ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in NBA spot Return to archive
10-29-02 09:07 AM
nankerphelge LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rolling Stone Mick Jagger, a keen basketball player in his youth, has become the newest recruit to the NBA.

The veteran English rock band has joined forces with the NBA for a promotional campaign that will air throughout the league's season, which begins on Tuesday, both parties said on Monday

A 30-second "Love It Live" TV spot mixing footage from the Stones' current North American tour with game action highlights, will debut on Tuesday when the Philadelphia 76ers play the Orlando Magic and the San Antonio Spurs take on defending champions the Los Angeles Lakers.

The ad will depict the group performing its new single "Don't Stop," which is taken from its compilation album "Forty Licks." NBA stars featured in the ad include Jason Kidd, Shaquille O'Neal, and Kevin Garnett, a statement said.

Jagger's father, a retired sports professor, helped make basketball popular in Britain, and he coached his son's high school team. His bandmates, guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood, are better known for their prowess at the snooker table.
10-29-02 09:19 AM
CS We posted the same article at the same time, but mine was a minute late, sorry.
10-29-02 09:24 AM
nankerphelge Great minds think alike! Or at least scour the net at the same time...
10-29-02 10:29 AM
sirmoonie Can you imagine Mick doing a finger roll lay up? I can.
10-29-02 10:45 AM
Street Fighting Man Teriffic co-marketing arrangement by the Stones well-oiled marketing machine - both the NBA + Stones should benefit from the advertising campaign. Should help kick-start Stones ticket sales in lagging markets + additiional sales of 40 Licks.

Don't Stop might be Michael Jordon + Mick Jagger's theme song!
10-29-02 11:04 AM
2000 Man God I hate bassitball. Never had a bassitball jones. Then again, maybe it's because I live in Cleveland. Why can't the Stones promote college football? Then I'd at least get to see it.

Maybe Don't Stop will finally get some airplay around here, though.