ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

REUTERS/Fred Prouser
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: N� 1 in France + concerts. Return to archive
10-23-02 02:20 AM
marcus aurelianus The Rolling Stones are still n�1 in France .

In July , they should perform in Paris : the Stade de France (80 000 people ), in the Arena Paris-Bercy (18 000), in a theatre : the Olympia ( like in 1995 ).
It is also rumoured that they should perform in Marseille stadium (50 000), south of France .

All these dates should be confirmed ( or not ) on 29th ou 30th of October ...
10-23-02 07:31 AM
Lacride Ave Marcus!
BTW, Dominique Laboub�e, the singer of "Les Dogs", was found dead, 45 years old
http://docs.connection.free.fr/FrenchVersion/jeuCadres.html
Among their own material, Les Dogs covered, The Kinks, Animals, Yardbirds, Velvet... I often heard they were influenced by the Stones, they never covered. Am I wrong?
Rest in peace, Do
10-23-02 12:36 PM
marcus aurelianus Hi Lacride !The DOGS used to be famous in the late 70 es and 80 es .Yes , they were influenced by the Stones . Sad news .

When I say the Stones are still n�1 in France , I was talking about 40 LICKS , of course .They have been n� 1 for 3 weeks !!! Isn't that excellent ??
10-23-02 01:12 PM
Jacques Hi French writers and others
to complete what Marcus said :Forty Licks is
N�1 France,Ireland, Italy
N�2 Canada, UK, Switzerland, Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, New Zealand
N�3 Austria, Denmark
N�6 Australia, Argentina
N�7 Spain
N�12 Finland
N�13 Czechy
source : LE Club Des Stones
10-23-02 02:43 PM
egon that's why i live here; french people have taste! lol

and this:
It is also rumoured that they should perform in Marseille stadium (50 000), south of France

is very good news!!!

marcus, where do you get the info from.... s'il tu plait
[Edited by egon]
10-23-02 04:09 PM
marcus aurelianus Hi EGON !

Well , I don't know where you exactly live ...
The info about the concert in Marseille can be checked at
IORR site .It is only a rumour .

The concert scheduled in Marseille in 1998 had been canceled
for poor tickets selling ( It was just after the World Soccer Cup ).
10-23-02 04:22 PM
jean-pierrre M ..not for poor sales but because of Keith's accident in his
biblioth�que..
.Marseille Stade V�lodrome has now 60 000 places..it was full
in 1990 (50 000 placesin these years..)
10-23-02 05:00 PM
Lacride
quote:
marcus aurelianus wrote:
Hi Lacride !The DOGS used to be famous in the late 70 es and 80 es .Yes , they were influenced by the Stones . Sad news .

When I say the Stones are still n�1 in France , I was talking about 40 LICKS , of course .They have been n� 1 for 3 weeks !!! Isn't that excellent ??

C'est l'super pied d'acier g�ant!
Translation: it's the super geant steel foot! (what means: It's fantastic!)
10-24-02 02:58 AM
marcus aurelianus Jean-pierre ,

are you sure the Stones cancelled the 1998 Marseille concert because he had fallen from his ladder ( in his library ) ? I had been told the poor selling tickets .
Someone , in another site, recently said that only
about 20 000 tickets had been sold at that time ...
Where is the truth ??
10-24-02 01:18 PM
Jacques Hi Marcus
you're right Marcus
10-24-02 02:34 PM
stonesmik Can anyone tell me where to obtain the Dogs 1986/87 album "More more more", I don't care if on vinyl or on CD. I'm looking for this one since a long time, had it then but lost it later.
10-24-02 03:40 PM
WahWahWoody They cancelled Marseille because of poor ticket sales. They also skipped a second Paris show at Stade de France for the same reason. They sold out one show but they didn't want to take the risk of playing a second show with only 15,000 or 20,000 in this huge stadium. So maybe France is not the best place for the boys to play more than one or two shows. They should add more shows in Holland and Germany....and they will. Just wait for next week!
10-25-02 03:22 AM
marcus aurelianus Well ,in a way I think you are right Woody , But the selling of 40 LICKS are really excellent here .I went to 2 big record shops yesterday ,and the Stones are still n�1 !

I don't think they can fill 2 Stades De France ( 80 000 people each night ), but they can fill 1 Stade De France and 1 Bercy ( Paris Arena :18 000 ).
On the other hand, I very much doubt they will play in Marseille ...But who knows ?? I would be so proud of them !!

It is confirmed : they will play in CROATIA , in Zagreb Stadium in early August .
10-25-02 09:12 AM
egon marcus,

i live in marseille (excellent place!!!)

as for the cancelled concert;

the "official" reason was because keith was injured,
but it seems that ticked sales were very poor...
and although keith was injured, they played at Barcelona only a few days before they were supposed to play marseille.

anyway; i sure hope they'll come to marseille next year.
been to the stadium once to watch OM. they didn't do too well, but the stadium is really nice!

Bonne weekend a tout le monde

10-25-02 10:06 AM
egon btw i know one of you 'frenchies' lives in or near marseille
do you know where i can buy the rolling stone magazine with the keith interview. have been running all over town, but can't find it. (merde)
10-25-02 02:09 PM
marcus aurelianus Nice to meet you EGON . Hope you'll have the opportunity to
see the Stones in your home town Marseille or...elsewhere !

Salut � toi !
10-27-02 08:04 AM
egon Merci marcus, J�esp�re aussi !
Mais ou tu habite ? J�ai croix a Marseille aussi ?
(Sorry my French is pretty �merde�)

Ciao
10-28-02 01:46 AM
marcus aurelianus No EGON , I don't live in Marseille but in Paris .
10-28-02 06:00 AM
egon o la la; paris and marseille.
they don't mix very well do they?
interesting match last saturday.... :-)
10-28-02 03:57 PM
marcus aurelianus Well , there have always been competitions between the North and the South ( in sports , but not only.. ). Marseille used to be better at football . But I expected them to lose this time . What happened indeed .And then riots (as usual !)...
10-29-02 03:44 AM
sonicrock pour en revenir a dominique laboub�e c etait en effet un grand fan des stones, et aussi mon ami, il est mort d un cancer fulgurant a l hopital de worcester usa en plein milieu d une tourn�e us des dogs la premiere, cruel destin, c etait un personnage charmant tjs pret a aider les jeunes groupes qui debute il va me manquer et manquer au rock francais rip 9/10/02 sonicrock
10-29-02 01:28 PM
marcus aurelianus D�sol� Sonicrock . RIP.