ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header pic - Chaz in Montauk Return to archive
10-27-02 07:17 AM
nankerphelge While I was perusing the Exhibition at the Govinda, there was a series of pics from this fellah that claim a date of 1978 on Montauk, Long Island. The more I looked at it (and it is in the 40x20 book too), it seemed to me that the date was wrong. Now of course I didn't take the pics so what the hell do I know? But, I am a pretty good Stones fan last I checked, and when I put on my lab coat and safety glasses, and did a full forensic review, it seemed to me that the pics were from a number of different years (Mick's hair length, Charlie's do, etc) and mostly before '78. Some looked cicra '76 Black and Blue, some looked circa '77 circa El Mocambo. And Montauk was their rehearsal site for '75 -- I wasn't aware that they spent any great amount of time there in '78.

Not that any of this matters all that much, but I hate disconnects...
10-27-02 03:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Nanky, the text at the book and at the gallery says that it was taken in 1981 preparing for the European Tour.

Of course I know those pix were not taken late 1981, I assumed it was 1978 because of Jagger t-sgirt with the Legend "Linda Ronsdtand Queen oF L.A.

NOw I think that it could be earlier, if we connect the text legend "Preparing for the European Tour" could be 1976. Also Keith t-shirt was used in some pix of 1977.

The fact is, both the book and the gallery were wrong as it can't be from 1981-1982
10-27-02 04:33 PM
luxury1 I think Nanky and Voodoo have too much time on their hands. That, or they need real jobs.
10-27-02 04:59 PM
kath long as there is a charlie pic, i don't care...leave it up as long as you want, gerardo!
10-27-02 05:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I think Nanky and Voodoo have too much time on their hands. That, or they need real jobs.

10-27-02 09:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Montauk, Long Island, NY - 197? by Chris Makos
From the 40x20 Exhibition Now on world tour!!!

10-28-02 04:17 AM
Mathijs This pic of Charlie is taken at Andy Warhol's home on Montauk, Long Island, May 1975, during rehearsels for the upcoming 1975 tour.

Mathijs
10-28-02 07:45 AM
Maxlugar What Johnny Mathijs said.

Maxy!
10-28-02 08:01 AM
nankerphelge Maybe luxy is right. Maybe I do have too much time on my hands. Instead of wasting my time looking for such insignificant mistakes as the dates of a Stones photograph, I should apply my intellect in a more constructive manner, to benefit mankind and make this world a better place. I could try to find a cure for cancer, for example. Or solve the world's hunger problem.

Or better yet, I could become an EMT and save Noltied Stones fans!

10-28-02 09:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Of course Luxy is right, specially in the first part!!!

I do have too much time on my hands, well I rather would have other �things� in my hands LOL�

It�s just (1) a good photographic memory, I do remember how one of C10-YOTIs told me in NYC �how can you remember the MSG show so well if you attended it in such state of mind?� and (2) something called �time management and priority setting�

For the "time on my hands", I have plenty, like everybody else, 24 hours per day, it's juts matter of managing them:

I have a wife and three daughters and all weekends are for them, and during weekdays some hours per day.

I have a full time job as a Director of Business Development at an important Coatings Company with International Operations. I�m also an Associate Professor at the Chemical Engineering Department of one of the top 5 Universities in my country, in which I�m also part of the Academic Board. I�m also a member of the board of Directors of Trico, Mucientes and Inmuebles de M�xico. I promote rock shows here, in fact when I was in NYC recently I visited Artist Group International to bring "Yes" here.

One more thing� I co-own and manage a website and message board called �Rocks Off� LOL

Well now I do recommend you all to use any second of your life intensely, or as I said in NYC in our recent parties� live your life to the extreme, you have one and that�s sure, you don�t know for sure what�s next, so enjoy it and be creative, innovator, productive and specially be a rolling stone! Not like a rolling stone, be one of them!!

Love you all...

Sincerely
The nopal prophet also known as Voodoo Chile in Wonderland!

Voo Voo Vooooo Vooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodo

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10-28-02 09:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
This pic of Charlie is taken at Andy Warhol's home on Montauk, Long Island, May 1975, during rehearsels for the upcoming 1975 tour.

Mathijs

Now another big mistake on the book and the text in the exhibition, it was not 1981 preparing for the European Tour but in 1975 rehearsing for the USA tour!

The rehearsals at Warhol Church Estate were April and May, 1975.

Hope you're right now Mathijs, I do remember you assuring that some shots of the New Barbarians were the Emotional Rescue sessions, when actually it was the New Barbarians backstage.
10-28-02 10:13 AM
Maxlugar Hey Voodoo, don't we have a little business deal still pending?

Developing............

Maxy!
10-28-02 11:02 AM
luxury1 Wow--who knew Voodoo was such an important man!! I is duly impressed, as I have no such credentials, except that I do try to live my life as one of the Stones, however, security is always getting in my fucking way when I try to get on stage.
10-28-02 11:08 AM
egon
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
however, security is always getting in my fucking way when I try to get on stage.

NOW THAT IS FUNNY