ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones score with basketball advert Return to archive
10-29-02 09:08 AM
CS LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Mick Jagger, a keen hoops player in his youth, has become the newest recruit to the U.S. National Basketball Association.
Veteran rockers the Rolling Stones have joined forces with the NBA for a promotional campaign that will air throughout the league's season, which begins on Tuesday, both parties said.

A 30-second "Love It Live" TV spot mixing footage from the Stones' current North American tour with game action highlights, will debut on Tuesday when the Philadelphia 76ers play the Orlando Magic and the San Antonio Spurs take on defending champions the Los Angeles Lakers.

The advert will depict the group performing its new single "Don't Stop," which is taken from its compilation album "Forty Licks". NBA stars featured in the ad include Jason Kidd, Shaquille O'Neal, and Kevin Garnett, a statement said.

Jagger's father, a retired sports professor, helped make basketball popular in Britain, and he coached his son's high school team. Keith Richards and Ron Wood are better known for their prowess at the snooker table.
10-29-02 02:28 PM
magicwoman i know it heard it on the radio today
10-29-02 02:29 PM
Moonisup radio 1? by any chance?
10-29-02 02:38 PM
Irresistible Lady Yes i heard it to on the radio today,on radio 538 if you wanna know..it whas on the news from 2 o'clock..
10-29-02 02:43 PM
Moonisup oh my god do you really listen to that??

I don't I just Don't stop