ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimmy Miller death - Timothy Leary born Return to archive
October 22nd, 2004 01:45 PM
Jair Another sad reminder: Jimmy Miller dies at october 22, 1994.

On the other hand, Timothy Leary was born also at 22 october, in 1920.
October 22nd, 2004 01:53 PM
J.J.Flash Yes, I saw an article about Miller this morning. Really didn't know that he's gone in 1994.

About Timothy Leary, I'm still considering the possiblity of trying that lysergic acid.
October 22nd, 2004 01:55 PM
jb Did Mick, Keith or any of the Stones go? Or like Brian, fuck 'em over as well...?
October 22nd, 2004 01:56 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Yes, I saw an article about Miller this morning. Really didn't know that he's gone in 1994.

About Timothy Leary, I'm still considering the possiblity of trying that lysergic acid.

And try to stay away from the window and ladder kid
October 22nd, 2004 01:57 PM
T&A Stones were in the midst of a world tour at the time. Don't think anyone went - then, again, they really hadn't worked with him in 20 years at that point.
October 22nd, 2004 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
T&A wrote:
Stones were in the midst of a world tour at the time. Don't think anyone went - then, again, they really hadn't worked with him in 20 years at that point.

Cosidering their best work was with him as well, I hope they at least sent flowers...even "Dead Flowers"...
October 22nd, 2004 02:03 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
jb wrote:
Cosidering their best work was with him as well, I hope they at least sent flowers...even "Dead Flowers"...

Agree jewish amigo
October 22nd, 2004 02:04 PM
Bloozehound Miller definitely got the best outta them
October 22nd, 2004 02:23 PM
kath i can't imagine doing acid today....but i'm really old and it would just be depressing.

back in the olden days, though...i loved that and mescaline a WHOLE lot and pretty often.

many are saying to themselves "well, DUHHHH!"

it's ok...nothing i haven't told myself a zillion times over the last 30 years or so.....
October 22nd, 2004 02:31 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
i can't imagine doing acid today....but i'm really old and it would just be depressing.

back in the olden days, though...i loved that and mescaline a WHOLE lot and pretty often.

many are saying to themselves "well, DUHHHH!"

it's ok...nothing i haven't told myself a zillion times over the last 30 years or so.....

We preferred mushrooms in Gainesvilles cow pastures...
[Edited by jb]
October 22nd, 2004 03:42 PM
Soldatti Jimmy Miller was the best, inclusive on Goats Head Soup.
His work was fine, direct and with heart.
October 22nd, 2004 07:15 PM
L&A Was it Jimmy Miller behind Primal Scream, a pale copy of the greatest Stones moments ?
October 22nd, 2004 07:30 PM
mac_daddy you said that you "saw an article" - where? can you provide a link..?

how exactly did he die? how exactly did he part with the stones..? i know the old quote of keef's (paraphrased) "jimmy worked for months carving a swastika in the console, and we went in the other room and finished ghs."

but there has got to be more to it than that...

it has been said many times, but he did a terrific job with the stones, and did produce their finest albums. and as is widely recognized, he recorded drums better than anybody else, period. the floor tom hits in monkey man come immediately to mind, along with the percussion in sympathy, or...

on a somewhat related note, i am hesitant to say (still after all the years) that don was is a good fit for the band ( i do NOT think he is), but i assume he is the one with whom they continue to work. i don't like chuck l., either, but i seem to be in the minority on both of these sentiments...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
October 22nd, 2004 07:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
L&A wrote:
Was it Jimmy Miller behind Primal Scream, a pale copy of the greatest Stones moments ?

yes - he did produce them

Have you ever noticed that the melody on the chorus of their hit "Rocks" is almost a carbon copy of the Stones' GHS (and another Jimmy Miller production) outtake "Criss Cross Mind" ? I guess they figured that if they nicked the riff from a song thats only appeared on bootlegs, hardly anyone would know it...
October 22nd, 2004 10:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Today 4 years ago I posted a thread about Timothy and the Rolling Stones connections; in fact, we used one of the last images of Timothy alive as the header that day.

He was controversial but the proper use of LSD and sike-ay-delics could be very positive for the mind and soul health

Happy birthday where ever you are Tim

My brother Horacio met him in Mexico a couple of times, he also met Allen in the USA, he's known as the Mexican Allen Ginsberg as he has the same look but instead of a poet he is a mad scientist (a pic of him with me is at my profile space)

To make this a Stones-related reply, this is Timothy with Todd Rundgren and Stones producer Don Was back in 1995 some months before Timothy passed and some months after Don produced Voodoo Lounge for the Rolling Stones

I'm going to look for that thread or at least the information, of course it is not in the archives as it was posted in the old Inside The Web space

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
October 22nd, 2004 10:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, what a great surprise Jair "Coca Buena" is back!!!!

Well what's goin' on, three great comebacks this week, Maxy, Sir Stonesalot and now you!
October 23rd, 2004 10:14 PM
Soldatti Great story and pic.
October 24th, 2004 11:15 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thank you...
October 25th, 2004 01:05 PM
Jair [quote]mac_daddy wrote:
you said that you "saw an article" - where? can you provide a link..?

how exactly did he die? how exactly did he part with the stones..?

It's not an article, but there's some info about JM at http://www.timeisonourside.com/whydontLQ.html#JIMMY%20MILLER

------.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Hey Gerardo, thanks, very kind of you, really many thanks
[Edited by Jair]