ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Complete Woodstock rehearsals.... Return to archive
10-28-02 09:13 PM
full moon What the hell is this bootleg???
10-28-02 09:52 PM
sirmoonie If its what I think you are talking about, its some rehearsals from '78 tour. That it happens to be in Woodstock, NY is irrelevant to "Woodstock." I think.

I just got it from a friend and it is some of the coolest Stones stuff I have ever heard. Hours of Stones' blue mud. Famous for Cocksucker Blues take, but much more and better goodies in there.

Can't believe this stuff exists. Can't believe I have it.

What a band. What a fucking glorious band the Rolling Stones are. You would have to be out of your fucking mind not to like the Stones. Mind out o' fuck. Fuck out o' mind.
10-28-02 10:11 PM
full moon That is what I was talking about.. Is the quality and sound very good???
10-28-02 11:18 PM
2000 Man The quality is excellent, and there's two versions. One is four disks and the other is like a killer highlights and it's two disks. Both are great!
10-29-02 03:08 AM
marko OH YEAH,its an absolute MUST.I have both originals.I think
sir moonie got it from sir stonesalot,who got it from me
when back when,its a small world.never mind,but if you need
it,just e-mail me!Mr ss will soon be busy,,,
10-29-02 03:21 AM
fmk438j To me, IORR never sounded better than on those discs.

Other highlights would be the ragged Play With Fire, and the way Mick says 'crust of bread' in JJF.

10-29-02 06:25 AM
marko i think the best song on 78 rehearsals is Prodigal son!
damn best song to listen when you�re DRINKING!!
10-29-02 06:31 AM
fmk438j
quote:
marko wrote:
i think the best song on 78 rehearsals is Prodigal son!
damn best song to listen when you�re DRINKING!!

Yes definitely. Also Crackin Up.

10-29-02 10:33 AM
T&A and don't forget about the killer version of Tell Me - oh, how I wish the boys would resurrect this early classic...
10-30-02 05:23 PM
justforyou Right with you on 'tell me' with the keyboards clinging in the chorus, come to think of it theres some great piano/keyboard grooving on those rehearsals...'crazy mama' sounds brilliant there too!
10-30-02 05:30 PM
Moonisup Tell me is great on that one! I love the break on that one! don't look back is also great and the 17 (?) minutes version of miss you
10-30-02 08:31 PM
Fiji Joe I must have listened to a different boot, but I thought this one really blew as far as sound quality...dooped again
10-30-02 08:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot Fiji....Private Message me your snail mail addy. I'll make sure you get the goods.
10-30-02 09:41 PM
Fiji Joe Done deal SS...check your PM and let me know what I need to do...thanks for your help.
10-30-02 10:04 PM
Fiji Joe Speaking of boots...I know it's been done many times, but I would like some input on what you guys think are the essentials...thanks