ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why a new live album? Return to archive
October 22nd, 2004 10:00 AM
Jair Probably this topic is not exactly new, but i'd to know why the Stones are releasing a new live fucking album. I cant' stand this kind of thing, is too much, they're abusing!

We already got in last four years No Security, Forty Licks, Forty Licks special edition, SFTD remixes, 4 box set DVDs, 22 (!!!) remastered ABKCO albuns (I bought about ten), Jump Back US edition, some singles here and there, that fucking DVD with canadiam shows...what more they want beside our money? Because me, well, I'd like a new album with NEW & good stuff.

The fact is, imo, Mick & Keith are too old to produce new good stuff, and there's no more drugs enough to make them work with some property and delivery a decent album. Too bad, but they're doing exactly the same dozens of other decadent bands like them- just living from the glorious past.

Bye Sir, and thanks for those 10, 15 years tops of good services.
October 22nd, 2004 12:26 PM
glencar No, this is not a new topic. We've had 3 or 4 like this. Live album now is superfluous but we'll still buy it.
October 22nd, 2004 12:29 PM
T&A but it's a sad reminder - no matter how much many of us lifelongers want to deny it - of how our mighty heroes have slipped into a pathetic oldies act.
October 22nd, 2004 03:13 PM
J.J.Flash Hey Jair.... I'm here with nothing to do and then....out of the blue... something really weird came to my mind....well, let's go.....Don't you think Shirley (Charlie's wife) looks like Ana Maria Braga?!? I really need a brazuca to confirm or deny that for me......
October 22nd, 2004 03:23 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jair wrote:
Probably this topic is not exactly new, but i'd to know why the Stones are releasing a new live fucking album. I cant' stand this kind of thing, is too much, they're abusing!

We already got in last four years No Security, Forty Licks, Forty Licks special edition, SFTD remixes, 4 box set DVDs, 22 (!!!) remastered ABKCO albuns (I bought about ten), Jump Back US edition, some singles here and there, that fucking DVD with canadiam shows...what more they want beside our money? Because me, well, I'd like a new album with NEW & good stuff.

The fact is, imo, Mick & Keith are too old to produce new good stuff, and there's no more drugs enough to make them work with some property and delivery a decent album. Too bad, but they're doing exactly the same dozens of other decadent bands like them- just living from the glorious past.

All this releases, less No Security, were commercial's hits, inclusive Jump Back. The Stones are selling material from the past, the people (80% of they) not are thinking on a new studio album. They want to hear Satisfaction, not a new song called "Always Forever", and all the commercial releases are for that people and for us we will have (with lucky) 1 album x decade. Sad but true.
October 23rd, 2004 07:52 PM
quackenbush If the Rolling Stones put an entire live show, maybe a club show, on record I'd buy it. Those cut up things they are releasing, where the songs come from a variety of shows is what turns me off. It is probably the same reason No Security bombed. Wasn't jarring to hear Mick chattering on in a few different lanquages throughout the album. Blech.
October 23rd, 2004 10:44 PM
Soldatti
quote:
quackenbush wrote:
If the Rolling Stones put an entire live show, maybe a club show, on record I'd buy it.

Wait 5-10 years and you will have 1 official Double live CD each month.
October 24th, 2004 10:25 AM
Stones Fan, Gar Live Licks cover ---> http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00064VQCQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
October 24th, 2004 10:28 AM
L&A
quote:
Jair wrote:

When I started to listen to the Stones, back in 1979, I was 14. No one could think at this time that the Stones would survive (after the punk, the disco, the new wave, the techno, the RnB, the rap, the grunge, .. etc).
25 years later, they are still alive, active, planning new tours, working on new projects (solo or with the band). There is no other band worldwide with the same endurance.
So please don't blame them to much. I think they deserve to live a little from "the glorious past"...
October 24th, 2004 03:19 PM
F505
quote:
L&A wrote:
So please don't blame them to much. I think they deserve to live a little from "the glorious past"...

very wise words L&A
October 24th, 2004 03:33 PM
Gazza fair enough point in principle, but they key words are "a little"

By the time their next studio album comes out it will be closer to eight years than seven since the last one.

I think to describe that gap as "a little" time to rest on theur creative laurels is stretching the bounds of credibility a little....
October 24th, 2004 03:38 PM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
fair enough point in principle, but they key words are "a little"

By the time their next studio album comes out it will be closer to eight years than seven since the last one.

I think to describe that gap as "a little" time to rest on theur creative laurels is stretching the bounds of credibility a little....

Don't agree, even if they stop right now they couldn't be blamed!
October 24th, 2004 04:41 PM
glencar Nobody would blame them if they stopped. They've earned a rest. But to not put out new material for so long is pretty lazy.
October 24th, 2004 06:05 PM
Gazza thats what I mean.

Either admit youre purely a nostalgia act and content to rest on your laurels - of if youre not, do something to prove it.
October 24th, 2004 07:10 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nobody would blame them if they stopped. They've earned a rest. But to not put out new material for so long is pretty lazy.

100% True. If they don't want to record another album, it's OK but if you release 2 live albums and 2 Music Videos on that time is veeery laaaaazy. Where are the vaults? They can do an album each year for 10 years with the unreleased songs there.
October 24th, 2004 08:29 PM
Mr Hess face it, our boys have been coasting for a while when it comes to 'new' product.
But seeing I'm a completist, I'll buy the damn CD anyhow!
October 25th, 2004 12:33 AM
Bloozehound I'll be keeping an eye on the used cd bins, disc 2 has my interest, there's no way I'm gonna pay 25 bucks for it, it's not that critical

October 25th, 2004 01:42 AM
corgi37 I'd rather spend money on a band that cares about its fans, and is still creative.

U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like fuck i will!! hahaha. Aint buying Live Licks either. And, i better not get it for Christmas!
October 25th, 2004 03:40 AM
F505 being lazy is not a crime!
October 25th, 2004 09:46 PM
Soldatti Depends of the attitude and the Stones' attitude on the last years (about the new material) not is very good.
[Edited by Soldatti]
October 25th, 2004 11:17 PM
corgi37 I'd say their attitude since b2b is very bloody lax.