ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One Last Thought on RS Cover Return to archive
10-28-02 01:51 AM
Hand O Fate I thought it was great that Keith decided against a shirt. It was just another middle finger directed at mainstream society. Keith doesn't give two shits about someone's petty idea of what his body should look like. It's not whats on the outside. He ain't no bubble gum pop star who gets by on appearance. The man has soul. He ain't gonna let anyone tell him what is acceptable. That is Keith Richards. He is a survivor. There are alot of people who ain't here today who would gladly change places with ole Keef. He wasn't trying to look good for the camera, he's not hiding anything. He is who he is. Fuck anybody who doesn't like it.
10-28-02 03:57 AM
Child of the Moon Agreed 100%. Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll himself...

THAT should have been the cover headline.
10-28-02 08:41 PM
sirfito
I agree 100% too.
Fito
10-28-02 09:00 PM
full moon FUcking right.........
10-30-02 08:49 AM
egon "I thought it was great that Keith decided against a shirt"

even better that in christina decided against one (and trousers)
10-30-02 08:55 AM
F505 quote:
He wasn't trying to look good for the camera, he's not hiding anything. He is who he is.

He looks pretty good to me
10-30-02 09:15 AM
FotiniD
quote:
F505 wrote:

He looks pretty good to me

He looks good to me too! My mum thinks I'm sick and twisted, but I think he looks damn good. And I'll stand by that!
10-30-02 10:48 AM
Maxlugar I wonder how many people here were the same ones who knocked Mick Taylor for never "looking like a Stone" or who say he is an embarrasment because he is "fat and bloated" now.

And that Ronnie was "always" a Stone because he "looked the part".

Seems looks are quite important SOME of the time, hmmmm?

Just like Steelie, it goes both ways.

Can someone look this up and get back to us?
10-30-02 10:52 AM
sirmoonie Wouldn't you "boys" rather look at this week's cover. Hmmmmm? I said "Hmmmm"?

"Tie a belt around my neck and let me have at it, Ronnie!"
10-30-02 11:12 AM
jb Keith looks great..he also looks terrific in Vanity Fair, as do the rest of the band....The current cover of RS vividly illustrates the dire state of todays music...I mean people are actually taking Britney Spears and Shakira seriously?....They are certainly beautiful women, but to call the music that they perform anything other than pop trash, would simply be a misnomer...
[Edited by jb]
10-30-02 11:15 AM
Maxlugar If you have access to a NY Post today, Moonie, I suggest you turn quickly, QUICKLY!, to page 11.

There you will find one of the most beautiful pictures of Brittney Spears that was ever taken.

What a fucking DOLL!

Maxy!
10-30-02 01:24 PM
Factory Girl Shouldn't C. Aguilera be striking that pose in Penthouse? Have Rolling Stone and Penthouse become one and same? We need a MUSIC magazine...lol.
10-30-02 02:56 PM
luxury1 Yeah--that 2-pg spread photo of the band in the latest Vanity Fair is one of the best ever! I just had it mounted and framed for my new house. I love that it is so current, but they all still look "the part."
10-30-02 02:56 PM
luxury1 See- jb--I am playing nice now.
10-30-02 03:09 PM
jb Good...I think we can all use a break from some of the negative energy as of late...I will endeaver to do my part.
10-30-02 03:30 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Shouldn't C. Aguilera be striking that pose in Penthouse? Have Rolling Stone and Penthouse become one and same? We need a MUSIC magazine...lol.

I saw Christina Aquilera her nipple piercing. well that was nice, they show a photo of it on dutch tv. like to suck that one!
10-30-02 03:34 PM
jb She really has turned up the "sex" in her latest video...obviously lack of talent =more nudity.
10-30-02 03:37 PM
Moonisup TRUE!!!!!
10-30-02 03:39 PM
winter JB:

If that's the case, I'm all for lack of talent!

Stop, drop and roll does work in my Bed, Christina

wintah
10-30-02 03:39 PM
Maxlugar If you ask me, I say she's about 10 more pounds from looking like Cyndi Lauper.

10-30-02 03:41 PM
jb Truthfully Max, without makeup, Chritiana is not that great..but a body to die for...also..recently said she is only interested in dating black men...Where is keeprigid?
[Edited by jb]
10-30-02 03:48 PM
sirmoonie The best of the group is Shakira. Seriously, how on god's earth do you move your butt like that? Thats freakin' incredible! That and a waffle iron and some cellophane.....

Blanche! Hold all calls for the next 15 minutes!
10-30-02 03:52 PM
jb She atleast "plays" guitar...she is an avid belly dancer...
Funny, I don't like big butts...never big on J-lo..I like the skinny, anoroexic type....may lovely wife was 95lbs when we married ..and 11 years later, unfortunately with the birth of 2 kids, has ballooned to 115...
10-30-02 03:57 PM
Moonisup her new clip is pretty cool!! I like her, and when she wiggles her ass, something grows with me ehehehehehhe
10-30-02 03:57 PM
sirmoonie She doesn't have a big one Josh. It just moves like a paint can mixer, projecting the mere illusion of relative immensitude.
10-30-02 04:01 PM
Moonisup mmmmmm I have seen her photos mann how nice that ass goes and goes
10-30-02 09:33 PM
Maxlugar Shakira has the prettiest face I have ever seen stick a mic in front of it.

Perfect.
10-30-02 09:48 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Seriously, how on god's earth do you move your butt like that? Thats freakin' incredible!

When I caught her performance on the MTV Video Music Awards and saw that ass shake I realized that we were in the presence of groin wiggling talent unseen since Elvis. That thing waggles its finger at you!

And I waggle back.