ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thoughts on Atlanta Return to archive
10-27-02 01:28 PM
tumblingdice Damn too much stuff to remember what all to put in here!!!!Great show, with CYHMK and Rambler at the same show for the first time I think. May be wrong there but I know my section was surprised with Rambler for encore then Satisfaction. HELL YEAH!!!!!Great performance with Keith's set being great. Sweet,heartfelt, singalong on slipping away. Great slide by Ronnie on Happy which was one of the Keith songs I had not had before. After this show I am not sure that some of the boots are that bad on sound mix as there were problems most of the night at least in my section. There were times it was great but others it seemed guitars were not mixed good and at least at start of show Ronnie was very low in the mix. Funny shit on Don't Stop is you could see on the Ronnie Cam they hook to his guitar that he was playing his ass off on the first solo of the song, but all I could hear was Keith on rythym!!!! Then finally a little Ronnie. Angie was low on all parts, but perhaps this was seat location although sec. 117 was not bad!!!!Other songs sound was good all over with things really kicking on the b stage which was not that far away at all. Loved Can't turn you loose and Start Me Up was the best in my opinion in years. The last few tours it seemed a little slow or something but was kicking last night with a great audible Ronnie! Mick sounded great as usual with only fuck up seeming in the middle of Monkey Man where, it is hard to tell what happened but, it seemed Mick may have forgotten what part of the song he was at and had to restart with a little delay on the right words, but pulled it off great with your average fucker not even noticing! Great visuals also with both short and tall, blonde, brunette and red headed, long legged and short legged, big breasted and small, tight assed and skimpy honnies moving around all through the night. And the visuals on the screen was not that bad either! Great show, great people around, dancing in section 117 all through the night. This was a little hard on my bad back as me and my 5 year old boy went and I had to hold him so he could see. But well worth the pain I promise you. Be sure to catch them in your town, they are still the best. One other note, watching them play pantie soccer on the b stage was great. Ronnie can really kick a pair of panties high into the air on 2 occasions one a great shot right at Keith!!
10-27-02 01:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot Glad you had a great time...how'd your 5 year old like it?

BTW, I saw them play both MR & CYHMK at Roseland. One right after the other. I'm still trying to recuperate from that.
10-27-02 02:05 PM
tumblingdice He liked it SS. I wanted to take my 7 year old girl as she is less shy and would sing along to all the songs but being a dad I knew that would present bathroom break problems so I took the boy. He still danced along and had a great time though. Only down side is I drove all night then hung around the stadium for hours so he was a little tired, but we all love the Stones here!!! He was as ready to get in the gate as I was though!!!
10-27-02 02:24 PM
Honky Tonker Show was great. We even got to hear the soundcheck! Standing outside we heard Tumbling, Angie, Rooster, and Whip about 5 o'clock. That whipped us into an even bigger frenzy (as did the Dawgs win over Kentucky)! They are still the best! DO NOT BELEIVE THE BULLSHIT SOME OF THESE CRITICS ARE WRITING!!! You know, the usual, too old, etc.
10-27-02 02:30 PM
Honky Tonker One more thing. I usually don't even go to see the opener. Over the last couple of tours I missed seeing a couple of pretty good ones (Third Eye Blind, Goo Goo Dolls). We went in to see No Doubt last night and I was pleasantly pleased and surprised. Lots of energy, songs were catchy, their asshole drummer left his pants on, Gwen looked pretty good. Was hoping we'd get Sheryl Crow, but they weren't bad.

P. S. They also kept their set short as they knew everyone was there for the Stones.I still have nightmares of David Lee Roth not leaving the stage for hours on the 81 tour. That clown thought he was the show.
10-27-02 03:01 PM
tumblingdice Honkey Tonk they also played Can't turn you loose in the sound check it was the first one they did I believe. So I knew that one was coming and it was great.
10-27-02 04:32 PM
Honky Tonker Thanks, Tumbling, must have been getting a beer (or releasing one) at that time. I think Otis (and the Blues Brothers) would have been proud of that one.
10-27-02 07:43 PM
Turner Loved it! Glad the rain held out- but now it's over... and then depression set in.
10-28-02 11:34 AM
Fiji Joe Fiji's back...this show kicked ass!!! The boys sound as good as ever!!! One thing of note, and to the critics. I an firmly convinced that it is not the Stones that are too old...it is their fans. These guys wore me out and I am relatively young by Stones standards. Fans started strong but many wore beat by the time the band left for the B-Stage.

Yes, depression has set in big time.
10-28-02 03:07 PM
jb I can honestly say I liked this stadium show more than the 2 arena shows I just saw down here. The "event like" atmosphere of a stadium just can't be beat....
10-28-02 07:10 PM
Honky Tonker Hey JB, I looked for you at and around Turner Field Saturday night. Tried to recognize you from your picture. I was gonna ask how the Atlanta show compared to some others, but you've already answered that. Although there is no southern hospitality left in Atlanta (I'm from rural south Georgia), the southern girls (to paraphrase Cheap Trick) sure are pretty.
10-29-02 02:56 PM
jb I did'nt know a soul and was in and out the same evening(early morning) from West Palm only about 45 minutes....The show was the best yet(but as people tend to say, my last Stone's concert was my best Stone's concert)....I was wearing Ted baker English jeans, white "theory " neru collar shirt, and Navy blue double-breasted "pea-coat" with "tods" black boot shoes...I was, in my opinion, dressed considerably better than most of the cow folks around me....
10-29-02 04:33 PM
Honky Tonker I was wearing Levi Strauss jeans, a Rolling Stones denim shirt (circa 1994), and Nike sneakers. The smiles on my kids' faces made me a wealthy man! Great time had by all!
10-29-02 04:39 PM
jb Cool....shooting hard for MSG in 03...will definitely be at Reliant stadium...
10-29-02 05:06 PM
Honky Tonker Gonna try for Nashville. Where is Reliant?