ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1964-1965 Video? Return to archive
October 24th, 2004 02:01 AM
jasta During 1964-1965, the Stones performed Empty Heart, If You Need Me, Down Home Girl, and Cry To Me on British TV. Are any of these on video?

Thanks
October 24th, 2004 03:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
jasta wrote:
During 1964-1965, the Stones performed Empty Heart, If You Need Me, Down Home Girl, and Cry To Me on British TV. Are any of these on video?

Thanks

Not as far as I'm aware. A lot of those songs, when they WERE 'performed' on TV would have been playback-only, not "live". However, I've never seen versions of any of those songs on video from TV appearances.

For a record of "live" TV performances and whether or not theyre in circulation, see http://www.rocksoff.org/tv.htm
October 25th, 2004 05:23 AM
piratekeef There's a VCD circulating which features several early Stones TV appearances. Mainly from 1964 &1965. However, the disc does not include any of the tracks meantioned above. The videos included are taken e.g. from the Pollwinner's Concert and some British and American TV shows (some include live vocals). Here's some of the songs: Oh Baby, Not Fade Away, Carol, Suzie Q, Heart Of Stone, Tell Me, High Heeled Sneekers, Down The Road Apiece, It's All Over Now. Some songs appear several times - taken from different sources. The VCD runs about 50 minutes.