
Mother baby
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Bobby Sherman

Shit I thought it was Tiny Tim.
10-29-02 11:31 PM
notimeonhand Your kidding ..... Right????
10-30-02 04:00 AM
stonedinaustralia cheers housesit23 - you've really illustrated the benefits of getting back to basics -it's a cool thread...

for a whole lotta reasons i figure it was a joke...but i could be wrong!!....so, lol

but you should check out ronnies first solo album and of course the toronto tapes, the '81 tapes and peaches gone south if you want to get to the heart of the matter (that is if you haven't already!!) ha! - all roads lead to hank williams apparently with the everly's a major by-way - k was always the cowboy (see 25x5 & charone or bokris)

yes jb it's sad but true

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-30-02 05:47 AM
F505 quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Bobby Sherman
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shit I thought it was Tiny Tim.

And I thought it was Liberace
10-30-02 08:25 AM
egon me, last night in the shower.

maybe it was crap, but i sure was loud!
10-30-02 09:19 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:
I watch L&G just to see the great ones "hug" the mike together...Mick puts his hands on his hips to make room for Keith to share the mike...You would think just once, if only out of instinctual habit, Keith would approach Mick at the mike...but it will never happen again...Sad, Sad, Sad...
[Edited by jb]

But why not? Why on earth not? I don't understand this whole thing with the contract and Mick being backstage while Keith does his part, blah, blah, blah. F**k the contract! Get out there and sing Happy both of you! I mean, with all these things happening on this tour (Exile nights, clubs, arenas and stadiums all together) I think they should have thought of the idea themselves. It can happen. It should happen!
10-30-02 09:29 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

But why not? Why on earth not? I don't understand this whole thing with the contract and Mick being backstage while Keith does his part, blah, blah, blah. F**k the contract! Get out there and sing Happy both of you! I mean, with all these things happening on this tour (Exile nights, clubs, arenas and stadiums all together) I think they should have thought of the idea themselves. It can happen. It should happen!

fotonid - you're asking them to repeat the past

what is the point of that?
[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-30-02 09:37 AM
FotiniD Well, maybe, but on the other hand I don't think we can call it "repeating the past" - at least not any more than doing the same about the Stones playing club gigs or older songs. Clubs had been neglected for all this time, and now they're back on. No complaints about that!

I think that sometimes the Stones are limited by their own "image" and history. It's their own stage, their own gig, and I feel they should be more entitled to play as they want, forgetting tight playlists and schedules and must's and mustn'ts. So bring the Glimmer Twins back together on stage, PLEASE

I'd just love to see that energy exchange between Mick and Keith live. I've only seen it in videos And the point of it all? Fun! Keith said this tour's for fun either way