ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shirt of the "1984 wordwide tour" here! Return to archive
October 24th, 2004 06:08 PM
TooTough http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28022&item=3847833372&rd=1

I hope the highbidder is not one of this forum!
Cheers!
October 24th, 2004 06:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL well, the other day someone posted a link to a Let it Bleed album signed by Brian Jones!!!!!
October 24th, 2004 06:14 PM
Gazza I love the way he describes the shirt as coming from the "legendary" 1984 tour!!!

To be fair, though it DOES say "1984 tour" ON the shirt, so its not ALL his fault.
October 24th, 2004 06:59 PM
Madafaka LOL! Really funny
October 24th, 2004 10:13 PM
Bob Tamp It's pretty amazing all the fake shit out there that is bought by people.
I went to a fair about 2 weeks ago, and my uneducated friend thought I would love this Stones poster( in a stack of those so called Actual Concert Reproduction posters)

The guy tells me they are all authentic, and I laughed at him telling it was a fake. He insisted that I was wrong.

The Poster advertised the Stones at the LA Forum for June 1976 with Doobie Bros opening. I told the guy the Stones did not tour the States in 1976... and the biggest laugh was the picture used on the poster.. it was one of the promo shots from 1980's Emotional Rescue.
October 24th, 2004 11:08 PM
gypsy Damn...there's no pulling the wool over any of your eyes.
October 25th, 2004 07:38 AM
nankerphelge Ha -- I got one of those Stones posters too -- first clue -- it said "Rolling Stone's" in the top line!!

Rolling Stone's what?

Second, it was supposedly from the '72 tour, but the picture was from '78!!

Last, the opening act was listed as Joe Crocker -- you remember him -- he was the guy that played on Kojak and sang With a Little Help from my Friends at Woodstock!!

Cracked me up!
October 25th, 2004 07:51 AM
Gazza bootleg "official programmes" (as well as the t-shirts) used to be a big thing at concerts in the UK and Ireland until relatively recently.

Some of them were actually quite good, but others not quite so well researched. First Stones concert I went to was at Slane Castle in Ireland in '82. Back then, it didnt occur to many people that youd only get the official stuff INSIDE the venue - so there were guys outside selling programmes that were being advertised as "official". A quick glance through the programme showed that it didnt even mention any text inside that referred to the current tour and solely consisted of photos from the previous European tour - in 1976! Billy Preston's afro was quite prominently displayed on the front cover photo, which kinda alerted me to the fact that all wasnt as it seemed. I passed, but there were still a lot of people snapping them up!
October 25th, 2004 09:52 PM
Soldatti LOL!