ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones Using New Sony Wireless Mics on Tour Return to archive
10-28-02 02:00 PM
CS Rolling Stones Using New Sony Wireless Mics on Tour
Monitor Engineer Chris Wade-Evans likes durability and approximation of classic cable sound
NEW YORK, Oct. 22, 2002 --

With the gymnastics of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, wireless mics are a necessity for The Rolling Stones' tours, and they have been using Sony wireless systems since Monitor Engineer Chris Wade-Evans started with them for the historic 1989 Steel Wheels tour. During the current Forty Licks World Tour 2002/03, he reports, they are using Sony's new PC-Controlled MB-8N Rack Mount Tuner Base and WRU-8N Synthesized Tuner Unit.

Chris Wade-Evans back stage with a rack of Sony PC-controlled MB-8N Rack Mount Tuner Bases (click for larger view).

"It's important to know what new equipment is coming to the market, and I survey the field for new developments before every tour, but Sony wireless mics tend to hold up," Wade-Evans says. "They get a tremendous workout, and we have to change capsules frequently, but unless one flies off stage, these microphones are extremely durable and, they come as close to the classic cable sound as we can get."

Scheduled to visit Europe, Australia, Mexico and the Far East, the Licks World Tour is one of the Stones' most ambitious undertakings ever.

10-28-02 02:16 PM
luxury1 And I noticed that Mick is using an ear piece this tour--I never saw one on him before--only on the B Stage, so he could hear his harp mic--remember the little hissy fit he had when he couldn't hear himself on a recent video (sorry, my brain is a sieve) and he yanked it off himself and got all tangled up in the cords--god I loved that moment--I thought it was during Like a Rolling Stone, and he fucks up royally and says Fuck right into the mic--anyway, where was I going with all this? Oh yeah--the ear piece--is that new for him this tour?
10-29-02 04:25 AM
Mathijs Jagger uses an ear plug for his left ear since 1990 -he jokedly blamed Keith for damaging his ear.

Mathijs
10-29-02 10:29 AM
Staffan Surprised they don't all use ear plugs.. it must be darned loud up there. And hundreds of shows too! I always (almost!) use my custom moulded ear plugs.. they are awesome.